neewbie needs help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

neewbie needs help

Hey guys, I bought My '89 325i a couple months ago and finally got it running right. Now I wanna get it ready for the Track, but don't know where to start can you guys help me out. This is what I have done so far:

Urethane motor mounts and trans. mounts
    M3 control arm bushings
    A/C delete
    4:10 LSD Diff.
    E36 M3 Rack

Thanks Guys

Sorry forgot to add that I'm running on basket weaves and I also have H&R sport springs and a Magnaflow muffler

Comment

look for local cca's i know there are some on the 15th and i think another date and get some real car control classes. that is worth more then any mod you can do honestly.

Comment

I totally agree. Buy some seat time. Knowing the car will also give you an idea on where you want to put your money for mods.
        Dare 2 Dream Motorsports
        sigpic

Comment

edit:i read your suspension setup.

you didnt want to go race? or it came with the car?
          ]

Comment

There's a BMWCCA auto-x at Qualcom Stadium in San Diego on May 21st. I recommend you sign up if you have the time and $$.

Besides driving time, tires are the best investment money can buy.

Comment

^ i agree.
              i just did my second track event on sunday. i invested in tires and braking power. i took off 18 seconds from my last event.
              ]

Comment

Originally posted by E30_(1st Musk)_ View Post
                edit:i read your suspension setup.

you didnt want to go race? or it came with the car?
                It came with the car, I would have bought race springs.

Thanks guys, I'll definitely look into some track days. What tires would you recommend?

Comment

Originally posted by NO SHAM3 View Post
                  It came with the car, I would have bought race springs.

Thanks guys, I'll definitely look into some track days. What tires would you recommend?
                  i say upgrade to coilovers if you have the money. im on race springs but i still have more body roll than i would like. so soon im going coilovers.

you staying with the weaves? i dont think its worth putting $100 tires on weaves
                  ]

Comment

Depends on your budget and if you have an extra set of wheels or not.

Comment

I'm probably going to stick to the weaves for a while, until I can afford an extra set of wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by NO SHAM3 View Post
                        I'm probably going to stick to the weaves for a while, until I can afford an extra set of wheels.
                        then if you dont mind spending some money on tires. people seem to like the direzza dz1 starspecs. thats what i have now
                        ]

Comment

rs3's are $150 less for a set and better for what you want them for.
                          225/45 16

Comment

Originally posted by JJ1 View Post
                            rs3's are $150 less for a set and better for what you want them for.
                            225/45 16
                            yea but remember hes staying with the weaves. rs3's are stickier but they waste real quick if you were going for a daily/track tire. and i've heard they dont tread water that great
                            ]

Comment

Ive had both. If you track regularly they both last about 6mos. The starspec lasts a bit longer but are way more expensive. The starspec is better in the wet but the rs3 is better in dry (socal). The rs3 is a wider 225 than the starspec is. And last the overall diameter of the tire will be better for an e30 with the rs3. A 45 aspect ratio vs a 50 for the starspec. All that being said, both great tires.

JJ

Comment

Working...
                              X