No announcement yet.

Alpina B3 2.7 Track Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pity the guy in the Porsche wasn't driving it all that well.

Comment

This is my favorite car on here! :)

Comment

Love this car!
        sigpic
        1986 "C2 2.7 Alpina" Sedan
        1987 325ic Black Vert
        1986 327i Red Track Car RIP 10/10/10
        1989 325is Henna S50 track car SOLD

Transaction feedback here please!!
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170548

Comment

Thanks guys. The car is still a work in progress and will definitely become faster this year.

@ SA E30
          Not every single car on the track can be occupied by a top notch driver such as yourself. Next time, tell the GT3 driver of your credentials and I am sure that he will let you drive it, then you are welcome to beat me by miles with that Porsche. My Alpina B3 will then be exposed as one of the slower E30s on our tracks.

Comment

Why the sarcasm? It's a valid point.

Comment

Originally posted by Andreas View Post
              Thanks to you and the other positive comments, I thought nobody was interested.

Here is another video of me taking on something challenging. It is a video from my first (and slowest) session of the day. I had brand new 215/45/17 semi slicks all round and they were still very slippery at first. I saw the 997 Porsche GT3 RS coming up behind me and had hoped to hold him off until the releasing agent from the new tyres had been scrubbed off but he caught me too easily. But I could start fighting back soon :twisted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBy_w6mH1jU
              I sent a copy of this video to a mate who owns 993 RSR an a few other very quick Porsches and this was his response:

Hey bud, that BMW looks like it comes out of Dunswart, no dash board and all. He is racing a street car that my wife goes shopping in, aircon, power steering, sound system, shopping bags in the boot, street tyres, etc. Tell your BM boy to come and race proper racecars. What laptimes was he doing ?

Sorry you and your bum chum can't have me remove off this forum:hitler:

Seems a similar vid was post about the fastest Porsche in the GT Challenge against an e36 m3 ( the Porsche is 4 seconds faster per lap than the e36 that is generally considered as a 1 lap wonder). The owner of the Porsche did not deem it necessary to even reply
              Last edited by KevinSA; 06-07-2010, 06:37 AM.

Comment

I love it when you saffers talk dirty to each other.

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
                RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

Reminds me of guys who don't bother to qualify their car during a race weekend, and start from the back of the pack. Then show videos of all the cars they passed ;-) It makes great videos actually.
                  Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

LOL @ :hitler: , Quite fitting I think.

Comment

So can you go into more detail about the new intake? is the manifold off the shelf? What are the throttle bodies from? Also at this point what are you using for the Spark trigger and how will you manage the fuel system?
                      It looks like a real cool system and I am not asking for any trade secrets, I have not seen this type on intake on a e30.

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by KevinSA View Post
                        I sent a copy of this video to a mate who owns 993 RSR an a few other very quick Porsches and this was his response:

Hey bud, that BMW looks like it comes out of Dunswart, no dash board and all. He is racing a street car that my wife goes shopping in, aircon, power steering, sound system, shopping bags in the boot, street tyres, etc. Tell your BM boy to come and race proper racecars. What laptimes was he doing ?

Sorry you and your bum chum can't have me remove off this forum:hitler:

Seems a similar vid was post about the fastest Porsche in the GT Challenge against an e36 m3 ( the Porsche is 4 seconds faster per lap than the e36 that is generally considered as a 1 lap wonder). The owner of the Porsche did not deem it necessary to even reply

Thanks for informing us that if the Porsche was race prepped in addition to having twice the power and a 20 year newer suspension/chassis design it would have won! I don't think anyone in here claimed that the e30 is unconditionally faster then a Porsche, troll much?

Comment

It's not a troll post.

Just saying there are plenty e30's that will give Porsches a run for their money.

Do you know the specs of both cars? Don't assume things.

Comment

Originally posted by SA E30 View Post
                            Do you know the specs of both cars? Don't assume things.
                            I'd be more interested on the driver's specs. That's usually the driver that makes the car go fast... or slow.

Back in the days, there was a funny cartoon in Roundel magazine. It depicted a 2002 proudly passing a bigger/newer BMW and bragging about it, while the big BMW's driver had slowed down to pick a cassette or pick a track. Beatles? Bethoven?

Sure, e30s are great handling car, but if the Porsche driver simply tracks leasurely, there's no viable comparaison. :D

massivebrakes.com

Comment

you guys are a bunch of waffleswaffleswaffleswaffless, Andreas, great car, glad to see an E30 being driven and tracked. keep it up.
                              Brian Jacobs

Comment

Nobody said car or driver were bad. Quite to the contrary. Comments were only addressed regarding the bragging about passing a Porsche... ;-) Maybe great driver (e30) vs average one (Pork)?

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Working...
                                X