No announcement yet.

US to go to war with Iran?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^ I don't think it worked out so well for him, but here is some back up on that idea:

Trump admits he was "under pressure to strike Iran from GOP senators he views as important supporters in his coming impeachment trial in the Senate":
    Wall Street Journal - Trump’s New National Security Team Made Fast Work of Iran Strike
    Click image for larger version

Name:	EN7kW7wWkAMUafB.png
Views:	125
Size:	139.8 KB
ID:	9898069

1990 BMW 325iC Triple Black Hard Top, Self-Wrenched, Original Owner Family

Comment

^^ I honestly don't think it's that clear cut. While it is very consistent for this President to bring the country to the potential brink of War due to his own personal political gain, the fact is that it is even more consistent for this President to just be doing what he has always done: the bidding of Saudi Arabia and the war-hawks he's surrounded himself with in our government. This isn't much different than George W. Bush in 2001.

Soleimani was in Iraq to discuss de-escalation with Saudi Arabia re: their war in Yemen, this is what the Iraqi Prime Minister stands by. That very same night the US tried to assassinate another Iranian General in Yemen and missed, killing the wrong guy.

This was not about "Imminent Threats" (there wasn't one) or Impeachment (he doesn't need to convince more Republicans or distract the country, he already has the votes to escape conviction) -- it's about the US doing the dirty work for vested interests. The Saudis, as well as Israel, the UAE and the right-wing war hawks and think-tanks, would very much love the US to provoke Iran into an all out war in order to benefit themselves. They do not want de-escalation, they want war and a reason to annihilate Iran.

Comment

My post above was pretty on the nose. This is that same day:

Originally posted by President of the United States Donald Trump
        We are sending more troops to Saudi Arabia. And Saudi Arabia is paying us for it. We are doing something that no one has ever done. We have a very good relationship with Saudi Arabia—I said, listen, you’re a very rich country. You want more troops? I’m going to send them to you, but you’ve got to pay us. They’re paying us. They’ve already deposited $1B in the bank.
        Watch him brag here with your own eyes, and ears.

Fuck this guy. The America I want is not the one who sells its troops and/or military actions to the likes of Saudi Arabia, or any one else for that matter. Our military is for keeping our own peace and prosperity and that should be based on principles and morals not fucking who has the money.

Comment

Working...
        X