Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

legal robbery

sigpic
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

vid no longer exists man
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

guessing this is about traffic stop cash seizures, since that's all up in the media lately?

good argument for bitcoin.

find me a cop who understands that what he needs to take my assets is my private key. i dare you.
      past:
      1989 325is (learner shitbox)
      1986 325e (turbo dorito)
      1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
      1985 323i baur
      current:
      1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Something like this?

Aggressive police take hundreds of millions of dollars from motorists not charged with crimes http://wapo.st/stopandseize

Comment

Ahhh the Civil Asset forfeiture laws is what I was assuming as well. I tried to get a conversation going about this a few years ago here.

then Dozy brought it back up 2 years ago
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

Civil forfeiture is unconstitutional court sanctioned left, brought to our society mostly be the drug war.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post
              Civil forfeiture is unconstitutional court sanctioned left, brought to our society mostly be the drug war.
              thank you for that. I wonder though, when the officer gives you those two options to either give him the money or follow him to the station if you can just have the right to leave. It seems like the first two options rely on your consent.

Comment

^
                Nope then you will get drug out the car window, beaten, tazed while being yelled at to stop resisting while your arms are at their physical limits of forced contortion and likely broken. maybe even pepper sprayed while they are at it, and thats if your lucky, you would have to consider your self lucky to not get shot anymore for daring to question the authority of a constable

William Pitt-

Comment

I've used the, "Am I free to go?" routine and it worked. hmmm, in the likely scenario they threaten with calling the k-9

Comment

^

Yup that works then they call the dog and let him stand on your hood and climb all over your nice paint job and scratch and gouge it all too hell. And you HAVE NO RECOURSE with them to recoup the funds to repair it since there was "reasonable suspicion" to call the dog made up or other wise . If the dog trips or steps funny on a rock on the shoulder of the road thats a" hit " and they will rip your shit apart along side the high way and leave it lay for you to figure out how to get back together

William Pitt-

Comment

I have no idea why people consent to searches.

The very best possible outcome is picking up everything that used to be in your car off the side of the road and repacking it into your car.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                        ^

Yup that works then they call the dog and let him stand on your hood and climb all over your nice paint job and scratch and gouge it all too hell. And you HAVE NO RECOURSE with them to recoup the funds to repair it since there was "reasonable suspicion" to call the dog made up or other wise . If the dog trips or steps funny on a rock on the shoulder of the road thats a" hit " and they will rip your shit apart along side the high way and leave it lay for you to figure out how to get back together
                        As the article says, that would be the case only if you get stopped by a k9 unit.

Just read this concerning cali's laws:
                        The government can seize (and sometimes keep) your property when there is evidence that it was either used in the commission of a crime, or obtained by a crime.

AKA: laws saying you need a conviction regarding to money under $25000. Police can easily get around it.

I saw somewhere that CA ended with a D grade regarding the laws and actions taken place in the name of asset forfeiture. :borg: resistance is futile.
                        Last edited by Dozyproductions; 09-17-2014, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Most states have a bad record and poor citizen protection laws when it comes to asset forfeiture

William Pitt-

Comment

Sadly it's become such an issue in the US that it's started gaining international attention:

A series of articles in the Washington Post highlights the practise of civil forfeiture as questions mount over its fairness. Have the left and right found an issue on which they agree?

Across America, law enforcement officers - from federal agents to state troopers right down to sheriffs in one-street backwaters - are operating a vast, co-ordinated scheme to grab as much of the public’s cash as they can, writes Neil Macdonald.

The more I read and research in to current police practices, the more I'm disgusted and ashamed :(

Comment

Can this cameras on all cops thing hurry up too? Govment still thinks its the 80s and everyone is a gang banger slinging drugs packing 9s in their shorts.

Silly laws are silly. Problem is no one is challenging the Civil Forfeiture laws, you gotta lawyer up basically if it happens to you, constitutional rights dont matter anymore.
                              1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                              willschnitz

Comment

Working...
                              X