• Time
  • Show
Clear All

looks sweet
    +1 on the cat ha
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SA E30 View Post
      The reason they are special is because they were given to us for free from Nissan Motorsport, with about 200 Track KM on them, so basically brand new. Quite a cool deal.

They are just run of the mill AP Discs though.

@bergie_318is The motor is lying at my tuners place, as we don't have space to keep it at our house.
      Yes, that makes them special in my book, too.
      I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

Looks like I arrived late to the aprty, pretty much all pics are gone!
        Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver/Euro E34 M5 '93/Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro/Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro/Skyline R33 GT-R

Comment

No they are still there, just seems like I've somehow exceeded my photobucket bandwidth limit

Comment

Goddamn all the pics are over the limit :(

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
            RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

Nice build man. I would have a little bit of concern about the rear mount on the control arms. Who was this designed by? Was any 3d modeling and/or finite element analysis done on it? I would want to be damn sure that it was solid, and even over-engineered.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoJ's View Post
                Nice build man. I would have a little bit of concern about the rear mount on the control arms. Who was this designed by? Was any 3d modeling and/or finite element analysis done on it? I would want to be damn sure that it was solid, and even over-engineered.
                I hear you! It was originally designed by the lead Race Engineer at Nissan Motorsport SA. We have since decided to change it up as another friend of ours voiced concerns about the increased vector forces with the new arms.

So we have changed the design of the rear mount, what we did was I have a friend with a late model BTCC car and we took the magnesium mount from his car and got a reproduction made up in Ally. Much more peace of mind. Speaking of which he also has CAD designs of the actual arms so we will also get those made up in the future but for now the Chromoly will be fine.

For now the thing that has been preoccupying our mind is the rear suspension. We pulled it out to for the last time. I'm not all that sure on using the Poly Propelene trailing arm bushes so they will more than likely be changed out. I would like to use spherical bearings but we're just not in the mood to come up with a solution so something bolt on a like a delrin bush.

We also had a bit of a time. We considered using a small case differential as it is lighter. We have the differential cooler So the heat wouldn't be a problem but we decided against it due to lack of ratios and the fact that 2 of our reputable engine tuners have said that the spider gears are much weaker than the ones in the Med Case.

Comment

Pics are back up, what an insane build Stevin!

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
                  RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

Nice build!!! Where is that motor!??

Need info on that boot lid spoiler.. I think it looks sick!
                    "Driving anything else would be uncivilised"

Comment

dude is not playing, i cant wait to see the engine tho

Comment

in response to the rear monoballs

Comment

Cool car, cant wait to see it finished and maybe some vids of it on the track. Gl with your project.
                          Wait, you both have small dogs? thats kinda
                          ~e30s52

Comment

Thanks guys.

Just a small update. Seeing that we pulled out the rear suspension we went ahead and removed the front as well. This gave me the opportunity to finally get cracking on removing the lip on the front chassis leg and the radial lip.

It's quite a bit of work but gives us that extra couple of centimeters travel and we don't have the risk of cutting into the tyres anymore.

We're also changing the front subframe so that it is an exact copy of a 1992 DTM subframe, this helps us to further improve the roll centre characteristics of the car.

Pictures to come as soon as I'm finished with the work and start to reassemble.

Comment

nice.. what's the plan for the motor? what standalone are you planning to run?
                              '12 F30 328i Sport Line
                              '91 SpecE30 #523
                              '00 Ford F-350 Dually Tow Vehicle

BMWCCA #360858 NASA #

Comment

Also wanting more info on that trunk! Build looks sick.

Comment

Working...
                                X