Shutdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by illest318i View Post
    I agree with you man. I know it sounds crazy to some people, but from what I know this is the plan and more things to come.

Although it's good to have ammo I don't think civilians will stand a chance against the governments millions worth of ammo. Also I think everyone will get arrested and sent to these FEMA camps, the people who fight will get killed if anything.

It freaking sucks, I hope it's BS, but it makes sense in every way and everything fits in perfectly from what I have learned.

I will now walk back slowly before anyone thinks I'm a dumbass and am full of shit... Good day :pimp:
    Far too late.
    Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
    Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
    One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Brave, that's an interesting piece.......but it's nearly pure speculation.

I have a hard time believing by acting like idiots the last few years has cost almost as much as Iraq and Afghanistan for the last 10.
      Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
      Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
      One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
        Brave, that's an interesting piece.......but it's nearly pure speculation.

I have a hard time believing by acting like idiots the last few years has cost almost as much as Iraq and Afghanistan for the last 10.
        Point #1 wasn't really convincing, but #2 is. Uncertainty about keeping the federal government operating is having a tangible cost.

S&P: The Shutdown Took $24 Billion Out Of The US Economy

The S&P has cut the annualized U.S. growth view closer to 2% from 3%, Bloomberg is reporting.

The ratings agency — which recognizes the Senate deal will be approved — says that the shutdown has taken $24 billion out of the economy and cut 0.6% off of yearly fourth quarter GDP growth.

Good job, Tea Party shitheads. Keep showing us how much you "love" America.

Comment

after reading your referenced article, let me point out a flaw in their (your) reasoning-

S&P's claim that the economy lost $24 billion during the shutdown is based on their changing their forecast from 3% growth to 2%. their projections were based on their appreciation of the last debt ceiling debacle and an assumption that politicians learned their lesson.

since there was no shutdown in 2011, their logic is a stretch. the article offers not a single shred of actual evidence to support the claim.

Comment

Originally posted by illest318i View Post
            I agree with you man. I know it sounds crazy to some people, but from what I know this is the plan and more things to come.

Although it's good to have ammo I don't think civilians will stand a chance against the governments millions worth of ammo. Also I think everyone will get arrested and sent to these FEMA camps, the people who fight will get killed if anything.

It freaking sucks, I hope it's BS, but it makes sense in every way and everything fits in perfectly from what I have learned.

I will now walk back slowly before anyone thinks I'm a dumbass and am full of shit... Good day :pimp:
            at least with ammo you can die fighting for your human rights...

but yea be careful because they all think im a looney toon for saying all that.. lol

whatever though at least we warned them.
            sigpic

Comment

You crazy people talking about Marshal Law and needing ammo and such should at least be as crazy as to pack up and move out of California.

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                You crazy people talking about Marshal Law and needing ammo and such should at least be as crazy as to pack up and move out of California.

lol nah. im good off that. i live in one of the most beautiful/most expensive places in California. I'm a California native. Won't ever leave this place unless its vacation.
                sigpic

Comment

California would be better off without them.

Comment

Originally posted by cgk_iii View Post

lol nah. im good off that. i live in one of the most beautiful/most expensive places in California. I'm a California native. Won't ever leave this place unless its vacation.
                    I know a guy that used to say those exact same things. He too was a California Native, born and raised in SoCal and lived in many nifty, highscale cities, towns and areas. He used to say "Why would you live anywhere but here, this place is the center of the universe..." and constantly think the people in the center of the country were inept country bumpkins that can be happy sitting, doing nothing by a fire in the middle of nowhere.

One day he found he was sorely wrong, and had the real world twisted up with the pretend, make believe world. It took him some time to come to grips with the realization.

Originally posted by tjts1 View Post
                    California would be better off without them.
                    Yep, can't have people that think for themselves infecting the stupid pool.

Comment

You could work just as hard to make less elsewhere, but the benefit is that less will buy you three times what you get where you are, but you're in the center of the Universe, so keep on thinking the planets revolve around you.

EDIT: And I'm not one of those, I'm fucking stoked I took off from Southern California in 2009 and moved to rural farmland Idaho. I have not, and never will look back wondering if I made the right decision. Fuck the insanity that is being a citizen of the Republik of Kalifornia.

Comment

I know a guy that used to say those exact same things. He too was a California Native, born and raised in SoCal and lived in many nifty, highscale cities, towns and areas. He used to say "Why would you live anywhere but here, this place is the center of the universe..." and constantly think the people in the center of the country were inept country bumpkins that can be happy sitting, doing nothing by a fire in the middle of nowhere.

One day he found he was sorely wrong, and had the real world twisted up with the pretend, make believe world. It took him some time to come to grips with the realization.

Yep, can't have people that think for themselves infecting the stupid pool.
                        :rofl:

Farb you have some very excellent points
                        Originally posted by Fusion
                        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                        William Pitt-

Comment

You could work just as hard to make less elsewhere, but the benefit is that less will buy you three times what you get where you are, but you're in the center of the Universe, so keep on thinking the planets revolve around you.

show me one statement i made about me being in the "center" of the universe? that "less" might buy you "more" but what benefits do you have for living in bumfuck nowhere? If i wanted to i can move an hour down south and live just like a king. we have the luxury of everything is my point. you can drive 3 hours north east and your in the snow or you can drive 4-5 hours south and be on the beach. Since when is your opinion right or my opinion right? its called an opinion for a reason.

Wtf is up with all the hate in this thread?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cgk_iii
                            yea and i also know people in Oklahoma, Idaho, Nevada, Utah, and North Carolina. They dont have to work nearly as much as i do and most of them are unhappy. and guess where they used to live and were happy doing so... CALIFORNIA
                            You might be amazed how hard or as much as I have to work to be able to live where I do. (mostly thanks to you CA types) dont assume because someone lives in "bumfuck" that its CHEAP.

All the hate is beacuse CA sucks balls and contrary to about 97% of people from there that I have come in contact with all think its the greatest place on earth and want to change where they vacation, moved to, or use as a tax shelter, right back into the place they flee from. :crazy:
                            Originally posted by Fusion
                            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                            William Pitt-

Comment

show me one statement i made about me being in the "center" of the universe? that "less" might buy you "more" but what benefits do you have for living in bumfuck nowhere? If i wanted to i can move an hour down south and live just like a king. we have the luxury of everything is my point. you can drive 3 hours north east and your in the snow or you can drive 4-5 hours south and be on the beach. Since when is your opinion right or my opinion right? its called an opinion for a reason.

Wtf is up with all the hate in this thread?
                              That tone of "look-at-my-balls-I-live-in-the-most-expensive-place-in-California" statement, along with the "I'm-too-good-to-live-elsewhere" / "This-is-a-nice-place-to-visit-but-I-wouldn't-want-to-live-here" kinda gave the impression that you inflate your head to think you are in the greatest place in the country is where.

By having the luxury of everything, you really have nothing in life, it's hollow and fake, like the facades of an Old West ghost town movieset.

Comment

Originally posted by 2761377 View Post
                                after reading your referenced article, let me point out a flaw in their (your) reasoning-

S&P's claim that the economy lost $24 billion during the shutdown is based on their changing their forecast from 3% growth to 2%. their projections were based on their appreciation of the last debt ceiling debacle and an assumption that politicians learned their lesson.

since there was no shutdown in 2011, their logic is a stretch. the article offers not a single shred of actual evidence to support the claim.
                                They did not say there was a shutdown in 2011. Try reading again, with less confirmation bias this time.

Comment

Working...
                                X