No announcement yet.

E30-LS1 KITS now available!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You want real power in your E30?? The stock LS1 makes 340hp and 340lbft in a Camaro ... we haven't checked ours, but we're making a little more than that with our low-restriction intake, and dual 2.25" exhaust with custom headers. Everything works, going to chill with the A/C and cruise control.........
    E30-LS1 aka. 357is
    email us to pick up our LS1 swap guide
    E30-LS1 KITS now available!!
    E30LS1@gmail.com
    e30ls1.com

Comment

Does this work with any LS engine or just LS1?
      "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
      88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
      89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
      91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Any of the LS-series engines will work -- we have a 6-speed TX in ours; the auto trannys may be too large for the E30 tunnel.

An LSA from a CTS-V would be a nice engine .... hmmm .... would look pretty cool with a hole in the hood, and the very top of the supercharger visible ..........
        E30-LS1 aka. 357is
        E30LS1@gmail.com
        e30ls1.com

Comment

any feedback from customers who have bought your kit and have the setup running in their cars?
          Build : Das Drehmoment Ungeheuer

Comment

How much does the front axle weight change with this swap?

Comment

Originally posted by kristov View Post
              How much does the front axle weight change with this swap?
              Our car weighed 80lbs more after the swap. The extra 200hp and 200lbft of torque pretty much makes those 80lbs invisible ...........:p
              E30-LS1 aka. 357is
              E30LS1@gmail.com
              e30ls1.com

Comment

I think kristov was more concerned about where the weight was located than the overall gain. I gained a little more than 80lbs on mine and I've got corner weights both before and after - I just need to find them.

For Kristov, one of the major weight gains was the transmission. The T56 is a beast, and you definitely pay the penalty in weight. Good thing is the weight gain associated with the trans is (obviously) further back in the car.

I'll dig up my corner weights today.

Comment

Originally posted by GotCone? View Post
                  any feedback from customers who have bought your kit and have the setup running in their cars?
                  garretvs??
                  Build : Das Drehmoment Ungeheuer

Comment

Its not an easy swap, so its taking time for people to complete it. We've sold about 25 CD's, and five complete swap kits. Some are doing the DIY route, and one guy is spending good coin on having a shop do the swap, with an LS3. That one should be quite something!
                    E30-LS1 aka. 357is
                    E30LS1@gmail.com
                    e30ls1.com

Comment

What's a fair estimate for all the parts needed (motor, tranny, your kit and any custom fabrication/mod). Please break it down if you can.
                      Smog? I am in Kali.

Comment

Our first five kits were $1200, which included the CD. We are currently sold out of kits, but still sell the CD. We will probably increase the price a little if we do another run of kits. If you are in California, better research what you have to do to license a street rod there. You will need a visual inspection by the State Patrol; if you pass, they issue you a sticker for the B-Pillar (like the OEM one) that certifies the following:

All emissions equipment present and working. The headers we used may not pass, as they do not have AIR pump fittings. You have to have receipts for all major parts, to prove they did not come from a chop shop.

Our 50k mile engine and tranny cost us $4000. We got lucky, as the engine runs like new, and the oil stays clean for 3000mi. We spent another $4000 on "stuff" MIG welder, tools, engine hoist, misc parts, air compressor all new suspension, brakes, steering, HydroBoost, driveshaft, etc.

Look thru our build threads on this board and BimmerForums for more info.
                        E30-LS1 aka. 357is
                        E30LS1@gmail.com
                        e30ls1.com

Comment

LS1 swap is so tempting.

The 2003 C5 came with 409hp. A friend of mine has such a Corvette, with the engine set-up for 500hp. ;-)
                          Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Originally posted by garretvs View Post
                            Its not an easy swap, so its taking time for people to complete it. We've sold about 25 CD's, and five complete swap kits. Some are doing the DIY route, and one guy is spending good coin on having a shop do the swap, with an LS3. That one should be quite something!

You guys don't do the swap?

Is TC Motorsports the best shop to do the job in WA?
                            Follow my IG @bouchezphotography

Comment

Gerber Motor sports in Magnolia (suburban Seattle) is doing an E30-LS3 swap. They started about 2wks ago.
                              E30-LS1 aka. 357is
                              E30LS1@gmail.com
                              e30ls1.com

Comment

DAMM, so freaking tempting. New crate engines are going for 5k.

Comment

Working...
                                X