University of VARA, driver's school Jan. 14th 15th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

University of VARA, driver's school Jan. 14th 15th

For those who are looking into getting into racing (and not just a track day), The annual Vara U. driver's school is upcoming. at $275 for the weekend it's a pretty sweet deal for instructor time.

ADAMS Autosport

Hello,

Any experience with this driving school? Do I need to writemyessay letter motivation or get an invitation to join the VARA's annual racing? I've seen an event shared on the BMW forum, the date is January 18-19, 2020. I'm a student at The University of New Orleans.
    Last edited by arthurnottheking; 09-07-2020, 01:51 AM.

Comment

I've an old 1988 BMW 325iS. My dad's car which was a graduation present. But I would like to go in for professional racing.

Comment

Originally posted by arthurnottheking View Post
        Hello,

Any experience with this driving school? Do I need an invitation to join the VARA's annual racing? I've seen an event shared on the BMW forum, the date is January 18-19, 2020. I'm a student at The University of New Orleans
        Slip that spam in again and we'll ban you...

If you're for real, they have a sign up kit. The E30 would be a good car to take for a lot of reasons but youll want to make sure its in good condition mechanically. Where are you located?

I plan to take my Datsun to it, but Ive planned to take my Datsun to several events over the last 6 months that havent panned out... Im hoping 2020 is the year
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I attended last year, it was a great learning experience with track time as well as class time. You can expect to max your car out on the skid pad, brake test and track rain or shine. It was $425 for two days of instruction with a race car driver in your car every track session.
          An elderly woman sideswiped a tire barrier all the way down the side of her car last year, but not much other carnage than that. Which reminds me, as a qualified drivers school it gets you a discount on your car insurance.

Comment

I did Vara U in 2011, great way to get into racing, and you can't find a cheaper way to do it. Everyone is pretty clean in terms of driving,

Here is a really bad video of one of my sessions.
            First session of Sunday morning at VARA University held at Buttonwillow race way. The track was really cold, a little wet and I was not all that fast.

Will
            '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
            '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
            '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
            '88 BMW M3

Comment

Working...
            X