Shutdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shutdown

Not a 'told ya so thread' from anyone just following this pretty close. Why cant right and left play nice for once
    Youtube channel is up!-->According2Valentine

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
    If lucky, the E36 will die peacefully, in its natural habitat, and be given the prestigious honor of donating its parts to an E30
    Originally posted by J3M93
    This guy delivers, you are a boss

I really feel like this is all one big dog and pony show, they are using this as a distraction form something else, or as a cover for something else. What I dont know, I have been too busy to keep up with anything but work
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

The speculation and fear surrounding this "shutdown" is ridiculous. I've had multiple people call and cancel appointments at my shop in fear that government is shutting down. They act like it's the apocalypse, the government has shut down before.

Comment

^
        yeah the only thing that is really going to be affected is the Nat parks will be closed and the IRS will stop doing audits
        Originally posted by Fusion
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

Soooooo no mail will be delivered by USPS?
          SO MUCH MORE TO DO!!
          IG: ohthejosh

LEGIT CHECK ME BRUH
          BUYER FEEDBACK THREAD

Comment

The postal service is an independent entity and will continue to run.

Comment

so you guys are saying that it will actually be better to not have our government run itself into the ground. sick.

Comment

So basically the national parks and museums close up. Yes, because they are the big spenders.

Someone tell me why we can't just suspend Congress and the Executive branch's pay?
                1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Somalia does awesome with little to no form of government. Lets follow their model
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dannyyisntt View Post
                    Somalia does awesome with little to no form of government. Lets follow their model
                    Exactly. They even have real pirates. Pastafarians can finally live in harmony.

Comment

Unfortunately it is a little more than national parks and the IRS will be affected. Civil service employees like myself get to come to work today to "close up shop" and then we are sent home indefinitely with no pay. And those who do get to stay (active duty and specific civil service) will most likely have delayed pay checks.

Comment

I think it's funny that they shut down "non-essential" service.

If it isn't essential, the gov't shouldn't be doing it.
                        Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                        Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                        One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post

Exactly.

Seeing as these assholes are all getting paid well over six figures, I'd say they can spare a bit to keep the real people who run this country paid.

Man, six figures for lying and in general not doing your job. I need to get in on this.

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post

That's not a convincing argument: that's just arguing semantics. most of our military spending is not essential but it won't shut down. Do you think the FAA should shut down? Meat factory inspectors?

Comment

I just like that we were told that sequestration would have "devastating" effects on the economy...bumpy, but..devastating. Nope. Government shutdown will have the stock market in turmoil. DOW is up +73 and NASDAQ is +38. All this crying and Obama talking about not negotiating with terrorists. Maybe shoulda thought about power shifts back when the ACA was shoved through with no Republican votes and Nancy Pelosi said flat out that she didn't care what Republicans wanted...her party was in charge. Hmmm, guess where we are now, Nancy? All that said, they can all go fuck themselves. And in similar news, we're getting closer to "Idiocracy": http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/40224..._hp_ref=comedy
                              sigpic

2014 GTI | 2002 Land Cruiser | 1991 Volvo 745t

Comment

Working...
                              X