When drifting goes wrong.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blunt View Post
    maybe im a little sensitive. i just lost my dad to cancer and i wear his livestrong band as a reminder of what a cool guy he was
    I'm with blunt on this one.
    Lose a close family member to cancer and your attitude will change.
    I lost someone very close to me a little over a year ago, I've still got Livestrong bands... even if I'm not wearing it every day.
    Below the radar...

Comment

i stand by my "Fuck Cancer" t-shirt, which helped pay for research,

and i wore my pink Breast Cancer "friends of the cancer center" for a looong time.

ive felt the effect of cancer, although not 1st hand, yet.

Comment

Nice professional track safety workers!
        BEERTECH

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
          Nice professional track safety workers!
          I have a 60 min video file that I would almost edit out the piece where they have to deal with a crashed car for you.

They use forklifts to take those out.
          Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
          EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
          FullOpp Stickers for sale!
          NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
          Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
          ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

I lost a couple of close family members to cancer before this whole "livestrong" fad began to surface. Maybe the whole "livestrong" theme has great significance to many but personally I think it's a crock. I even dare say that most of the charity money for research is not being spent appropriately. All of the major drug companies are heavily funding research so that they can be the first one to come out with a drug that successfully treats cancer. There is plenty of money being spent on cancer research and I wouldn't be surprised if we find out that we have all been duped by the livestrong theme and the pink ribbons in a couple of years from now when the scandal is revealed.
            Last edited by Jscotty; 08-18-2007, 07:30 PM.

Comment

lucky it was shiny side up. shit happens. let's talk about driftin' not offtopic cancer talk.

some HC guy caught a wall with his rear fender and got new stripes all along his car today, but regrouped and ended up getting 2nd place after going back out with a fubared fender, quarter panel, and bumper and lighting it up like he did the first time w/o incident.

Comment

So what exactly is the object to drifting?

I have seen people doing it in the mall parking lot but what are the rules and goals of the sport? Is it the sort of thing where you get points based on the length of the slide or is it more or less like half-pipe skateboarding where its based on creativity and impressiveness of how you control the car?

Comment

Well... personally I think that since this isnt a timed (objective) sport, the professional competition aspect of it is extremely flawed and biased... in all levels of competition.

But the three main things that a judge looks at is speed, line, and angle. A good amount of all 3 brings out a winner. It's tricky though because the more angle you have, the more speed you lose, so trying to keep all 3 while taking the proper line is quite the challenge.

Personally, I'm shifting my goals towards just doing this for fun. The more I find out about the professional side of drifting and how ridiculously biased it is, the less I want to be a part of it. My goal is to have the sport self-sufficient. If someone pays for my expenses, I dont care if I'm doing competitions or demos..... drifting is drifting.
                  EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

Feedback Thread

Comment

It's figure skating.

I'm with you on the drifting for fun rwddrift.

Comment

Yea, really lucky it didn't roll. It really dug in!

Glad it panned out ok though! :)
                      - Sean Hayes

Comment

Originally posted by Jscotty View Post
                        I lost a couple of close family members to cancer before this whole "livestrong" fad began to surface. Maybe the whole "livestrong" theme has great significance to many but personally I think it's a crock. I even dare say that most of the charity money for research is not being spent appropriately. All of the major drug companies are heavily funding research so that they can be the first one to come out with a drug that successfully treats cancer. There is plenty of money being spent on cancer research and I wouldn't be surprised if we find out that we have all been duped by the livestrong theme and the pink ribbons in a couple of years from now when the scandal is revealed.
                        The Onion brings you all of the latest news, stories, photos, videos and more from America's finest news source.

Comment

shoulda turned into the grass so it wasnt completely sideways. you are lucky it didnt roll.

Comment

You guys swear I can just press pause and debate what's the best thing to do. :p

I turned in to try to get the rear end to rotate and not fly off the track. Afterwards it really would not have made a difference. I could probably have given half a turn on the wheel before I had come to a complete stop.

But yes, I'm glad I didnt roll.

Feedback Thread

Comment

Working...
                            X