Life with an E30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Life with an E30

What's up guys, no episode 3 is not out nor is it ready, school, work and personal projects are making me push back on the parts for the car that I have lined up.

However, parts that I need to install include: slotted stoptech discs for the front, rear oem replacement discs, hawk hps pads al around, control arms and bushings, header gaskets and other goodies. Stay tuned because the videos will be up some time soon.

In the mean time, if you are a fan of Speedhunters, Petrolicious, and Stanceworks youre going to love my latest project: fuelfiles.co

Fuel Files is not a forum (yet) however it is going to be the next mecca for all fans of the automotive industry.

Covering every car new and old, slammed or lifted, Fuel Files is going to have stories posted there as frequently as possible. If you'd like to pass by for a good read feel free to visit http://fuelfiles.co.

For those of you that are fellow photographers and writers feel free to contact me and your photography and stories will be shared on our site! Don't worry about watermarks, if you have your watermark, leave it, all credit stays with you and links to your social media and personal sites will always be included.

Subscribe and stay tuned for more episodes, cheers!

Last edited by e30esty; 04-10-2017, 09:10 AM.

hopefully you learn some things about auto repair through your documentation.

secondly using 'AF' is douchey af.

and 3 - e30s are the best, hope you are enjoying it!

Comment

af and fam are trigger words. You're walking on thin ice, pal.

Also, don't wear gloves when you work your car. Its like wearing a condom, it's just not the same.
      Originally posted by wholepailofwater
      Q
      :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

Lyfstyle was all I had to see before I checked out. The rest you all posted confirm it

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
          Also, don't wear gloves when you work your car. Its like wearing a condom, it's just not the same.
          I'll have to remember this one for later!
          My Garage
          2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
          1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
          1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
          Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Any friend of an e30 is a friend of mine! Welcome to r3v, not for the faint of heart.
            Euro S50 Daily Driver: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=279195

Comment

I didn't think it was that bad, but you boys have a lot to learn. And yeah, drop some of the "douchey" aspects, and get yourselves a Bentley manual. If your Google-Fu is strong, you should be able to grab a PDF version for nothing.

A tool that I use is the open ended FRAM oil filter wrench. It should never be too tight to start with. When you put on a new filter, tight it just a little beyond hand tight, like maybe an 1/8 turn. Also, the filter is harder to remove when the engine is warm. I prefer doing my changes on a warm engine, and the wrench comes in handy here. Same thing with the oil pan nut, don't go crazy tightening it.

BTW when you're draining the diff or tranny oil, the car should be level for best results, and 1.7 L is correct for the diff, just saying. The tranny is around 1.25L

Also, if you remember your science classes... LEVERAGE!
              Last edited by estoguy; 01-24-2017, 04:03 PM.
              Estoguy
              1986 BMW 325, Alpenweiss ~ "Elsa"

Need a photographer, come visit my site: http://estoguy.wix.com/unique-perspectives

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                af and fam are trigger words. You're walking on thin ice, pal.

LMAO, all jokes aside, buying/paying for condoms is cheaper than paying for kids. So is buying/paying for gloves and not a new Sony A7ii body, thanks fam. (for real though) Hope you liked it and thanks for checking it out! :razz:

Comment

Originally posted by straight6pwr View Post
                  hopefully you learn some things about auto repair through your documentation.

secondly using 'AF' is douchey af.

and 3 - e30s are the best, hope you are enjoying it!
                  Yeah I'm doing this to teach myself how to wrench, being a BMW guy (previously owned an e60 530i) and needing something cheaper and more labor/wrenching friendly I went for the e30.

Also, I don't just enjoy it, I adore it!

Comment

Originally posted by Luke_M View Post
                    Any friend of an e30 is a friend of mine! Welcome to r3v, not for the faint of heart.
                    Thanks man, I mentally prepared for this by reading stuff on here when I was bored when I owned (and dreamed about an e30) my e60 530i.

Comment

Finally took the time to watch the video. It was okay, but everything is definitely way to douchey for my liking. A lot of that can be fixed by getting your buddy to put on a shirt I’m sure the 15 year old girls who watch your channel might like that. However it ruins it for everyone one else and not only ruins your first impression, but I’m guessing it limits your return viewers. I already have to deal with more than enough frat bros at work, the last thing I want to do is see them in my free time.
                      My Garage
                      2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                      1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                      1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                      Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Well, I did watch it and there was nothing I learned but it wasn't as bad as wanting my 5 minutes back...close though. But hey, your getting your hands dirty, working on your own ride, learning from your mistakes, and hanging out with friends willing to turn a wrench. Bonus points for fluid maintenance before cutting springs or stancing specs. Keep it up. :up:

COTM

Comment

are you and the naked guy going to stop teasing and actually have sex in the next video?

:rippedoff:
                          sigpic
                          1987 Mercedes 190E 2.3-16: Vintage Racer
                          2010 BMW (E90) 335xi sedan: Grocery Getter

Comment

Originally posted by Emre View Post
                            are you and the naked guy going to stop teasing and actually have sex in the next video?

:giggle:
                            If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Emre View Post

:rippedoff:
                              That wouldnt be on my YouTube though...stupid censorship...

Comment

Working...
                              X