Let’s talk about Antifa.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by decay View Post
    meanwhile children are being tear gassed at the southern border (would have been a war crime if i did that in iraq) and nobody here has a word to say about it so i guess it's just fucking dandy

you want to talk down to an anarchist about whether or not it's okay to employ violence? fix your own house first

people will spin their point of view to justify their actions even if they know
    it's bullshit they will do it just to do it.

someone can say how dare the parents put children into a situation like that.

or the government is actively targeting children

or it's only tear gas what else do you want them to do?

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
      people will spin their point of view to justify their actions even if they know
      it's bullshit they will do it just to do it.
      i'm not spinning anything, it's a simple question

does the state have a monopoly on violence?

if you think so, why?
      past:
      1989 325is (learner shitbox)
      1986 325e (turbo dorito)
      1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
      1985 323i baur
      current:
      1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

the way you word stuff. monopoly on violence.
        very poetic but what are you actually asking.

idk what happened at the border probably a crowd of people from who really knows where for sure
        rushed in a free for all style
        so yeah throw some tear gas in there.
        pretty sure that is the lowest of violence that can be used.
        real question. what do you suggest they do to keep these guys out when they rush the gates?
        and if you think they should just be let in, that's cool too, at least say it.

or they were just standing outside the wall singing lullubys to the children when
        the nazi like border patrol decided to gas them for no reason. better yet because trump ordered them to. Racist republicans ordered it.

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
          the way you word stuff. monopoly on violence.
          very poetic but what are you actually asking.
          i'm not sure what's unclear. those words make a sentence
          past:
          1986 325e (turbo dorito)
          1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
          1985 323i baur
          current:

Comment

i'm not sure what's unclear. those words make a sentence
            So here’s the hypocrisy many of us see with Antifa decay
            Where were you/they when the Obama boys tear gassed illegal alien wannabes at the border? Some 80 times?
            Where were the protests?
            “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
            Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
              So here’s the hypocrisy many of us see with Antifa decay
              Where were you/they when the Obama boys tear gassed illegal alien wannabes at the border? Some 80 times?
              Where were the protests?
              citation, please.

on obama's watch a border patrol agent shot and killed a kid who was throwing rocks because he "feared for his life"; that's the worst incident i know of.

let me rephrase my question:

doesn't the 2nd amendment exist because the founders agreed that the state *shouldn't* have a monopoly on violence?
              past:
              1986 325e (turbo dorito)
              1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
              1985 323i baur
              current:

Comment

citation, please.

on obama's watch a border patrol agent shot and killed a kid who was throwing rocks because he "feared for his life"; that's the worst incident i know of.

Comment

yeah, i was googling and read a newsweek article detailing similar.

new information to me, but not surprising. i was at occupy oakland when a former marine got a skull fracture from being hit in the head with a 40mm gas round.

i'm not quite sure why everyone thinks this is an "obama vs trump" question for me when i keep saying "the state", and that means whoever is in charge.

and still, none of you are willing to answer my question.
                  past:
                  1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                  1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                  1985 323i baur
                  current:

Comment

yeah, i was googling and read a newsweek article detailing similar.

new information to me, but not surprising. i was at occupy oakland when a former marine got a skull fracture from being hit in the head with a 40mm gas round.

i'm not quite sure why everyone thinks this is an "obama vs trump" question for me when i keep saying "the state", and that means whoever is in charge.

and still, none of you are willing to answer my question.
                    No, my point that you avoid is Antifa is not, in any way, a politically agnostic organization searching for truth.
                    “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                    Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
                      No, my point that you avoid is Antifa is not, in any way, a politically agnostic organization searching for truth.
                      you're partly right, but only in that it's not an "organization" at all; it's an ideology that is manifesting itself in a decentralized, cellular fashion. i'm only in touch with portland antifa because i have friends that i've known since my teenage years there. there is no "upper management".

and you still haven't answered my question.
                      past:
                      1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                      1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                      1985 323i baur
                      current:

Comment

doesn't the 2nd amendment exist because the founders agreed that the state *shouldn't* have a monopoly on violence?
                        "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

The "spirit" of the 2nd amendment is that US citizens can be armed to protect themselves from a tyrannical government. And of course there is much debate upon the scope of the Amendment and whether it's meant to guarantee an individual right to own weapons, or if it's meant to prevent Congress from legislating away an individual state's right to defense against the Feds.

So I'm not sure what parallel you are trying to draw between "the state" using violence to prevent people from entering the country illegally and US Citizens protecting themselves from a tyrannical government.
                        Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                        Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                        One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                          So I'm not sure what parallel you are trying to draw between "the state" using violence to prevent people from entering the country
                          that's probably because you're misinformed and making assertions based on a false premise.

these people are seeking asylum.

ya see how "arrive in the US" is step one?

so we can just throw your assumption of "illegally" right out the window. i've edited your sentence to reflect that.

but back to my original point. i was using the term "the state" to simplify the phrasing of the question because i thought breaking it down barney-style might help you in particular. substitute "government actors" if you like, and then *answer the fucking question*:

US Citizens protecting themselves from a tyrannical government
                          why does antifa not deserve that same right? because that's what we're doing, excepting that we give enough of a shit that we want to protect others as well.
                          past:
                          1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                          1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                          1985 323i baur
                          current:

Comment

You're right you win.

Now go paint your nails.
                            Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                            Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                            One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

that's probably because you're misinformed and making assertions based on a false premise.

these people are seeking asylum.

ya see how "arrive in the US" is step one?

so we can just throw your assumption of "illegally" right out the window. i've edited your sentence to reflect that.

but back to my original point. i was using the term "the state" to simplify the phrasing of the question because i thought breaking it down barney-style might help you in particular. substitute "government actors" if you like, and then *answer the fucking question*:

why does antifa not deserve that same right? because that's what we're doing, excepting that we give enough of a shit that we want to protect others as well.
                              Your interpretation of the phrase "in the US" is so wide that it justifies anyone using any means to gain entry, which is ridiculous.

The government has the right and means to regulate how people enter the country and apply for asylum legally.

Further, POTUS has the authority to prohibit these people from entering, period.

and to answer your question, if i understand your thrust, no, there is no right for you to use violence against other citizens and people as defined in the 2nd amendment.
                              Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                                You're right you win.

Now go paint your nails.
                                bitch, you think i do it myself? hell no.

$29 gets you acrylics, a mango exfoliant scrub up to the elbows by a hot vietnamese chick, and an hour in a massage chair. wine is extra but i'm not a wine guy so i just go get a beer at the brewery next door afterwards.

it's called self-care. maybe if you tried it you wouldn't be such a miserable little shithead.
                                past:
                                1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                                1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                                1985 323i baur
                                current:

Comment

Working...
                                X