The Democrat Party self destructs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
    ^The neo-republicans think everyone should pull themselves up by the bootstraps (which they should) but continue to pretend they never benefited from the public services they deride.

It's a very bizarre to me to ignore/deny that shit happens and we all need a hand now and then. Exactly what safety net benefits provide.

You'll notice gwb has nothing to say.
    it's because i rarely attend this forum because of the usual suspects like brave having little to add except snide remarks and insults.

primary education has been required for years, and public schools have been around forever. it's something as a society we choose to fund through taxes like anything else.

the argument form the conservative/libertarian side has to do with the federal governments intrusion into local education decisions. the federal government has no reason to intrude imho, which is a point to debate probably.

the founding of this country was to afford men (and women) LIBERTY from the oppressive hand of government.

The Bill of Rights is specifically about the citizens limiting the role of government, that individuals are free to make their own life and resulting success, or failure
    “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
    Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

nice

i'm glad my posts are getting you to stop posting

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
        it's because i rarely attend this forum because of the usual suspects like brave having little to add except snide remarks and insults.

primary education has been required for years, and public schools have been around forever. it's something as a society we choose to fund through taxes like anything else.

the argument form the conservative/libertarian side has to do with the federal governments intrusion into local education decisions. the federal government has no reason to intrude imho, which is a point to debate probably.

the founding of this country was to afford men (and women) LIBERTY from the oppressive hand of government.

The Bill of Rights is specifically about the citizens limiting the role of government, that individuals are free to make their own life and resulting success, or failure

What a worthless non-answer.

"Well we decided to do it, so we do."
        Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
        Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
        One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

It doesn't even make sense, hes acting like all universities are private institutions that don't already abide by some government regulations and ideas. Where does he think these institutions came from?

I really don't see how trying to remove the ridiculousness of student loans from our education ideas and replace it with a directly subsidized plan, probably based on merit, to stop this ever increasing pattern of debt.

Id be interested to see how much more it even costs in the end after the obvious returns of having a more educated nation, as it is the government probably loses a ton of money on their current stafford loans.
          1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
          willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
            It doesn't even make sense, hes acting like all universities are private institutions that don't already abide by some government regulations and ideas. Where does he think these institutions came from?

I really don't see how trying to remove the ridiculousness of student loans from our education ideas and replace it with a directly subsidized plan, probably based on merit, to stop this ever increasing pattern of debt.

Id be interested to see how much more it even costs in the end after the obvious returns of having a more educated nation, as it is the government probably loses a ton of money on their current stafford loans.
            here's a suggestion
            work your way through school like I did

wtf - what a bunch of pansies. you lefties need to get beat up by life, actually earn what you have instead of expecting life to be fair. life beats the shit out of you then you die. hoe about earning minimum wage for a few years to learn a job skill, and then work 60 hours a week to get ahead, like some of us on this board have.

or go get a job first and save your money for school

or join the military where they might drum discipline and a work ethic into brave's fat ass. that would be a sight for sore eyes. you could get a job as a commercial airline pilot brave for 7 years of service. earn 200k+ a year, about 10X what you make now, and be a better person for the service. just let us know what airline you work for so we can avoid it.

sorry to see the circle jerk continuing with the snowflakes here

continue on
            Last edited by gwb72tii; 09-26-2017, 08:31 PM.
            “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
            Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                schnitzer, at a loss for words?

every time i try to spell your name its like i'm sneezing
                Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

and getting back to the OP

what does the DNC stand for?
                  single payer
                  trans bathrooms
                  impeaching trump

what else?

what a winning platform if you want to be mayor of Seattle.
                  Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

here's a suggestion

wtf - what a bunch of pansies. you lefties need to get beat up by life, actually earn what you have instead of expecting life to be fair. life beats the shit out of you then you die. hoe about earning minimum wage for a few years to learn a job skill, and then work 60 hours a week to get ahead, like some of us on this board have.

or join the military where they might drum discipline and a work ethic into brave's fat ass. that would be a sight for sore eyes. you could get a job as a commercial airline pilot brave for 7 years of service. earn 200k+ a year, about 10X what you make now, and be a better person for the service. just let us know what airline you work for so we can avoid it.

continue on
                    Huh, I didn't realize $200k per year was 10x, an order of magnitude, more than I make now.

Nor did I realize any airline pilot salaries even touching those came so soon.

