Democratic Primary Season 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
    Common sense would dictate not to be drawing undue attention to ones self while out and about in a "hick town" by blathering about in foreign dialect that has particular stigma attached to it.
    well, there's r3v's racist sentence of the day

by the way, spanish is a language, not a dialect, so you should stop trying to sound smart while you're being racist until you learn what words mean
    past:
    1989 325is (learner shitbox)
    1986 325e (turbo dorito)
    1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
    1985 323i baur
    current:
    1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Spanish is a Nationality/Language not a race, "Mexican" is a Nationality Not a race, Latino is also not a race, its reference to geographical origin, unless you want to toss "white of Hispanic decent in the mix" you have no case here

The Mexican/North/Central/South American variant(s) of the Spanish language are "Dialects" there mr smart guy.......

Good trys though, Come on you are smarter than this....

Lastly, after doing some reading on this, in the CFR's, CBP has broad powers to question anyone they want for any reason they want with in an official capacity with in 100 miles of a boarder, this does not mean you have to comply or answer those questions. Havre is about 30 miles south of the Canadian boarder. Again I agree is was a BS reach to justify the interaction though it seems CBP officer was with in his scope of authority to go fishing, and his choices will likely have consequences as well. These women could also have chosen to walk away or not interact with the officer and there was nothing he could have done about it, and if he were to have then detained them they would have a case this case, but they also chose to continue the interaction beyond politely saying hello.

8 CFR 287.8.b.1 Interrogation is questioning designed to elicit specific information. An immigration officer, like any other person, has the right to ask questions of anyone as long as the immigration officer does not restrain the freedom of an individual, not under arrest, to walk away.

8 CFR 287.1.a.2(2)Reasonable distance. The term reasonable distance, as used in section 287(a) (3) of the Act, means within 100 air miles from any external boundary of the United States or any shorter distance which may be fixed by the chief patrol agent for CBP, or the special agent in charge for ICE, or, so far as the power to board and search aircraft is concerned any distance fixed pursuant to paragraph (b) of this section

Last edited by mrsleeve; 03-03-2019, 03:56 PM.
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

No ones arguing the legality of it. What's being said is questioning someone for potentially illegal behavior because they're speaking Spanish while buying groceries is fucking dumb, as is implying its behavior which warrants suspicion (which you've done).

Comment

No I am fairly sure I am on the record with you that it was stupid and out of line... But not illegal or even out of the scope of CBP official duties it seems. So I will say again with greater scope, sometimes because you can does not mean you should, there is a lot of that going on, on both sides of this, if you fail to see that point here, then mayhaps polite society is doomed.
          Last edited by mrsleeve; 03-03-2019, 04:54 PM.
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

No one is confused by what you're saying here, it's not exactly an overly complex approach you've decided to take.

Not saying its right, but given their location, ( have you ever been to a very small town in the middle of the high plains that was not a protest camp) could the 2 girls have exercised better judgment to not attract unwanted attention? You know personal responsibility for ones own actions, and just because you can (legally) does not always mean its a good idea to do something and there wont be issues that stem from it right or wrong.
            I am saying sometimes some common sense is needed on the part of people in general
            You've very plainly suggested that speaking Spanish was a poor decision on their part, and they should have reconsidered using their language if they want to avoid problems. Problems should not arise from the use of a very common language, this was nothing more than some fuckin redneck with a badge rednecking. You're not convincing anyone here by carrying on justifying yourself, you're only hardening our opinions of you.

Comment

So much for talking about Dem Primary contenders... :/

ugh.
              1990 BMW 325iC Triple Black Hard Top, Self-Wrenched, Original Owner Family

Comment

All was on topic until Cale, Decay, and Sleeve started mumbling about some Spanish and a cop...That's about where everyone else disappeared.

Comment

William Pitt-

Comment

Spanish is a Nationality/Language not a race
                    uh, that's what i said. it's a language. not a dialect, which is what you said when you were trying to sound like someone whose family tree isn't missing branches

you have no case here
                    so you parrot back the same thing i said to me and then call me wrong?

i'm not even reading the rest of your wharrgarrbl today, you're fucking delusional
                    Last edited by decay; 03-04-2019, 03:43 AM.
                    past:
                    1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                    1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                    1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                    1985 323i baur
                    current:
                    1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

When you live in such a small, isolated area, you think speaking Spanish is something people shouldn't do, because "common sense."

I don't even know how to respond to this.

And I thought I was the hilljack for living in Oklahoma. JFC
                      Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                      Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                      One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by phillipj View Post
                        So much for talking about Dem Primary contenders... :/

ugh.
                        Interesting article, I need to read more about his specific accomplishments in Colorado, but I like what I read. He seems like the kind of guy I could vote for. I especially liked his quote at the end of the article, about being able to change his mind when new information is presented.

However, I'm not Trump fan in any way, shape, or form. He didn't inherit Billions (like the article states that he inherited all of his wealth, I think everyone in here knows I'm not a fan of hyperbole or speculation). Did he get a massive loan from his father to start with, yes. Did he take a few million and use branding and understanding of how to take advantage of tax laws to become a Billionaire? Also yes.
                        Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                        Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                        One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                          Interesting article, I need to read more about his specific accomplishments in Colorado, but I like what I read. He seems like the kind of guy I could vote for. I especially liked his quote at the end of the article, about being able to change his mind when new information is presented.

However, I'm not Trump fan in any way, shape, or form. He didn't inherit Billions (like the article states that he inherited all of his wealth, I think everyone in here knows I'm not a fan of hyperbole or speculation). Did he get a massive loan from his father to start with, yes. Did he take a few million and use branding and understanding of how to take advantage of tax laws to become a Billionaire? Also yes.
                          ~$140M in today's $.
                          Largely never repaid.
                          Certainly a 'loan' we would all like to have! Good for him though.

But hey, we have another thread for that whiny lying con man. I just wanna know: Do we get sold a Monorail after 'Space Force' goes through?
                          1990 BMW 325iC Triple Black Hard Top, Self-Wrenched, Original Owner Family

Comment

John Hickenlooper-Former Governor of Colorado and Mayor of Denver, officially in the race

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post

Helps when you have a habit of not paying/repaying for anything too, easy to stay in the black that way.

There would be less annoying hyperbole if he would just release his returns and we could all see how wealthy the guy really is, I kinda think its only maybe half as much as he claims.

Back on topic it really seems like Bernie is gonna give it his all again, already drawing some big crowds, I worry about his age but he definitely seems higher energy then most 77 year olds.

Im interested to see what Inslee runs on and how he does in debates, I'm not really a fan of him but hes from Washington so Ill pay attention to him.
                              1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                              willschnitz

Comment

Over the last couple of days both Hillary Clinton and Michael Bloomberg have made official statements that they will not run for president in 2020.

Not surprised by Clinton as her time has passed and I think she realized that she has too many negatives to get her the nomination.

Bloomberg flirted with the idea for a while, but he ultimately decided that he'd rather be a private citizen (his words in his announcement). I think he realized that he couldn't pull the type of star power that some of the others that are in the race have. He's obviously well-known, but he has flip-flopped parties and in general is not as outspoken as some of the others running.

With the exception of Biden, who will mostly likely join the race at some point, it's starting to look like the field is rounding out.

Comment

Working...
                                X