2 Senate votes short on bill cutting NSA out of phone data spying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 Senate votes short on bill cutting NSA out of phone data spying

A roll call of votes shows that 41 of the 42 votes against the bill were cast by Republicans, with only four senators from that party voting to move the bill forward.
    Good job, you fucking idiots.

Of course not, they are all about intrusion into our private lives whilst claiming they want less gov't intervention in public.

But as long as they trot out Guns, Abortion, and Jeebus, the dipshits in rural America will keep voting for them.
    Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
    Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
    One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

"We believe in limited government, less intrusion in to the private lives of Americans, and personal freedom...

J/K LOL"

- Republicans

Comment

The 1st fucking sentence has red flags and buzzers going off in my head that is creepy as fook. The govt does not give up power it only gathers it or moves it around.

"The US Senate voted against reining in the NSA's spying powers tonight, shooting down a proposal that was supported not just by intelligence reform groups, but by the director of the NSA himself"

You are aware that this bill if passed would have moved the sun set time table of the Patriot act and the Intelligence Reform and Terrorism Prevention Act from june of next year to the 12/31/2017 right...... Correct me if I am wrong here but was it not the Intelligence Reform and Terrorism Prevention Act that allows for the NSA to collect what its collecting???? Which would you rather have a reform that is going to last an extra 18 months or a sun set in 7 ish months ????? That was just a quick scanning of the thing I am sure there are more goodies buried in it to actually make worse

Section 701 if you want to read it
        Last edited by mrsleeve; 11-19-2014, 01:55 PM.
        Originally posted by Fusion
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

The 1st fucking sentence has red flags and buzzers going off in my head that is creepy as fook. The govt does not give up power it only gathers it or moves it around.
          this kind of view is beyond being simplistic.

Yeah, I'm well aware it's not a comprehensive solution. There's little chance that the patriot act would not be extended, just like it has been the last 13 years.

Don't pretend for a second that these fucking idiots in the GOP voted no because they had objections about extending the patriot act.

Comment

Nope your prolly right, and I dont have time to read the whole bill though and though to find more shit ...... I am sure there are some gems in there would set your hair on fire. If the guy in charge of data collection is all in, then there must be some new toys in there for him to play with to make his job easier. Other wise he would be bitching about how hard congress is making his job "to KEEP US safe"
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

I'm willing to be he doesn't have to say such things, because there are enough useful idiots to make that argument for him.

Comment

Like his boss maybe

William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                  Nope your prolly right, and I dont have time to read the whole bill though and though to find more shit ...... I am sure there are some gems in there would set your hair on fire. If the guy in charge of data collection is all in, then there must be some new toys in there for him to play with to make his job easier. Other wise he would be bitching about how hard congress is making his job "to KEEP US safe"
                  As if the Feds care if what they do is legal or not?
                  Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                  Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                  One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

agreed

William Pitt-

Comment

It would have extended for two years certain aspects of the Patriot Act, such as "roving" wiretaps
                      I haven't read the bill, and don't have a strategy, but that's annoying.

Sen. Patrick Leahy (D-VT), who introduced the bill.
                      This is why GOP voted against it.

Sen. Dianne Feinstein, a longtime opponent of intelligence reform, made a surprising change of vote and pleaded with her colleagues to support the bill.
                      This is enough for me not to like it.
                      Last edited by The Dark Side of Will; 11-24-2014, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X