Modern 2002 Sketch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bimmerfanatik
    Kevin! That is amazing talent you have there - and at your age, you're going to just get even better.

I'd love a sketch of my vert...hit my PM boy ;) I owe you some statistics too!
    Again, my scanner sucks, but this one looks pretty true to the original (but still not quite as good :()

Hope you like it!

Comment

kinda blocky..... but it's good ;)
      sigpic

Comment

I like the way your refelction of light is coming along. Especially on the hood. One day when youre ready you should attack the E30 ///M3. More opportunity to play with the reflection of light and such off the beautifully bulged fenders. Can you tell Im biased? ;) (look at sig for inspiration *shameless plug*)

Mariano

2001 Titaniumsilber 540i Sport 6-Speed
        1990 Diamantschwarz Alpha-N 2.5L ///M3
        1986 Alpinweiss 325e M50B25 (R.I.P.)

-Talk to me when more sound comes from the induction than from the exhaust...

-Argentina........lo mas grande que hay.

Comment

Originally posted by PУCCKAЯ_e30
          kinda blocky..... but it's good ;)

Haha, yeah. With that kind of odd perspective, I probably put a little too much dependence on rulers. Oh well, it was early in the morning :)

I'm not really into actually drawing cars that already exist, more designing ones for the future. This one was on special request. :)

Comment

Originally posted by KevRC4130
            special request. :)
            Originally posted by CleanAzzE30z
            you should attack the E30 ///M3.
            :(.

;) Its cool.

Mariano

Comment

Originally posted by CleanAzzE30z
              :(.

;) Its cool.

Mariano

Haha, well Bimmerfanatik has been extremely helpful in getting me into an E30, so I'm on a more personal basis with him, but I'll definately draw up an M3 for you (maybe not for a small while, though).

Comment

Check it out.

There are about 4-5 top notch auto and industrial design schools in the world. They turn out 2-300 graduates a year. There are about 80-90 full time designers in the various auto companies most of whom are 40+ years old. Where do the rest of those folks go. They are techs that work at making models in clay and doing details like instruments, cup holders and detail stuff. Unfortunately cars are designed by committee to sell in volume.
                What does a talented young designer do? Fortunately there are specialty manufacturers, M and AMG's, the folks that make convertibles out of coupes, concept cars, etc. You wouldn't be happy working for one of the majors anyway. Keep on drawing. It's the basis of everything. The hot tip for someone 45 years younger than me is learn to use 3D software.

Comment

Originally posted by 1991 318is
                  There are about 4-5 top notch auto and industrial design schools in the world. They turn out 2-300 graduates a year. There are about 80-90 full time designers in the various auto companies most of whom are 40+ years old. Where do the rest of those folks go. They are techs that work at making models in clay and doing details like instruments, cup holders and detail stuff. Unfortunately cars are designed by committee to sell in volume.
                  What does a talented young designer do? Fortunately there are specialty manufacturers, M and AMG's, the folks that make convertibles out of coupes, concept cars, etc. You wouldn't be happy working for one of the majors anyway. Keep on drawing. It's the basis of everything. The hot tip for someone 45 years younger than me is learn to use 3D software.
                  I'm not quite sure what you're saying. On one hand, it seems as though you're saying that being a car designer is more or less a dead end road, and very few people make it (or even do it at all). Are you saying I should give up?

Or are you saying to keep on trying, because I have a chance?

Honestly, I don't want to spend my life designing cupholders and shift knobs, and you seem to have experience in the industry, so let me know! :)

Comment

Originally posted by KevRC4130
                    Haha, well Bimmerfanatik has been extremely helpful in getting me into an E30, so I'm on a more personal basis with him, but I'll definately draw up an M3 for you (maybe not for a small while, though).
                    Dont worry about it, I was just kidding with ya. Concentrate on what you want to do, thats the key.

Mariano

Comment

The pic rocks Kev - see my new sig ;)

Mariano - your car is beautiful enough in real life - just take a picture ;) Me, I gotta get a drawing because it can hide the flaws that exist :)

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerfanatik

Mariano - your car is beautiful enough in real life - just take a picture ;) Me, I gotta get a drawing because it can hide the flaws that exist :)
                        Wow. Thanks man.

Mariano

Comment

too much gay love goin on in here, break it up guys, i like the drawings alot, at the moment it gives it kinda an abstract hit on the cars, i like
                          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
                          Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Great job on the pics! Keep up the great work!

Comment

Working...
                            X