Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thoughts on removing numbers after track day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skafrog View Post
    Eventually, you won't want to deal with the "unwashed heathens" as Charlie so eloquently put it, so you take those numbers off ASAP.
    Charlie has numbers on his car from 2003, I think . . . :p Mine usually stay on the car until I start prepping it for the next event. I've taken them off before I leave the track sometimes, but usually by Sunday afternoon, I am fairly tired and focused on packing up my stuff, loading the trailer and such, that I really don't care about the numbers. Of course, my car, like Chuck's, sits in the garage unless it is being driven to, or at, the track.

But yeah, on a daily driven car, well . . .
    Current Cars
    2014 M235i
    2009 R56 Cooper S
    1998 M3
    1997 M3

Comment

Why the hell do you autocross guys need numbers?? You're on the track like thingy all by yourself. It is not like control needs to radio in and say "car # 16 needs assistance in turn 5". I assume it goes more like this "the car on course needs assistance between cone 48 and 49. I guess he forgot to spray down his tires between runs".

Comment

Originally posted by Moberg12 View Post
        Why the hell do you autocross guys need numbers?? You're on the track like thingy all by yourself. It is not like control needs to radio in and say "car # 16 needs assistance in turn 5". I assume it goes more like this "the car on course needs assistance between cone 48 and 49. I guess he forgot to spray down his tires between runs".
        Current Cars
        2014 M235i
        2009 R56 Cooper S
        1998 M3
        1997 M3

Comment

Mine are magnetic, so they come off when I'm done for the day

Originally posted by Moberg12 View Post
          Ever been to an SCCA Nationals event?

Comment

Working...
          X