Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

my art... painting, designer vinyl, design, ect.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my art... painting, designer vinyl, design, ect.

thought id show a bit of what i do when im not doing the car thing.

heres some of my paintings -

this is a new direction im experimenting in...
    im basically building semi 3D cut-to-shape objects out of PVC then painting them -

heres a few examples of my custom designer vinyl...
    i also run my own designer vinyl toy company called "MUTT" on the side.

heres some of my product designs-

www.tylercoey.com - www.donewhenimdead.com

E36/8 ///M coupe - E36 ///M3 sedan - E30 ///M powered

Some very cool stuff there. Do you sell it?

Unfortunately, there are several extremely popular artists/companies making figures along the same lines. Must be hard to compete (if you are actually trying to make a living).

Comment

Awesome work man

Comment

Originally posted by structured View Post
        Some very cool stuff there. Do you sell it?

Unfortunately, there are several extremely popular artists/companies making figures along the same lines. Must be hard to compete (if you are actually trying to make a living).
        compete, no... im very much involved in the designer vinyl toy community and know many of the artists involved as well... its not what pays all the bills though.

professionally im an illustrator/toy designer for a childrens marketing agency...
        we design all the kids meal toys for several major fast food chains and do all the activity books and crayons for fine dining restaurants.

the mutt company was never set out to be a kidrobot-esque designer vinyl company... its a passion project to create truly art inspired products by the artists themselves. i work closely with the artists i colab with on products to ensure their visions are realized, and a very cool side effect of that is that i get to meet some of the most awesome people out there in the scene right now.
        as far as selling all the mutt stuff can be found here -

theres some exciting stuff coming soon from mutt featuring the art of jeremy "MAD" madl and matthew ryan sharp on some new platforms, so keep an eye out for that!
        as far as my personal work art, i throw that stuff up for sale here -
        tyleR.bigcartel.com

Comment

...good stuff, man!
          sigpic

Comment

shits so hard

Tyler Coey, an e30 enthusiast for the win.

also, WTB
            ( f ; _ ; )f

Comment

Alot of your work looks graffiti inspired. I like it!

Comment

I envy the illustrating skills.

SC*AR (Schwarz Army)
                No longer stock ride height, rolling as low as a daily driver in New England should without worrying about breaking an oil pan. :up:

Comment

thanks for the feedback guys!

@freshwagon - that installation will be in a show this month, if it doesn't sell at the gallery i will letchu know if you're interested.

Comment

Very nice and ballzy ;-) I love it.
                    Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Originally posted by tyleRcoey View Post
                      compete, no... im very much involved in the designer vinyl toy community and know many of the artists involved as well... its not what pays all the bills though.

professionally im an illustrator/toy designer for a childrens marketing agency...
                      we design all the kids meal toys for several major fast food chains and do all the activity books and crayons for fine dining restaurants.

the mutt company was never set out to be a kidrobot-esque designer vinyl company... its a passion project to create truly art inspired products by the artists themselves. i work closely with the artists i colab with on products to ensure their visions are realized, and a very cool side effect of that is that i get to meet some of the most awesome people out there in the scene right now.
                      as far as selling all the mutt stuff can be found here -
                      www.MUTTtoy.com
                      theres some exciting stuff coming soon from mutt featuring the art of jeremy "MAD" madl and matthew ryan sharp on some new platforms, so keep an eye out for that!
                      as far as my personal work art, i throw that stuff up for sale here -
                      tyleR.bigcartel.com
                      Compete was probably the wrong word. Anyway, do what you love (especially if you are good at it, which you are).

I especially like the one with the rat (purple background). If I were the type to spend my disposable income on art, I'd probably pick that one up.

Comment

Wow, you got some real talent bro. I love your stuff! :D
                        Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Wow, you are the most talented artist on this board. Get to work and start cleaning up some of the god awful sigs. ;)

Did you go to school?

Comment

Crazy talent good stuff man.
                            www.CASTROMOTORSPORT.com

Castro Motorsport
                            12600 Sherman Way, Unit C
                            North Hollywood, CA 91605
                            818-765-3606

Follow Castro's on Facebook:
                            http://www.facebook.com/pages/Castro...02411516506828

Follow Castro's on Instagram:
                            http://instagram.com/castromotorsport#

sigpic

Comment

SO good.

Totally inspiring!

Comment

Working...
                              X