TRACK PICS (autox fort devens 5/3/09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TRACK PICS (autox fort devens 5/3/09

those damn crx's are fast... definitely need to do a srs weight reduction (both driver and car) to get to his 2120 lb limit. (i know this isnt really possible. ill be happy at 2300 or a bit less.)

Originally posted by p0cket penguins View Post

those damn crx's are fast... definitely need to do a srs weight reduction (both driver and car) to get to his 2120 lb limit. (i know this isnt really possible. ill be happy at 2300 or a bit less.)

Cool pics! What size tires are you running? Are the wheels 16x8 et20 slipstreams? Are you running stock diameter springs, or coilovers, and do you ever rub?

You can hit 2300. I just hit 2380, I stripped out everything from the inside except the dash, single 15lb seat, single 2.5" exhaust, 4 point roll bar. nothing in the trunk, no a/c. Still have the working electric sunroof, too.
    85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
    e30 restoration and V8 swap
    24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

What spring rates are you running? seems like a ton of body roll.

Comment

What class are you running? Any serious weight reductions aren't in the rules until you get way up the food chain!
        Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
        Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
        One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

lol that saturn is comedy
          Tbolt Division

All I'm saying dude is that bird law in this country...it's not governed by reason.

Comment

Im just running with the local clubs ... not running classes just a weekend warrior and i want to beat my crx friend.... I have H&R race/billy sport/st 21&19sways/-2 camber fixed camber plates and im looking for J stock springs to stiffen it up. Those are rota 16x8 slip streams on 225/50/16 re-01r's a little rubbing on the back... no rubbing on the front now that the camber plates are in.... but i srsly rolled my fenders

Comment

Originally posted by Tbolt View Post
              lol that saturn is comedy
              \
              i dont care if it looks horribly rice but he was driving the shit out of that car and looked like he has a blast.

Comment

The Saturn was driving as if he were driving his mother-in-law's car. He had the tires screeching for the entire run.

I went too! It was my first event (autox, DE, or otherwise), and I had a ball. :mrgreen: Me, I got no body roll because I was driving as if I were going to the corner store to buy some milk, until p0cket penguins rode shotgun and told me to hit the loud pedal.

Originally posted by whysimon
                WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

\
                  i dont care if it looks horribly rice but he was driving the shit out of that car and looked like he has a blast.

There's a well prepped Saturn that runs STS in my local region, and he would absolutely ruin 99.5% of the people on this board, minus Alex and a few others.
                  85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
                  e30 restoration and V8 swap
                  24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

Im just running with the local clubs ... not running classes just a weekend warrior and i want to beat my crx friend.... I have H&R race/billy sport/st 21&19sways/-2 camber fixed camber plates and im looking for J stock springs to stiffen it up. Those are rota 16x8 slip streams on 225/50/16 re-01r's a little rubbing on the back... no rubbing on the front now that the camber plates are in.... but i srsly rolled my fenders
                    Ahhhh, I see. Gut it then! Then start making yourself fiberglass body panels and you can really shed some weight.

I'm going to build my car to the absolute max according to the SM rules, except I'll run street tires since our local group does an SMT class. If I can get decent at it, next year I'll flare the fenders and run 17 x 9s with 255/40/17s

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

i love street tires... i think it takes more skill

Comment

I don't know about more skill, but they last much longer and are much cheaper. That's my main motivation.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

well this is how i see it.. its cheaper and last longer plus if do something fundamentally wrong street tires punish you while r compounds can mask bad habits.

Comment

Originally posted by FredK View Post
                            The Saturn was driving as if he were driving his mother-in-law's car. He had the tires screeching for the entire run.

I went too! It was my first event (autox, DE, or otherwise), and I had a ball. :mrgreen: Me, I got no body roll because I was driving as if I were going to the corner store to buy some milk, until p0cket penguins rode shotgun and told me to hit the loud pedal.
                            I see no crazy asians in those pics . . .
                            Current Cars
                            2014 M235i
                            2009 R56 Cooper S
                            1998 M3
                            1997 M3

Comment

Oh, did you see my cherubic face in this picture?

~* scott *~

Originally posted by whysimon
                              WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Working...
                              X