No announcement yet.

Alpina B3 2.7 Track Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is some more track action. I came across these Ford GT40 cars (most likely replicas, although I wouldn't know the difference) on the track. They had 225/16 semi slicks and the interior was all business and zero comfort.

video
    I think this GT40 was a replica. It had the bare minimum interior and had semi slick tyres.

Comment

does your car have abs?

Comment

extremely cool stuff

Comment

Thanks Prestige.

@ lifeiskaos
          No ABS in the car. I had an ABS unit but gave it away - I wanted no electronic brain interfering with the driving in any way.

Comment

Did you do something to your brake lights? I didn't notice them lighting up at all.
            Cornering is like bringing a woman to climax.
            -Jackie Stewart

Comment

Originally posted by DragonOrta View Post
              Did you do something to your brake lights? I didn't notice them lighting up at all.
              Currently no lights in the rear.

Comment

awesome, just awesome.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chameleonleather View Post
                  awesome, just awesome.
                  Thank you. Watch this space, more close racing videos to come soon.

Currently busy prepping the car for 23 May 2009. Two sprint races with a 2 hour endurance in between for good measure.

Comment

So as I was getting ready to start my session, I see this Porsche wanted a piece of me - he was jumping the queue and on the warmup lap, he let nothing get between us and yet did not overtake. Fine, I thought. He was going to have to work for it though.

As I was lining up to get onto the track, I had a feeling that this Porsche wanted to have some fun. Here is how it went down.

Comment

awesome video...that is one badass e30!!

1991 LS1 Swapped 318is
                      Instagram:
                      https://instagram.com/saltybeast/
                      LS Build Thread:
                      https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...s-e30-ls1-swap

Comment

too fkn cool..

great thread Andreas.

Comment

nice.. that golf in front of you seemed to have an aversion to the apex :)
                          '12 F30 328i Sport Line
                          '91 SpecE30 #523
                          '00 Ford F-350 Dually Tow Vehicle

BMWCCA #360858 NASA #

Comment

Thanks. Here is another video where my brother is driving and trying to find a way around a stubborn Golf. The hatchback drivers always give each other room but will do anything to prevent being passed by a BMW.

Here Mike drove my Alpina B3 for a session and he had a nice battle with a Golf.

Comment

I have entered the car for its first races. On 23 May 2009 the car will compete in two 8 lap (maybe 10 laps, not sure) sprint races. In between the two sprint races, there is the 2 Hour Enduro. Unfortunately, the second sprint race begins 5 mins after the Enduro.

I have opted to use a co-driver for the Enduro as my left elbow gives me problems during driving under race conditions. My brother was not available, so I have chosen a fellow E30 forum member as my co-driver.

He has never been in the car, so we decided to go for a test / familiarization session last week. Here is a video of his efforts.

I comment on his driving and use the rev counter as a speed measure. It is much easier to read in the original 1920x1080 big screen resolution but still visible in this shrunk down video - just be sure to watch it in YouTube's High Quality option.

This is the first time for Dewald in my car. There were a few things to learn which he did quickly.

I was blown away at his precision braking for the high speed turn 4. The car has no ABS and no brake booster for a totally alien experience. He has been at Zwartkops in his 325is Turbo (extremely powerful, semi slicks, E36 M3 front brakes) and managed a best time of 1:19.7 so this was a big (almost 5 seconds) step forward that required higher corner speeds and late braking to achieve.

His lap times still suffer a bit due to him not blipping the throttle aggressively enough on downshifts. Small amounts of time are wasted coasting as he releases the clutch slower than possible when throwing the engine rpm higher on the heel-toe throttle blip. I am sure that he will get the hang of it on Friday practice next week.

The races are at a different track so he still has that to learn as well.

Comment

Looks like he's doing pretty good. What's up with the red Alfa? Being on the track with that Porsche seemed pretty bad ass. Good Luck with the race!
                                Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
                                Do you feel like something is trying to penetrate your butthole?

Comment

Working...
                                X