Question for everyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for everyone

Would you spend $600-1000 on a set of front rotors that would not wear out, have incrediable stoping power for the track and street, no dust, no pedal fade, no squeel etc? Now if you don't think you would have the money or even in 3 months please don't answer yes but if its something that you would be interested in post here.

Originally posted by DaveCN
    Welcome.

Your car is a piece of shit.

Most of them here are, too.

I can buy stock front rotors for 23 dollars all day long.

So, no.

-Charlie
    Swing wild, brake later, don't apologize.
    '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
    FYYFF

Comment

$1000?

If they cost that they should last forever, and I could give them to my kids latter on
      Gunni
      @ Prodrive / Aston Martin Racing

Comment

not a chance. those would be worth more than some peoples cars..
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

jus for front brake rotors, right ..? thats quite a bit of coin .. maybe if it had upgraded calipers & SS lines F & R with a long lasting but aggressive pad ..
          then yes ..
          --Hayden--
          '87 325 coupe- Trak Rat
          '93 318is- 4cyl's of fury
          '92 Integra GS-R--yeah, its fast..
          www.G2IC.com

Comment

For that much these rotors better be larger than stock, and come with matching multipiston calipers.

Comment

Are you talking PCCB style?
              Trevor Ely
              '95 M Sport 540i - '00 A4 1.8TQMS - '85 190E 2.3-16
              '88 535is - '87 325e - '89 325is - '91 318is - '90 325is - '96 328is

Comment

thats quite an impossible statement, would not wear out? how can you possibly not have a rotor wear out when to metal surfaces are touching each other, no less a street pad, combine them with a race pad and you would have a healthy bill after the season is over.

Its a good idea but simply not possible

Comment

Re: Question for everyone

Originally posted by grapedrink
                  Would you spend $600-1000 on a set of front rotors that would not wear out, have incrediable stoping power for the track and street, no dust, no pedal fade, no squeel etc? Now if you don't think you would have the money or even in 3 months please don't answer yes but if its something that you would be interested in post here.
                  Um, rotors don't cause brake fade, or dust, or are the cause of squealing. All these are attributed to the kind of pad you buy, and there are tradeoffs between performance and "comfort".

Plus unless unless these rotors are made of depleated uranium they will wear out, theres no way around it.

Not to mention the fact that this is the most general "feeler" post I've ever heard of.

I'll tell you what. I've got some ocean front property in Arizona I'll trade you for these wonder rotors. PM me if interested.

Comment

Working...
                  X