This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post

EDIT: Trading didn't even occur until white man showed up and showed them how to do it.
    Gonna have to call BS on that one.

Comment

Originally posted by mbonder View Post
      Gonna have to call BS on that one.
      Fair enough. I stand corrected. http://www.encyclopedia.com/history/...rade-northeast
      Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
      Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
      Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post
        You think they still adhere to that? Before white men showed up, they were slaughtering each other for territory and resources, albeit limited.
        Yes I do. I work near two reservations and have met a few of them. Due to the nature of my job the meeting arises from them getting into trouble, but I meet the family too.

Do you actually believe that these pipeline projects have been pushed through for the benefit of citizens? Even though it has taken what is turning out to be one of the most corrupt politicians to date, discarding the oppositions argument, placing an oil executive in a leading government role and placing and executive order so they can be completed. That's them treading on you. That's them using our tax dollars to benefit big oil.

Comment

Reading MarshallNoise's comments about the Native Americans, I believe he's either really stupid or extremely racist. Most likely both. Definitely portrays well what a White Angry Supremacist Male must be. What's next? African Slaves were willing migrants? Get the fuck out dude and get an education.
          Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Originally posted by rhE-30 View Post
            Yes I do. I work near two reservations and have met a few of them. Due to the nature of my job the meeting arises from them getting into trouble, but I meet the family too.
            How can they own much in the way of material possessions? They are poor, right? You don't think they desire to be well off enough to have a roof over their head, education, food on the table, etc? I'd be surprised if they didn't.

Do you actually believe that these pipeline projects have been pushed through for the benefit of citizens? Even though it has taken what is turning out to be one of the most corrupt politicians to date, discarding the oppositions argument, placing an oil executive in a leading government role and placing and executive order so they can be completed. That's them treading on you. That's them using our tax dollars to benefit big oil.
            If supply goes up, that's all I care about. More product to market helps everyone. I don't see new oil pipelines coming on line as benefiting big oil when they have thousands out there already.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
              Reading MarshallNoise's comments about the Native Americans, I believe he's either really stupid or extremely racist. Most likely both. Definitely portrays well what a White Angry Supremacist Male must be. What's next? African Slaves were willing migrants? Get the fuck out dude and get an education.
              Yup, you got me painted into a corner.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by rhE-30 View Post
                I live near 2 big res's as well, one is your stereotypical res, and the other has embraced tourism and entrepreneurship, and only has a few pockets of former. The one I avoid has the bigger tourist draw and traffic though it as well.

Good lord the assumptions about things we know little to nothing about. Here I will try to help........................... again ffs I am getting tired of repeating myself

Originally posted by rhE-30
                Do you actually believe that these pipeline projects have been pushed through for the benefit of citizens?
                Yes these things benefit you and I and everyone else, by allowing more product into market faster, it helps to stabilize our own domestic market for motor fuels and petrol products, N/G lines help keep your heating costs and power generation (Gas fired power houses) costs stable, and lower by keeping up with increasing demands. Energy needs to be moved from production to refinement to consumption efficiently and effectively, the more choices and capacity to do this with in the market place for the more stable the supply is for the consumers as well as price stability based more on over all global market price Vs local availability.

Pushed though???? They are not "pushed though" You have people with resource, you have other people that need the resource to make their products (sometimes different divisions of the same company), and then those people need to ship the products to the places where they will be consumed by the general population. That resource/ product has to get point A to point B. Pipeline company steps in and says we will build the infrastructure to ship your stuff, and while we are at it to make it worth more to us we are going to put out bids for other people to ship their stuff, going along the same route (more or less) as well.

That is called an Open Season, when a shipper purposes a line to be built, they have to prove the capacity is needed, to the regulatory agencies. With those clients 10-20-30 year tentative shipping agreements in hand and the necessary route, build plans, envrio docs, and so on submitted to the appropriate agencies. So long as the need for the capacity is necessary, (IE not enough shipping slots, or not connecting the right locations with in existing infrastructure) and necessary steps are taken to protect public and environmental concernes are addressed in those plans regulators can NOT deny construction approval with out major issues, which can then be addressed in subsequent submissions. In short these are NOT "PUSHED THROUGH" no company is going to spend 3b dollars for a project in hopes someone will use it to not make money on them.

