Fuel cell interest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel cell interest?

I wanted to make a thread to gauge the interest on fuel cells for track or DD e30s or any car for that matter.

The company that makes the fuel cells is called Jaz Products. They have two shops local to me and have a great reputation in the racing world around here. They make all different sized fuel tanks from 3 gallons up to 20 gallons. They make 3, 4, 5, 10, 15 and 20 gallon tanks.

Any interest?

Taylor
    Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!
    Taylor- Follow me on Instagram @e30_fiend

just regular rectangular size? or custom fit in e30 size?

Comment

just regular sized. the 10 gallon cell is like 17x17x? and they are foam filed so the fuel doesnt slosh around
      Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!
      Taylor- Follow me on Instagram @e30_fiend

Comment

Not sure why you'd want one- the Jaz "fuel cells" I've seen are basically plastic gas cans with foam in them and an -AN fitting or two on top. These are fine for some applications, I have one in my circle-track E21 320i, but if you're gonna put a fuel cell in an E30, better get something like a real ATL fuel cell with a can and a bladder.

I'd feel alot safer with my stock E30 tank nestled snugly in front of the rear subframe.

Comment

stock fuel tank in an e30 is located better than in trunk fuel cell.
          '12 F30 328i Sport Line
          '91 SpecE30 #523
          '00 Ford F-350 Dually Tow Vehicle

BMWCCA #360858 NASA #

Comment

E30 fuel tanks have a lot of hiccup problems, but it is in a nice place for safety and weight distro.
            www.Gress.org

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing. -E. Burke

NASA SpecE30 #6, BMWCCA #161
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RangerGress View Post
              E30 fuel tanks have a lot of hiccup problems, but it is in a nice place for safety and weight distro.
              I wonder if it's possible to pack the stock tank with foam? Cut it open and reweld it...?

Or do something like this?

Or this?

Get fast, Free Standard Shipping on orders over Summit Racing Equipment from $109 -- no shipping, handling, or rural fees! Exclusions apply.
              Last edited by JGood; 08-06-2009, 12:29 PM.
              85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
              e30 restoration and V8 swap
              24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

e30s greatly benefit from a small surge tank to keep the pressure pump "wet"...
                Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Jaz tanks FTL.

I would be down for an ATL bladder that fits in the stock tank. (cut open obviously)

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
                    e30s greatly benefit from a small surge tank to keep the pressure pump "wet"...
                    I was bitching about the poor pickup design in my 87 (goes dry whenever I'm under a half tank and take an onramp) to my friend who doesn't have the same problem; he said later models had an integrated surge tank. There any truth to this?

Comment

Originally posted by JGood View Post
                      I wonder if it's possible to pack the stock tank with foam? Cut it open and reweld it...?

Or do something like this?

Or this?

http://www.summitracing.com/search/B.../?autoview=SKU
                      Just stuff it down the fill tube. :p

Comment

JAZ stuff works pretty well, I am definitely making sure I have a surge tank in my new setup.

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
                          I was bitching about the poor pickup design in my 87 (goes dry whenever I'm under a half tank and take an onramp) to my friend who doesn't have the same problem; he said later models had an integrated surge tank. There any truth to this?

There is a pot in the late model tank. It doesnt work for shit though.

Comment

Originally posted by whowhatwhere View Post
                            There is a pot in the late model tank. It doesnt work for shit though.
                            It worked a hell of a lot better than in my '87.

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
                              Later model has only one pump. None have any surge tanks.
                              Last edited by Massive Lee; 08-07-2009, 05:01 AM.
                              Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Working...
                              X