Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Open carry is just silly.

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
    i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
    Originally posted by slammin.e28
    Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

Open carry is legal here too. We can usually pick out tourists because they're carrying open. 99% of residents conceal or don't carry at all.

Moral of this story?

Comment

Originally posted by E30NJ View Post
        look at Chicago where all guns are BANNED and they have one of the worst crime epidemics in history. then look at el paso texas, close to the border and has open carry, one of the SAFEST cities in the US.
        Wow. It must totally be correlated!

SCIENCE
        2011 1M Alpine white/black
        1996 Civic white/black
        1988 M3 lachs/black

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
          sure but what if someone wants your life??? Or your spouse's life, or your childs life?? What then are they insured and easily replaced...............
          99.9% of the time that isn't going to happen. I own a gun - never needed it. I studied krav for several years - never had reason to use it.

I'm more worried about the hothead in the Silverado that I inadvertently cut off who pulls up aside me and starts shooting from his legally owned weapon.

Most people shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a gun.
          1996 Civic white/black
          1988 M3 lachs/black

Comment

Originally posted by einhander View Post
            99.9% of the time that isn't going to happen. I own a gun - never needed it. I studied krav for several years - never had reason to use it.

I'm more worried about the hothead in the Silverado that I inadvertently cut off who pulls up aside me and starts shooting from his legally owned weapon.

lol

Moral of this story?

Comment

I believe that if guns are banned, the only people with guns will be the criminals. I carry to protect myself and my family. IIRC, I heard about North Dakota having open carry laws (correct me if I am wrong). Crime has gone down tremendously because most people assume you are carrying, concealed or open. Some criminals are at least smart enough to realize you may be messing with someone who more than likely has a gun. I believe that if you have or carry a gun, you better be prepared to use it.

Comment

Originally posted by einhander View Post

yes because people who drive trucks are so prone to doing that................
                last time I checked most people that shoot at others from automotive platforms (that are not in the military on a deployment to some sandy shit hole) are driving donks listening to gangster rap.

Your city is showing you might want to tuck that back in.
                Originally posted by Fusion
                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                William Pitt-

Comment

You can replace Silverado with Lexus, if you wish.
                  1996 Civic white/black
                  1988 M3 lachs/black

Comment

Originally posted by OnMy2ndE30 View Post
                    Crime has gone down tremendously because most people assume you are carrying, concealed or open. Some criminals are at least smart enough to realize you may be messing with someone who more than likely has a gun.
                    I doubt that is the reason.

Crime has more to do with economics than anything else and ND is among the wealthier places, per capita, on average. It's also got a smaller, more homogenous population, which also mitigates crime.
                    1996 Civic white/black
                    1988 M3 lachs/black

Comment

To the guy from TX. TX is the only state in the union that I know of that allows you to use castle doctrine as a legal defense for use of lethal force for defense of property alone. In all the other states castle doctrine your life or limb must be jeopardy, or that of someone in your home, there are a few states that have extended this to anywhere you have right to be and to anyone you see fit to stick your neck out for. These restrictions vary greatly from state to state, and if your going to carry a weapon you should be very familiar with the laws in the state in which you live and those in which you plan to travel in. Your story is unique to TX and only TX.......
                      I know several law enforcement officers and according to them, all you have to be is in fear of your life when the use of deadly force occurs. Now this is the opinion of the officers and of course subject to possible trial by a jury of peers. I am not saying that you are going to get off scott free just because you felt like shooting someone on your property because you feel like it. Each and every case is unique to the circumstances and in the case of my neighbor's dad, the use of deadly force was warranted and upheld by the court. He is an elderly man who has lived in the same neighborhood for 40 years. The neighborhood has turned questionable and he decided to get a gun after years of not having one due to an increase of home burglaries. He felt like he needed to use his gun to protect himself AND his property. The guy was at the front door stealing stuff off of his porch and my neighbors dad was concerned that he would enter his house. Before the Castle Doctrine, you would have to wait for the intruder to actually enter your home before using deadly force. By that time, who knows what would happen.

Comment

To the OP: I believe that open carry is a good thing, provided that you go through plenty of training and a thorough background check. I personally wouldn't carry open for fear of being targeted, as previously mentioned. Smart gun owners would carry concealed, as would I. The idiot gangstas that would carry open just to look cool probably wouldn't be able to carry legally anyway due to the fact that most of them have committed come kind of crime to prevent the privilege of them carrying at all, hence the ability of honest law abiding citizens to be able to protect themselves from said idiots. I am not saying that anything bad will never happen if everyone could carry open. I am saying that I wouldn't be opposed to open carry laws.

Comment

Well the point is, its hard to be in fear of your life when the baddie is running away from you carrying your 56" tv. And you shoot him in the back............

Hence my speel above on leathal force to protect property only in tx.
                          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                          William Pitt-

Comment

last time I checked most people that shoot at others from automotive platforms (that are not in the military on a deployment to some sandy shit hole) are driving donks listening to gangster rap.

You're making far more assumptions than he is.

Comment

Open carry is ridicules, plainly stated.
                              2014 Alpine White 335i MSport
                              (Daily Driver)
                              Full Mperformance Aero

2007 Black Sapphire Metallic E92 335i (6MT)
                              KW V2 Coilovers
                              VRSF Catless Downpipes

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
                                You're making far more assumptions than he is.
                                Some how I kinda doubt that

William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                                X