WTF Cops and too much force AGAIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slaterd View Post
    Pardon my ignorance of how the system works...but what about an independent bureau to be organized for each county with a registered PD to put the reigns on them. If you have a police officer pull you over illegally and harasses you like the video above, you call them and they come out to the scene and have the authority to determine whether the police have a valid reason for the stop. If they find they don't, they issue them some citation that gets docked from a total point system that follows the police officer's record. If they do have a valid reason, then they make sure the police carry out the situation legally.

The problem is that they are able to call back up if they feel a situation is out of their control. Who do we have to call if the situation with the police gets out of hand...more police? nah.
    Well, most departments are going to have some sort of 'internal affairs' office to investigate claims of abuse, harassment, ect but doing that at the roadside is just as foolish as trying to argue your claim at the roadside--that is exactly why we have a court system.

Comment

Based on entirely anecdotal evidence, most internal affairs departments are a joke. Nothing happens unless you involve the courts and doing so is prohibitively expensive for most people. We're taking baby steps towards a system none of us want all in the name of "the greater good". Hope our kids and grandkids like what we're creating for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Beastolizer View Post
        Well, you fellas have any suggestions on better countries to move to? I think it's time I start saving up to make that a reality. The more conscious I become of what is really going on in this country, the more I have this internal gut feeling to just pack-up and leave.
        Australia. The police are still somewhat asses but at least you wont die because you were 5km/h over the speed limit.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Massimo View Post
          Australia. The police are still somewhat asses but at least you wont die because you were 5km/h over the speed limit.
          Yeah, you'll die from a spider bite while walking your dingo...err dog. :D

Comment

Originally posted by ParsedOut View Post
            Yeah, you'll die from a spider bite while walking your dingo...err dog. :D
            Meh Spiders are fine.

Its the drop bears and big reds you need to worry about. They will f*$K your shit up.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Massimo View Post
              You're joking, right? America > Australia in every imaginable way. Except diving board bumpers. Diving boards suck.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooffenstein HD View Post
                You're joking, right? America > Australia in every imaginable way. Except diving board bumpers. Diving boards suck.
                I would say we are even good heath care here over what ever it is they have in the USA, but the USA has better cars and road rules, etc etc.
                sigpic

Comment

New Zealand is the place to be.

Comment

New Zealand is the place to be.

Now you are talking
                    sigpic

Comment

I like to fuck sheep
                      fixed.

:D

Comment

THREAD RESURRECTION

past:
                        1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                        1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                        1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                        1985 323i baur
                        current:
                        1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Well since this is resurrected... I was jailed on the 26th of the December last year. I have epilepsy and while in jail was denied my medication which resulted in me have petite mal seizures in jail and grand mals once I was released.

Since then I've gone to a county review board against a sheriff representative (from the county sheriff jail). To make things short, the rep told me that denying me my medication, for my nightly and morning doses, was proper and all within protocol and that it was my fault for not taking my dose before getting arrested. He even scoffed when I mentioned that each seizure has a compounding effect which makes having future ones easier to have; making life permanently harder. WTF

I know this isn't a ferguson story but I honestly don't know if I'll be able to restrain myself the next time I'm getting shit from a cop based on my last experiences. Just a big ol' boys club with no accountability and within their own bubble. Especially with some of those cases you hear regarding civil forfeiture and serving and protecting certain communities.

It sounds rash but I'd opt out of their service.

Comment

Seems like the daughter wanted him dead, to respect his wishes as POA... remorse sets in with a big decision like that and finds someone to blame. Glad the courts bring out these things.
                            ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

Being a cop is a ridiculously hard job and I am thankful for the very few good cops I've seen in action. That being said motherfuck the police. I know a couple guys who are officers and based on what they've told me I think its fair to say that for every good cop there are atleast 2 shitty cops who do extremely questionable things daily.
                              Originally posted by csermonet47
                              Vlad, you are handling this quite unprofessionally.

Also, you are a cock with tacky taste.

That is all.

Comment

Dozyproductions what did you get arrested for?

Comment

Working...
                                X