14's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

14's

looking at some tires and i came across falken azines and they come in 14, anyone running them as a dd and some autox, im still trying to learn so any constructive criticism would be cool

Azenis are the way to go in 14". Your other options in 14" are Hoosiers (not for the street) and Star Specs (about twice as much as you can find Azenis for). Bang for the buck wise, the Azenis have it.

I've run a set of them, they're sitting in my room until I get my alignment figured out. They're good tires for what they are (cheap and grippy with a stiff sidewall).

Comment

Yeah, Azenis rock.

Comment

cool, would you guys consider staying on 14's or would it be better to upgrade to a bigger size later?

Comment

azenis suck horribly on wet pavement though, my car was scary to drive on them when it was raining really hard.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by xwill112x View Post
            azenis suck horribly on wet pavement though, my car was scary to drive on them when it was raining really hard.
            When they're worn out they're not great in the wet. But your other similar options aren't going to be much different in that regard.

If you wanted an all around great all-season tire, you could try out a set of RE960A/S. But you're in california, you don't really have to deal with rain that much--focus on dry traction. I ran my RT615s in the rain a bit, they weren't that bad.

Comment

the zeix i think is the 619 now? great all season.
              sigpic

Comment

heard great things about falken zeix too

Comment

Toyo RA1 is an option as well I had 225/50/14 on stock weaves for a bit. The R888's probably have the same size...fantastic tire for autocross, etc.

Comment

619? You probably mean the ZE912, it's been out for awhile. I had a set, they're decent for what they are but the 960A/S is just a better tire (with a pricetag to reflect that).

When it comes to dry traction they both get blown out of the water by the RT615 though.

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
                      When they're worn out they're not great in the wet. But your other similar options aren't going to be much different in that regard.

If you wanted an all around great all-season tire, you could try out a set of RE960A/S. But you're in california, you don't really have to deal with rain that much--focus on dry traction. I ran my RT615s in the rain a bit, they weren't that bad.

When you ran the 615 in the rain was it scary?? hahaha thanks for all the info guys

Comment

Wasn't scary at all. Just don't try and tailgate people doing 80 in a thunderstorm and you should be okay. When they wear down they do get worse though.

Comment

14" wheels? Can they house a 14" rotor? ;-)

Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

^^^ Beauty!

I've run a set of ZE-912's for about a year and a half now. They've seen four track days. I have nothing to compare them against as they're the first set of tires I've ever purchased with the intent for track use but I have no complaints at this time. The audible feedback I get in the twisties is very helpful in letting me know how hard I'm pushing them.

They seem to do well in the rain and they have seen the snow (not by choice) and were abysmal. I'm hoping to find some lightweight 15" wheels soon to widen my choices. The RT-615s look interesting.
                            -Geno

'87 325is (s52'd)
                            '95 525iT
                            '02 Range Rover 4.6 HSE
                            '98 Disco 1

Comment

Huh?
                              Originally posted by audiquattrot
                              bimmers b4 b*tches....remember that.
                              1990 Alpinweiss 325i - secret 500whp build
                              2000 Audi S4 B5 Laser Red
                              1990 Nissan 240sx - Drift Missile
                              2006 CBR600RR

Comment

Working...
                              X