Mock Caucus results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mock Caucus results

Some very interesting mock caucus results from a college in Iowa. Bernie supporters are a very stubborn breed. I just hope this doesn't mean that they'll be so stubborn as a group that they'll refuse to support whomever the nominee is if by chance it is once again not Sanders.

Bernie Sanders supporters left a mock caucus at Iowa's Drake University in protest after Elizabeth Warren won and Sanders failed to meet the event's "viability threshold."
    "I think we consider too much the good luck of the early bird and not enough the bad luck of the early worm."
    -Franklin D. Roosevelt

^^ The story in your post reminds me of a diet version of what was going on in 2016 - slanted or false stories from third hand news sources on facebook; the Fake chair throwing thing in Nevada comes to mind (linked below).

I'm more worried about if Bernie could win (!!!) that the Establishment Characters - Hillaries, Rahm Emmanuels, Barack, Steney Hoyer, Chuck Schumer... all come together and try to overthrow his winning campaign. We should probably be more worried about that. They do not like him politically as he's not a true Democrat.

I'm assuming you are a Warren backer(?) I hope Bernie and Warren can combine somehow to get past the establishment, regardless of who has more votes at the end. Let's leave the Clintons and the Schumers and the Pelosis and even the Bidens in the rear-view mirror for good. I'm not so sure she's on board though! I was super super disappointed in that last ditch stunt before the debate. Now I'm not sure I trust Warren.
    A Las Vegas reporter's second-hand claim Bernie Sanders supporters threw chairs at a Nevada convention was widely reproduced by other news outlets.
    Last edited by phillipj; 01-30-2020, 03:31 PM. Reason: edit: "they do not like him politically as he's not a true Democrat"
    1990 BMW 325iC Triple Black Hard Top, Self-Wrenched, Original Owner Family

Comment

Originally posted by phillipj View Post
      I'm more worried about if (super longshot) Bernie could win (!!!) that the Establishment Characters - Hillaries, Rahm Emmanuels, Barack, Steney Hoyer, Chuck Schumer... all come to and try to overthrow his winning campaign. We should to be worried about that. They do not like him.
      They already did it in 2016. I suspect they will watch the polls and determine:

A: He's a crack pot that isn't going to win, so we aren't supporting him so we don't take the hit by proxy.
      B: They think he can actually beat Trump and support him.

I know we disagree, but I suspect the best chance the Dems have to get the Cheetoh out of the Oval Office is a Biden/Warren ticket.
      Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
      Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
      One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

^^ Hey, I sure don't know the answer. I'm going to see how the first few primaries go, assess then. I really hate how all our news is about 'the horserace' and not on real issues.

I would really like to see our terrible foreign policy change -- I don't see any of the candidates 100% serious about that besides Sanders. Domestically I don't see much changing regardless of who is elected unless somehow campaign finance is dealt with first.

Z31- Do you see Biden/Warren as most electable only because it sort of combines both wings of the party? I get that, but just think Biden is a fantastically weak candidate; shadiness in his record (although nowhere near Trump), he's sunsetting hard and has a hard time making much sense fielding questions in public, and is polling strong based merely on name recognition as Obama's VP. It's like the perfect set up for major disappointment no matter who his running mate might be!

'Middle-Class' Joe Biden has a Corruption Problem - The Guardian 01/20/20:
        https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...n-donald-trump
        Last edited by phillipj; 01-30-2020, 03:44 PM.
        1990 BMW 325iC Triple Black Hard Top, Self-Wrenched, Original Owner Family

Comment

Basically, regarding trying to grab both sides of the party.

I agree he is SUPER weak. And Warren isn't exactly the bastion of truth telling herself. The R's will block more witnesses, Orange Man will be acquitted, and there will be enough time for everyone to forget about it before the debates.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Working...
            X