Could an atheist ever be president?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could an atheist ever be president?

Had this debate last night. My answer is yes, but not for another decade or so.
    2011 1M Alpine white/black
    1996 Civic white/black
    1988 M3 lachs/black

This country is unfortunately too religious currently. It would have to drop well below 50% religious population before that happens. Last I heard its in the 80% area? So yeah not for a long while.
    1991 325i - "Scambles" The Daily Driven lightly modded.
    1988 Mazda RX-7 TII "Mako" The Free Dorito
    bacon by Jared Laabs, on Flickr

Comment

An atheist president would be the perfect separation of church and state. I'd vote for the person on principle.

Will
      '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
      '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
      '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
      '88 BMW M3

Comment

Aren't there still places in the US where an atheist cannot even hold an office?

Subjects believe that people behave better when they think that God is watching over them

Comment

Here in Canada, I could not tell your the religious affiliation of a single politician. References to God and the queen are purely ceremonial as far as I know.
          For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
          Originally posted by mbonanni
          I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

I'm down for a God-less President, the country is fuct up enough it can't really hurt. I just envision the backlash and the long term public remorse and fact that another Atheist would never, ever get elected again.

Wait, am I saying something else with my comment?

Comment

Agreed. I'm aware of the PM's affiliation, but that is only because I actively sought that information. He's actually a pretty conservative evangelical, but you likely wouldn't know it by any of his dealings.

Comment

They might all say they're religious but money is their real god.

Comment

Originally posted by Dozyproductions View Post
                  They might all say they're religious but money is their real god.

Sent from my VS930 4G using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by farbin kaiber View Post
                    i'm down for a god-less president, the country is fuct up enough it can't really hurt. I just envision the backlash and the long term public remorse and fact that another atheist would never, ever get elected again.

Wait, am i saying something else with my comment?
                    qft

Comment

Working...
                    X