Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modern 2002 Sketch

Hey everyone,
    Someday I'd love to be a car designer, so I'm working hard at it right now. I just turned 16, so I have a ways to go, so feel free to critisize it (try not to be too mean :) ). My scanner absolutely sucks... this looks 100x better in person, and the color looks like real Inca Orange in person. I tried to make it a little "Bangleized" so it would fit in with the current BMW lineup, but be a little more conservative about it, and bring back the sharknose. I am happy with the result, but dissapointed in how it looks on the computer. Let me know what you think.

Bonus!

Here's an Alfa Romeo I did a while ago in photoshop...

I have no real bitches or excuses about the Alfa. That's about the best I can [currently] do.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks!
    -Kevin
    Last edited by KevRC4130; 03-18-2006, 05:22 PM.

Cool work, keep it up!

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

If youre only 16 and doing this. byt the time youre 21 if you do this all the time, youll be pretty fucking decent. I remember when I was 13-17, all I did was.....uhhh......artwork, if you can call it that. I got better exponentially to the point where something I did a few months before was absolute rubbish in my eyes. Keep it up man. Drawing is one of those things that no matter how much you get taught, the people who are born with it go farther than the people that arent. No matter how much money or education you throw at it. Take it from a washed up artist, lol.

Mariano

2001 Titaniumsilber 540i Sport 6-Speed
      1990 Diamantschwarz Alpha-N 2.5L ///M3
      1986 Alpinweiss 325e M50B25 (R.I.P.)

-Talk to me when more sound comes from the induction than from the exhaust...

-Argentina........lo mas grande que hay.

Comment

The '02 looks quite long, buit i think i can catch the flow of it. On the other hand, the alpha looks absolutely bas ass. Now lets see an e30.

"Having won more road races than any other model in history, the E30 M3 is considered by many to be the world's most successful road race car." - Simply put, E30s kick ass.

Comment

I dig your Alfa design. I'm not sure about the BMW though ;).

Keep it up!
          1988 M3
          2005 330ci

Comment

Originally posted by KevRC4130
            Hey everyone,
            Someday I'd love to be a car designer, so I'm working hard at it right now. I just turned 16, so I have a ways to go, so feel free to critisize it (try not to be too mean :) ). My scanner absolutely sucks... this looks 100x better in person, and the color looks like real Inca Orange in person. I tried to make it a little "Bangleized" so it would fit in with the current BMW lineup, but be a little more conservative about it, and bring back the sharknose. I am happy with the result, but dissapointed in how it looks on the computer. Let me know what you think.

Bonus!

Here's an Alfa Romeo I did a while ago in photoshop...

I have no real bitches or excuses about the Alfa. That's about the best I can [currently] do.

Let me know.

Thanks!

-Kevin
            I think its a great concept!

Now do the same picture over again. That is a how you progress a specific drawing. Consider it platform building (thats what the Germans do). And I guarantee around the 4th or 5th generation you will have something worthy.

Keep it up man! Practice, practice, practice.

Comment

Originally posted by motorprestige
              The '02 looks quite long, buit i think i can catch the flow of it. On the other hand, the alpha looks absolutely bas ass. Now lets see an e30.

Hahaha, I know, it looks fucking stupidly long. I don't know what happened with the scan, because in real life it doesn't look like that at all.

Thanks for the compliments and crits everyone, keep them coming! :)

Comment

add some rubber, those are some crazy low profiles lol...other than that, do what Misterlance says. Good start ;)
                E30 325i 1990 (Winter beater)
                E36 M3/4/5 1997 (Futur IP car?)
                BMW Club of Quebec

Comment

looks good... if you havent already check out cardesignnews.com - they have great tutorials. love the coloring and the perspective. makes me want to sketch cars again!

Comment

Originally posted by crucial325
                    looks good... if you havent already check out cardesignnews.com - they have great tutorials. love the coloring and the perspective. makes me want to sketch cars again!
                    Yeah, I check out CDN from time to time, but their forum can be pretty bogus. Most of the people are either REALLY good (who overanalyze every last detail and can't say a nice thing), or really suck (who say "WOW THAT's AWESOME" when there are many flaws), there's not much room for middle ground (where I'd say I fall). Thanks for the tip/comments though! :)

Comment

Originally posted by silverblades181
                      add some rubber, those are some crazy low profiles lol...other than that, do what Misterlance says. Good start ;)
                      Real pimps just paint the edges of their rims black. Someone hasn't been watching enough MTV ;)

Comment

another site worth checking out is SMCars.net, for 3d models and blueprints of cars. heres a killer M3:

had to steal the pics to make a background for my laptop

Comment

That is sick! Do you know what program he modeled that in?

"One of my top five favorite, like, cool...nerd cars"

'89 325i-sold
                          '98 528i

Comment

i cant tell, probably either 3d studio max or maya

Comment

Kevin! That is amazing talent you have there - and at your age, you're going to just get even better.

I'd love a sketch of my vert...hit my PM boy ;) I owe you some statistics too!

Comment

Working...
                              X