As usual, you make up facts, assert the are right because "reasons," and continue the slow drift into dementia.
                    Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                    Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                    One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

here's a suggestion

continue on
                      Here's the problem that I see with your argument, there are plenty of liberal people (or lefty snowflakes as you see fit to call them) that have done exactly what you are describing. They've been through the ringer to make a living and establish themselves as proper citizens of the nation and they know firsthand how difficult the current system is. The desire to change the education system for higher education (college in particular) is pushed by many liberal people because they don't feel as though their children or future generations should have to go through the same hardships. This is the same as people of past generations fighting to change the conditions that they lived under in any regard, some examples, people fighting for voting rights, people fighting for equality, people fighting for an equal wage, all of these are examples of people attempting to not only better their lives, but the lives of the future generations.

By your argument, all African American people should be enslaved for a portion of their lives in order to go through the same pain and suffering that the generations before them felt. I know that's an extreme example, but it's the same kind of justification that you're using.

An example, I went to college and grad school so that I could be certified to work in the job that I have, it took me 8 years to do it and put me in a fantastic amount of debt. I've been paying that debt off for more than 10 years and continue to do so. I, however, don't wish this fate on my children simply because I went through it. I don't feel that makes me a pansy in any way.

And no pilot makes $200k out of the military or aviation school anymore. I have two friends that are pilots making $45k flying for regional airlines because it's impossible to break into the transcontinental fleets. Countless hours of training and certificates, and still nothing. Your examples simply aren't true to anyone but yourself.

Comment

continue on
                        why are you replying to his post and dropping my name? :rofl: you know nothing about me or my career you worthless shitheel

you run a business offering "financial advice" where you merely skim a percentage off everyone's investments lmao dont ever try to lecture anyone in here about work ethic

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
                          why are you replying to his post and dropping my name? :rofl: you know nothing about me or my career you worthless shitheel

you run a business offering "financial advice" where you merely skim a percentage off everyone's investments lmao dont ever try to lecture anyone in here about work ethic
                          i thought i would quote this one for posterity. i see you are using your big boy words again. can we get a twofer?

i know nothing about you either, but in all fairness, you have to admit-you kind of sound like a raging liberal enjoying the musky scent of hilary's poop chute on an hourly basis. (not that there is anything wrong with that) i believe gwb was simply trying to point out that there is more to life than welfare programs.
                          Last edited by flyboyx; 09-27-2017, 05:34 PM.
                          sigpic
                          Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                          92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                          88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                          88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                          87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                          12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

here's a suggestion

continue on
                            Well, the disconnect between what is implicitly or explicitly "promised" out of life in school/culture and real life is where we run in to issues. If we promise pie in the sky to your average suburbanite they'll get discouraged, or if we promise some kid in a crappy neighborhood that all you'll do is be in and out of prison there's a sense of bring resigned to your fate.

We really need to show kids that hard work pays, and that laziness will be punished. But we also need to read in to each individual motivation a bit and raise up those who can be helped while realistically acknowledging that some people cannot or will not make anything of themselves.

Being very poor with no safety net as an adult has been a great life lesson, and one I count myself lucky to have had. I won't say that I "pulled myself up by my own bootstraps," but I worked hard and got lucky a few times in a row. It would not be inconceivable to have someone in a similar position to mine to have ended up stuck in life long dead end job land with a few bad breaks.

It's not fair, and it sucks, but we have to remember that people sometimes need a helping hand. I try to apply that to the hiring decisions I get to make these days, and I try to fairly raise up the deserving.

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                              i thought i would quote this one for posterity. i see you are using your big boy words again. can we get a twofer?

i know nothing about you either, but in all fairness, you have to admit-you kind of sound like a raging liberal enjoying the musky scent of hilary's poop chute on an hourly basis. (not that there is anything wrong with that) i believe gwb was simply trying to point out that there is more to life than welfare programs.
                              Senile George can barely point out the nearest landmark.

>liberal safe spaces
                              >snowflakes
                              >gets offended by pretty boring insults

:thinking:
                              willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post

lets be really clear: gwb doesn't need you to defend or explain his bad posts. secondly, maybe it's time for you to add some content to this forum because you've yet to state an opinion or discuss anything other than other people's posts.

gwb's rant had nothing to do with my opinions on anything and was entirely unfounded and unnecessary personal attacks on me.

for the record for the 10th time, i did not vote for hillary and she was a very shitty candidate. i didn't vote for obama either.

Comment

Working...
                                X