Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Making of a Legend: The M3

Awesome little video!

There really is no replacement for the E30 M3!

1991 318is - Daily/weekend track car.

An on-ramp is a terrible thing to waste...

Nice short video. I think that's Marc Norris from Bavarian Werkshop if I'm not mistaken.
    "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
    88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
    91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

"There really is no replacement for the E30 M3!"
      yup thats why i have two.......
      Angus
      88 E30M3 X2
      89 325IX
      92 R100GS/PD
      :)

Comment

^^ Super jealous...lol.

One day, I will own one!

Comment

spd I'm moving to covington/kent/black diamond area by horse shoe lake we will have to meet someday! cool video the e30 m3 is getting mad recondition this year!!!!!owning one I already new how special it is .You have to own it a while you might jump in it on your first ride and be used to gobs horse power modern cars.Than something happens you find your self in love and can never move on!!!
          Last edited by carfantiti; 06-09-2013, 12:45 PM.

Comment

my poor man's m3 will have to make due for now until I get the rich man's m3

Comment

Nice little video
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by carfantiti View Post
                You have to own it a while you might jump in it on your first ride and be used to gobs horse power modern cars. Than something happens you find your self in love and can never move on!!!
                This goes with just about any E30, M or not! I love my 318is to death. I have friends with much newer and much more powerful cars. They have all had the same reaction after driving my car: "Wow....this thing is so much fun to drive!"

There is something about the E30 chassis, something others who haven't had the joy of driving one, will never understand!

Comment

Originally posted by carfantiti View Post
                  spd I'm moving to covington/kent/black diamond area by horse shoe lake we will have to meet someday! cool video the e30 m3 is getting mad recondition this year!!!!!owning one I already new how special it is .You have to own it a while you might jump in it on your first ride and be used to gobs horse power modern cars.Than something happens you find your self in love and can never move on!!!
                  carfantiti, my sister lives in covington and i love the Black Diamond area (especially the fresh bread at the black diamond bakery and the local mtn biking area). will you be here in time for the E30 picnic as i will be there with at least one of my collection? and yes its crazy the appreciation the M3 is getting everywhere driving the prices up which is fine by me....
                  Angus
                  88 E30M3 X2
                  89 325IX
                  92 R100GS/PD

Comment

BTW just googled the lake and your in a really nice area close to some really cool parks , roads and close to Pacific Raceway (the local track). depending on where you get a job the commutes might suck but worth the price of living out in that area
                    Angus
                    88 E30M3 X2
                    89 325IX
                    92 R100GS/PD

Comment

Great video!

Lol so much hate on the e36 m3
                      HIT A LIL' NIGGA WITH A FREEZE POP

Originally posted by MÄDDNESSS
                      i punched my boss last tuesday. so he fired me... waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles.

Comment

Originally posted by ninety4e36 View Post
                        Great video!

Lol so much hate on the e36 m3
                        Since day one the E36 M3 has been criticized mostly by BMW CCA members! The car was very successful in getting the brand out there though. Lots of JDM guys flocked to the E36 M3 and I don't think they ever left BMW.
                        "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                          Since day one the E36 M3 has been criticized mostly by BMW CCA members! The car was very successful in getting the brand out there though. Lots of JDM guys flocked to the E36 M3 and I don't think they ever left BMW.
                          Damn stance tards
                          HIT A LIL' NIGGA WITH A FREEZE POP

Originally posted by MÄDDNESSS
                          i punched my boss last tuesday. so he fired me... waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles.

Comment

You have to stop and think, the E30 M3 was designed by the Motorsports division and it ruled the roost for a long time. The E36 however was not designed by the motorsports division (as far as I know) and was never that successful in racing outside of local club racing. Its a lesser car wearing a greater cars name, as all the variations following the E30 are. Sure, they might be faster, but not a one of them is the most winning chassis in BMW racing history. They are all grocery getters with a winning name plate applied, the problem being, they were never designed to nor have they won squat. ( That said, I think someone did win the BTCC in an E36 at one point) They are all mass produced and, well, boring. You know its not that special of a car when you can pick up an E36 m3 for about $5k, and an e46 for about $13K, whereas a solid e30 is now $25K+ and seem to be better quality cars overall.

I'd consider an E36 M3 as a beater car, but I'd never drive the thing since I'd have the E30 to drive instead. The e30 m3 (and e30s in general) are better thought out drivers cars then any of the following 3 series cars. The visibility out of the car being the biggest part of it. The rest being the simple no thrills interior with everything laid out where it should be for the driver to access with little distraction from driving. They also didn't try to fully isolate the driver from the car. You can still feel (to a limited degree) what an e30 is doing as you drive it. The later cars were more about isolation from the road, the noise of the engine, exhaust ect.

Being someone who truly enjoys driving for the challenge of driving, if I can't hear or feel what a car is doing, I really don't want to drive it. The same with operating the controls inside. If I can't reach for the heater, or a/c button or window switch without taking my eyes off the road, I have no interest in driving the car. These days, with everything being touch screen and what not, you have to look and see what you are doing, and if you are looking at the a/c panel trying to turn it on, or off, up or down, you aren't paying attention to the road. Modern cars are an exercise in driver distraction, exactly what you don't want while driving a car.

Will
                            '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
                            '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
                            '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
                            '88 BMW M3

Comment

We thought it would look something like this...

So you can imagine the disappointment, especially when we found out about the engine. Oh well, still a great car and still a BMW.

Comment

Working...
                              X