No announcement yet.

Pro-gun myths busted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right about what, oh yeah in imagination land maybe.
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by 2761377 View Post
      ^^^^ LOL - ad Hominem followed by "Good Bye Cruel World:("

since smooth is unresponsive, can an adult summarize his current position, please?

tia
      unresponsive isn't non-responsive...

Smooth has good points of view regarding taking care of people... helping at-risk youth, and social work that acts to prevent crime in the long run by reducing the number of people in situations so hopeless that they turn to crime.

However, for current crime, he apparently still believes that the tool is the bad actor, rather than the people using the tool for illegitimate purposes.

Obligatory story of self-defense by gun:

*No thugs were harmed in the making of this incident*

Originally posted by pcrussell50
      I remember that. And what's with this (anecdotally apparent to me), growing trend for car jackers to not just boot out the occupants and take the car, but actually kill them first?

One of my copilots told me an amazing story a few months back. He's from Little Rock, Arkansas, and a little bit "granola", (I hate to stereotype, but it makes the story more interesting). He doesn't know much about cars, drives a Subaru Forester, is into white water kayaking, and knows even less about guns, as you might expect from the stereotype. He and his wife were in the front seats of their Forester, and his buddy and his wife were in the back. They pulled up to a stop light and were just sitting there chatting, when BAM! The driver's front window is smashed out, and one of the back windows at the same time. The hadn't seen anybody coming on foot. The first thing they think from such a loud shock it that some car hit them. Within blinding seconds, the driver (my copilot buddy), has a knife on his neck, pressing pretty hard, (stereotypical big black dude ) demanding that he move over (into his wife's lap, presumably). Meanwhile, his buddy in the back is able to knock the knife away from his neck from the aft-attacker, and his trying to fight back, getting his hands and knuckles slashed up a bit by the knife. It was then that my buddy remembered his long-forgotten CCW and that he kept the gun between the seats next to the emergency brake. Lucky for him, he kept it chambered, ready for a double-action pull to fire. Or so he hoped, because not being much of a gun guy, and never having been assaulted before he never put much thought into his gun... just a minimum, in his words. For a second, he wondered if he should even risk it, because the knife was pressed hard on his throat, it wouldn't take much for a bad outcome as far as that was concerned. But he reached for it anyway, fumbling. He had to guess which side of the trans tunnel he had stored it on, (lack of preparedness), but he guessed right. In his mind, he was taking forever to get it out and pointed. He started pulling the double action trigger before he even had the gun levelled at the guy. Somehow the aft-attacker saw it and said, "he's got a gun!" The front attacker drew away quickly leaving a nasty slice across the throat where the knife had been, which startled my buddy into relaxing his pull on the trigger. And just like that, the two guys were sprinting away. Meanwhile, my buddy is going into shock, bleeding everywhere, eyes starting to roll. His wife and buddy goad him into driving the next block into the WalMart parking lot and calling 911. The cops and an ambulance arrive and the paremedics stabilize my buddy and calm him into realizing that he's not bleeding out (still needs a night in the hospital), but the cops are able to debrief him. Apparently the cops said, "Off the record? You should have shot the guy. If those are the guys we think they are, based on their MO, they're killing their victims." He still ponders heavily on how things unfolded, and how, he was in the act of pulling the trigger, and if the knife hadn't cut him, he would have shot the guy. He spends his thoughts on the matter worried at how close he was to taking a life, but cross referencing that with what the cops told him about how those guys might have killed him. It's hard for him to find a comfort zone over that incident. And he still has not become more interested in mental preparation for defending himself with his gun. But he still keeps it, in the same place in the same car. Fascinating psychological study, with emotions pulling from multiple directions.

Anyhow, that was yet another data point in my mind of carjackers who think killing is the way to go. Scary chit to consider here in CA, where the gun laws tell us that our lives are worth less than that of our assaulter.

-Peter

Comment

Comment

lol, do you guys never leave your computer desks?

go ahead and carry a knife or a bat around on your person for self-defense and see what a cop says when he sees you :)
          Das ist nicht nur nicht richtig, es ist nicht einmal falsch!

Comment

Originally posted by smooth View Post
            lol, do you guys never leave your computer desks?

go ahead and carry a knife or a bat around on your person for self-defense and see what a cop says when he sees you :)
            Slow day in the office...what's your excuse?

So you agree that concealed carry is a more logical form of self defense?

Comment

I carry a knife more than a gun, never had a word said to me about a knife, they always want your papers for your legality to carry the gun though. Used to have a old ash shovel handle in the back of my work truck all the time nothing was ever said about it either, just wanted my CCW permit and to know where the gun was at............ But thats in my experience so I am sure thats just anecdotal and had no real place in this conversation. Besides you can get in more trouble with the constabulary for carrying weapons other than firearms with or with out a permit if circumstances are interpreted wrong
              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
              William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by ParsedOut View Post
                So you agree that concealed carry is a more logical form of self defense?
                I've always been a proponent of one's right to carry a firearm for self-defense purposes. I simply believe they ought to be registered to their owners and all transfers should be properly documented with an accurate paper trail.
                Das ist nicht nur nicht richtig, es ist nicht einmal falsch!

Comment

Originally posted by smooth View Post
                  I've always been a proponent of one's right to carry a firearm for self-defense purposes. I simply believe they ought to be registered to their owners and all transfers should be properly documented with an accurate paper trail.

in other words, a National Gun Registry?

Comment

Yeah thats what I got out of that.....

William Pitt-

Comment

Here comes the denial...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
                      Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
                      Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
                      Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by 2761377 View Post
                        in other words, a National Gun Registry?
                        Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                        Yeah thats what I got out of that.....
                        Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post
                        Here comes the denial...

You knuckle draggers already know there's a law prohibiting that, right? Seriously... when you portend to be a guns rights enthusiast but don't even know about laws that have been on the books at a national level for nearly 30 years, it makes you look like a bunch of fucking retards.

Comment

We see talking about what he wants.

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
                          Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
                          Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
                            You knuckle draggers already know there's a law prohibiting that, right? Seriously... when you portend to be a guns rights enthusiast but don't even know about laws that have been on the books at a national level for nearly 30 years, it makes you look like a bunch of fucking retards.
                            How do you think the new "universal background checks" would be enforced then? Just because there is an in place currently doesn't mean new legislation is immune. Knuckle draggers...nice.

Comment

Context and comprehension are not strong suit of yours is it

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post
                              We see talking about what he wants.

William Pitt-

Comment

whatever you think "portend" means, it doesn't fit the context in which you've used it. and "pretend" doesn't, either.

evidently sleeve is right- you lack reading comprehension skills. my comment was just to confirm the position taken by smoothie. there currently is no chance of a National Gun Registry being started; the 2A conversation is about expansion of shall-issue. the only prospect you anti's have involves infringing on the 4th amendment with the "mental illness" card. apparently you all approve of stukaches ratting out enemies.

lastly, it's comical to assert the current Chief Executive, or anybody at DOJ would enforce a 30 year old law that runs counter to his(their) deeply held conviction. especially when he won't enforce laws enacted on his own watch.

knuckle draggers, indeed. did you ever have a thought you could call your own?

Comment

Working...
                                X