Easy Wheels PS please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mastrcruse
    Do you think I could get these in black with polished lips...or atleast have someone do it for me? Price if anyone has a clue? Sorry for the rebirth of an old ass thread..tax return is going to be good so I need to get some wheels.

If you are speaking of the CR7's that I P shopped in . Well yes and no on the Black with polished lips. They offer the CR7's in something known as "shadow" and the picture is attached. NOT a dark black or anything , but they would look very good on the E30 vert. More $ than the silvers.

If they really have to be Black with polished then any reputable body shop could mask the lips that are already polished and then spray them black and then pull the mask and clear coat the entire wheel . Or they could spray the entire wheel and before the paint dried back off just the lip part by using a rag to remove paint from that region. They could be powder coated as well for the best and most resillient finish.

http://www.tunershop.de/felgen/image...-shadow-gr.jpg

Check out www.tunershop.com for some good wheel choices. Work with Steve Smith at Tunershop and he will hook you up.

Good luck
    Attached Files

Comment

I would really like those wheels but I really want them black so I might be able to do what you suggested. Can basically any shop with paint capabilities paint the wheels?

I also found these wheels at the bottom...black with polished. I don't really understand about the custom things he talks about in his add if anyone could clearify....and would those directly fit my car or would I have to get spacers and other things? Also anyone hear of those rims and their quality? And how hard would it be to make them 16x8's or 9's, or would that not be necessary?

Thanks again

Comment

I dont follow ? which wheels and what AD?

Comment

Sorry, looked at tunershop, found the chrome CR7's, I could just have the center painted, that might be an option if the people painting them maskes them off good enough

Comment

sorry.....at the bottom

Comment

Those wheels on VW Vortex are not a direct bolt on to the E30 bolt pattern. You need 4 x100 which means 4 holes with 100 mm between the holes. Get it?

The holes in the VW Vortex wheels are not 4 x 100 so that the person selling them suggests one spend an extra 300 dollars for custom adapters. Thats a waste of cash in my opinion. Thats the price of one wheel.
              Any paint shop that is expereinced can mask them well and spray them for a price. Take the picture in of the wheel you decide upon to the body shops and get estimates on what you want done.

Comment

Okay thanks, I knew that we needed 4x100 and these are in the 4x100 groups thread thats why I was confused. Yea that is stupid that he put them in that group...ooo..well shit happens. Thanks for your help I apprecaite it

Comment

He put them there to try and coax people to buy them at an inflated price and then have to pop for custom wheel adapter/spacers... Screw that!
                  Get some wheels that you like and are appropriate sized and have them painted or powdercoated . Dont "shoehorn" wheels onto your E30 as you will regret it and who wants to drop big $ just to end up with regret?

Let us all know what you go with... Post in Members Rides when the new wheels are mounted and pristine! Good luck

Comment

Thanks, I think I am probably going with the CR7's in 16x9 chrome and then get the centers painted black, it just takes me a long time to know what I want and justify paying a lot of money for so yea I don't want to do any of that shit, I just want them to fit good....thanks for all the help

Comment

Also, take a look at these http://wp1016621.wp027.webpack.hoste.../f01447/04.jpg

Comment

I like those too..hopefully its just the camera makiing them kinda look purple. Do you know who makes those or where I can get some?

Comment

Working...
                        X