No announcement yet.

Alpina B3 2.7 Track Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome. Can you post some pictures of your pedal box installed? And did you patch up that spare tire hole? I might have missed that. Do you have any more pictures of that?

Comment

Originally posted by TwoJ's View Post
      Awesome. Can you post some pictures of your pedal box installed? And did you patch up that spare tire hole? I might have missed that. Do you have any more pictures of that?
      Here are some pics of what you've requested.

Comment

Here is a split screen comparison video of my co-driver's best lap in the race vs my best lap from the 2 Hour Enduro.

A comparison of fastest laps achieved in the actual 2 Hour Enduro race.

Comment

why dont you cut up into the rear valence to create a deeper diffuser? make the top of the diffuser the bottom of the trunk... if you follow me. the sides would the inside edges of the tubs on either side of the trunk.

Originally posted by vlad
          Do you know anybody else who built that many bad ass E30s?

Comment

holly crap i love your car...

Comment

Originally posted by Joe318is View Post
              why dont you cut up into the rear valence to create a deeper diffuser? make the top of the diffuser the bottom of the trunk... if you follow me. the sides would the inside edges of the tubs on either side of the trunk.
              I hardly managed to finish the closure in time for the race. It is actually not easy to mount something straight since there is very little symmetry on the body - the fact that the rear is a little bent on one side didn't help either.

I do understand what you are saying and wanted to do that but time was against me. One thing however also held me back from implementing that solution - the tubs on either side of the trunk extend by different amounts towards the middle of the car which would result in an odd looking off-center diffuser.

Comment

you could build it to the larger side... the diffuser would not reach the smaller tub.

theres a lot under the car to work around, and unless you made the rest of the car 'smooth' it wouldnt work too effectivly.

Originally posted by vlad
                Do you know anybody else who built that many bad ass E30s?

Comment

Hi guys.

I have recently put the car back together after the 2.7 had a big end bearing failure and stood for a few months. The engine now has the Metric Mechanic 3200 Rally bottom end.

Here are some videos of a recent trackday.

This is some footage from Race 1 of the BMW Racing League. I was behind a E30 DTM M3 look alike with a 2.9 M20 stroker + carbs.

2010-03-20 Kyalami BMW Racing League - Race 1 - YouTube.mp4
                  Some footage from Race 1. Battling with Feroz in the E30 DTM M3 look alike with a 2.9L Stroker M20.

The last few laps from race 2.

2010-03-20 Kyalami BMW Racing League - Race 2 - YouTube.mp4
                  Some clerical errors with qualifying times resulted in a mixed grid and some interesting racing.

Another video of me following a 325is (2.7L) Turbo. Unfortunately both he and his passenger had issues with their clothing (no long sleeves, no gloves) and by the time they had it sorted out, there was only time for one lap before the session ended.

2010-03-20 Kyalami E30 vs E30 Turbo - YouTube.mp4
                  I intended to film my friend in his E30 Turbo for a few laps but he and his passenger had to sort out clothing issues (gloves, long sleeves) and eventually I...

A video of me following an E92 M3 on road tyres. The cornering capability of the M3 is mind blowing, especially in high speed sweeps. I don't know if you'll be able to see it on the watered down, YouTube converted video, but the M3's front wheels are steering madly left and right through some turns and I can only imagine the fun sawing at the steering wheel.

2010-03-20 Kyalami E30 vs E92 M3 - YouTube.mp4
                  Driving behind an E92 M3 on road tyres to film his efforts. The M3 handles surprisingly well through the faster sweeps but suffers through tighter turns. Als...

Finally, here are my efforts trying to pass the mighty E60 V10 M5 (semi slicks).

2010-03-20 Kyalami E30 vs E60 M5 - YouTube.mp4
                  Battling with an E60 V10 M5 on semi slicks. Despite a 8-9 second laptime advantage in my favour, it is extremely hard to pass.

Comment

best vid yet. cant believe nobody else commented

Comment

fucking sick! Nice thread the car looks great, very fuhraze.

R.H.D
                      M-technic I club

Comment

Oh man that 2002 did a great job blocking everybody.... great driving by you as well! Keep the videos coming!

Comment

Jesus that E92 was going nuts. Fun watching him dance all over the track.

Comment

Nice vids I love cockpit views of the track.

'89 Alpine S52 with goodies

Comment

Originally posted by -limp- View Post
                              best vid yet. cant believe nobody else commented
                              Thanks to you and the other positive comments, I thought nobody was interested.

Here is another video of me taking on something challenging. It is a video from my first (and slowest) session of the day. I had brand new 215/45/17 semi slicks all round and they were still very slippery at first. I saw the 997 Porsche GT3 RS coming up behind me and had hoped to hold him off until the releasing agent from the new tyres had been scrubbed off but he caught me too easily. But I could start fighting back soon :twisted:

Action from the BMW Car Club trackday at Zwartkops on 30 May 2010.

Comment

These videos are amazing.. Very inspirational :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X