Mtech 2 body with black "trim" line

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • reelizmpro
    replied
    Seen pics before...not a fan of emulating trim that's not there with black paint, especially 3" thick trim on the sides of the car. The lines would have to be perfectly uniform and straight as well otherwise it would really look terrible. Mind as well go with regular plastic bumpers and aftermarket skirts without pods if that's the case. Regular bumpers, front M tech cover, aftermarket m tech apron and skirts without pods has been done and looks pretty good. There was a car like this at Socal vintage. Maybe a CAtuned car?

    Leave a comment:


  • Boltspeedman
    replied
    Originally posted by bradnic
    Crusher's kit is part of his car.. it's a "real" MT2.
    Oh ok copy, misinterpreted what he was referring to. Thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • bradnic
    replied
    Crusher's kit is part of his car.. it's a "real" MT2.

    Leave a comment:


  • Boltspeedman
    replied
    Originally posted by CrusherCurtis
    OMG I thought about doing the same thing to mine before I got it. I too thought the kit kinda ruined the old school look of moldings. However when mine finally arrived I forgot all about it. I'm tossing around the idea of selling mine and building an mtech1. Maybe you should consider the same if you have an early model.
    I have a late model 318is. Maybe give me a quote if your considering selling your kit?

    Haha Yea electrical tape would do it. But what I'm after is what the car would look like with an Mtech 2 and the black line, pretty much side shots or photoshop pics of the car above. But maybe I'll just go the mtech 2 route and do it myself and post pics.

    Leave a comment:


  • airkhin
    replied
    Originally posted by Holland
    Use electrical tape? Vlad did it...
    hahahaha


    yep, if you want to do it temporarily just to see how it'll look either can do elect tape or do plastidip even?

    Leave a comment:


  • Holland
    replied
    Use electrical tape? Vlad did it...

    Leave a comment:


  • CrusherCurtis
    replied
    OMG I thought about doing the same thing to mine before I got it. I too thought the kit kinda ruined the old school look of moldings. However when mine finally arrived I forgot all about it. I'm tossing around the idea of selling mine and building an mtech1. Maybe you should consider the same if you have an early model.

    Leave a comment:


  • Boltspeedman
    started a topic Mtech 2 body with black "trim" line

    Mtech 2 body with black "trim" line

    I have been interested in going the complete mtech 2 body route, but haven't because although they look great on some colors I like my black trim lines, and I feel that no black lines would look too new school for my alpine white. Anyways I was tossing around the Idea of running a mtech 2 valence with stock bumpers and IS skirts to keep the black trim line. But then I came across this picture!

    I don't know whose car this is, but I think it looks great. Precisely because of that black line. Does anybody have any more pics of this car, or any pics of any mtech2 bodies that kept the black "trim" look? Maybe someone with photoshop skills could help me out. Thanks
    Attached Files
Working...