Before Trump, the Media Loved “Alternative Facts”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LBJefferies View Post
    Ok so forget I said there was nothing to see there because again that is not the point. The point is the hypocrisy. Now that Trump is in office and plenty is coming out left and right about his administration, it's all of a sudden fake news?
    That IS the point though. :(
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
    Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
    Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post
      That IS the point though. :(
      Holmes you have selective memory
      About the only new channel that followed Benghazi was Fox, for a long time. They were about the only news channel ttyat did in depth journalism. After it blew up, became an issue in the House of Representatives with Trey Gowdy and his committee did the lame stream news start to cover it, and then they reported nothing to see.
      The lame stream news channels have it out for trump. They are actively trying to undermine him, and so far they have one scalp.
      There is a yuuuge difference, and if you can't see that, and apparently your so fixated on trump, that it's all we need to know.
      “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
      Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
        Let me guess, you visit all of Sweden's major cities regularly, and there was absolutely no crime whatsoever. Is that right?

FYI, since we're going to nitpick, my original comment was a bit hyperbolic. Obviously there are areas in Sweden that are fine. But don't tell me they aren't having problems. Most areas in Europe with large migrant populations are having problems.
        You're the one making claims, not me. Perhaps you should qualify your comments with some substance.

Comment

I posted it. No one cares to try and blow holes through it?

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post
            I posted it. No one cares to try and blow holes through it?
            I don't think any of us are seeing anything in the article that calls for any hole blowing. It seems pretty on-point to me. The one riot they mentioned happened after Trumps claim of "what happened last night." It resulted in some injuries but no gunshot wounds according to your source. They go on to say that some categories of crime show a marginal increase while others are down from recent years. Wake me up when their crime rates begin to get anywhere close to ours.
            "I think we consider too much the good luck of the early bird and not enough the bad luck of the early worm."
            -Franklin D. Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
              You're the one making claims, not me. Perhaps you should qualify your comments with some substance.
              there have been numerous reports going back through last year about the immigrant situation in Sweden, rapes etc. This is not new news.

try google

and i can personally verify there are parts of Paris you would not visit on your own because of the immigrant issue in France
              “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
              Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Morrison View Post
                I don't think any of us are seeing anything in the article that calls for any hole blowing. It seems pretty on-point to me. The one riot they mentioned happened after Trumps claim of "what happened last night." It resulted in some injuries but no gunshot wounds according to your source. They go on to say that some categories of crime show a marginal increase while others are down from recent years. Wake me up when their crime rates begin to get anywhere close to ours.
                "Ours" as in Chicago? Or the rest of America.

I think that any riots are worthy of press, don't you?

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Funny you mention Chicago, as its been getting a lot of attention from the media, and especially Trump as being the murder capital of America, even going so far as suggesting he'll send in the feds. I too, being a citizen of IL, dislike that Chicago had 762 murders last year. Said another way, that's 7 Swedens worth of murders. But its a big city, bigger than most. What that means is that despite having a large gross number of murders, your odds of survival are far better there than several other cities.

And yes, I and several of the mainstream media outlets including the Chicago Tribune felt that the Rinkeby riots deserved press coverage. Were you under the impression that they were not covered?
                  "I think we consider too much the good luck of the early bird and not enough the bad luck of the early worm."
                  -Franklin D. Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
                    there have been numerous reports going back through last year about the immigrant situation in Sweden, rapes etc. This is not new news.

try google

and i can personally verify there are parts of Paris you would not visit on your own because of the immigrant issue in France
                    Really ? Or are you watching too much Fox News? If I remember, that false info made the whole world laugh when it came out. ;-) And Fox even had to apologize. If American could stop living in continuous paranoiac fear, they would be happier... and the world would be a safer place.

Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Originally posted by Morrison View Post
                      Funny you mention Chicago, as its been getting a lot of attention from the media, and especially Trump as being the murder capital of America, even going so far as suggesting he'll send in the feds. I too, being a citizen of IL, dislike that Chicago had 762 murders last year. Said another way, that's 7 Swedens worth of murders. But its a big city, bigger than most. What that means is that despite having a large gross number of murders, your odds of survival are far better there than several other cities.

And yes, I and several of the mainstream media outlets including the Chicago Tribune felt that the Rinkeby riots deserved press coverage. Were you under the impression that they were not covered?
                      Chicago gets hammered because of their anti-gun stance and the fact that most of the murders/shootings are black on black. EDIT: http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/02/us/chi...-visual-guide/ I think per capita reporting doesn't show the whole picture; neither does CNN think it does either.

Regarding Rinkeby riots: It wasn't that it wasn't being covered, but you said "Wake me up when their crime rates begin to get anywhere close to ours." So should it be reported at all since it doesn't pale in comparison to what we deal with here?

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
                        Really ? Or are you watching too much Fox News? If I remember, that false info made the whole world laugh when it came out. ;-) And Fox even had to apologize. If American could stop living in continuous paranoiac fear, they would be happier... and the world would be a safer place.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...n_6508550.html
                        how's this Lee?

STOCKHOLM The Cologne sex assault on New Year's Eve, where groups of Arab and North African men groped more than a hundred German women, has shocked Europe this last week. But a very similar incident, with a large number of perpetrators and victims, took place in the Swedish capital last summer. That incident however was

BTW the way i saw the bad part of Paris is with a taxi driver. he doesn't like it, doesn't even like to drive through it but we were rushed to get to the airport and it was the shortest route. i can take care of myself and i wouldn't go there.
                        Last edited by gwb72tii; 02-22-2017, 02:25 PM.
                        Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                          You mean like this back in October?

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...2&postcount=28
                          Dammit. Beat me to it!!
                          2007 Big Twin Turbo 335i + 1989 E30 Track Car

Comment

Here's an interesting op ed from SWEDES on what's happened in Sweden:

sigpic

2014 GTI | 2002 Land Cruiser | 1991 Volvo 745t

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
                              how often do you visit sweden?
                              While not the biggest fan of Molyneux, the guest on his show is a Swedish hotel business owner who shares some extremely concerning insights into what it's been like living with the Swedish government supported mass influx of refugees. Well worth the listen to.

2007 Big Twin Turbo 335i + 1989 E30 Track Car

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
                                how's this Lee?

STOCKHOLM The Cologne sex assault on New Year's Eve, where groups of Arab and North African men groped more than a hundred German women, has shocked Europe this last week. But a very similar incident, with a large number of perpetrators and victims, took place in the Swedish capital last summer. That incident however was

BTW the way i saw the bad part of Paris is with a taxi driver. he doesn't like it, doesn't even like to drive through it but we were rushed to get to the airport and it was the shortest route. i can take care of myself and i wouldn't go there.
                                I spend several months per year riding Europe and North Africa. You should travel more. The world is not like you think it is. and honestly, the US is where I feel the most in danger when I travel. ;-)
                                Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Working...
                                X