Even though it has taken what is turning out to be one of the most corrupt politicians to date, discarding the oppositions argument, placing an oil executive in a leading government role and placing and executive order so they can be completed.
                Obama ordering the ACOE to pull their approval was a direct violation of the laws governing the approval and regulatory process for this industry. Trump telling the the ACOE to reinstate the crossing permit, was a return to the law. I have gone over in depth why the indians were up in arms and why you dont wait till construction nearing completion before you get pissy about it.

Tillerson, has great deal of experience running one if the largest mulit-national companies on the planet effectively and getting the best deal for those he represents when dealing with others, including foreign govts . Skills that would come in handy when head of one of the largest govt agencies, and as the nations top diplomat when dealing with the leaderships of friendly and not so friendly nations at the negotiation table. Given the depth of his experience in dealing with many of those very people, he has a working relationship with them as it is now to draw upon, and likely a favorable one of being fair other wise XOM would not have been allowed to do business in those countries . Seems like a good choice to from that side of the argument to me.

That's them using our tax dollars to benefit big oil.

WHAT FUCKING TAX DOLLARS are you taking about???? These are not sports stadiums, Tax dollars dont fund these projects these are PRIVATELY FUNDED and these companies pay BILLIONS in taxes to all levels of govt from local township to federal.

Unless you are talking about the salaries of a few govt inspectors from FERC and FHMSA monitors on construction sites, and safety inspection once in service. Or bureaucrats handling all the paperwork. Unless of course your talking about the DAPL and the several million in clean up cost being footed by the ACOE cleaning up the mess left by Decay's buddies, (why didnt the Indians foot the bill outta those millions in the go fund me thing they have to fund the protest) or the 4ish million ND spent on police actions and peace keeping for 4 months.

Originally posted by decay View Post

factually incorrect. they had trading and currency, just not paper bills and coins. your racism is showing.
                I am very curious how any of that equates to racism??? How does one come to that conclusion based on displaying the lack of some historical knowledge????
                Last edited by mrsleeve; 03-31-2017, 06:26 PM.
                Originally posted by Fusion
                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                  I am very curious how any of that equates to racism??? How does one come to that conclusion based on displaying the lack of some historical knowledge????
                  dude, he's said more than once that they were "nothing but hunting/gathering/slaughtering savages" before white people showed up and "civilized" them.

you don't see that as even a little bit racist?
                  past:
                  1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                  1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                  1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                  1985 323i baur
                  current:
                  1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

dude, he's said more than once that they were "nothing but hunting/gathering/slaughtering savages" before white people showed up and "civilized" them.

you don't see that as even a little bit racist?
                    I am pretty sure you are adding a lot of stuff I never said.

I didn't say they were "nothing" but...Nor did I say they were savages. And I never once said white people civilized them.

Go back and quote me where I said any of that. I dare you.

It's not racist to say their way of life was obsolete. Its a fact.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

i've got shit to do, and either you know you're calling "fake news" right now or you are incredibly thick-headed.
                      past:
                      1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                      1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                      1985 323i baur
                      current:

Comment

i've got shit to do, and either you know you're calling "fake news" right now or you are incredibly thick-headed.
                        Got time to throw out accusations. Got no time to back them up.

GTFO.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

no, what i don't have time for is addressing your childlike intellectual dishonesty, boy. i have a social life and careers in both software and music, and i will not waste time digging through this thread for repugnant shit you've said when other people can find it for themselves.
                          past:
                          1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                          1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                          1985 323i baur
                          current:

Comment

no, what i don't have time for is addressing your childlike intellectual dishonesty, boy. i have a social life and careers in both software and music, and i will not waste time digging through this thread for repugnant shit you've said when other people can find it for themselves.
                            Should I repeat myself? The only one acting like a child is you. Seriously, it's like you never left the playground.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

...says the guy whose only arguments are "prove it" and "no u".
                              past:
                              1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                              1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                              1985 323i baur
                              current:

Comment

...says the guy whose only arguments are "prove it" and "no u".
                                Says the guy who hurls accusations that are gross misrepresentations and refuses to back up those claims.

You have time, you are just lazy as fuck.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Working...
                                X