Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My friend is better at cone dodging than am I in my own car

^^ NOT ME.

It was actually pretty cool to watch my car in action and it not be me in the car. I got to see how it handled, the speed it carried, and how much body roll it actually had....as well as fast it stopped, the way it sounded taking off, etc. All the pictures are of him running my car and me taking them, fyi.

My friend has a ton more Auto-X seat time than me, and since he's a good friend and had to sell his car when he came to college and really misses driving, I invited him to co-drive with me at Grissom. It was a great day today.

His best: 54.4 (was 55.5)
    Mine: 55.6

We didn't get all our runs in because my throttle body gasket finally took a shit and I was dropping coolant on the grid, etc. Poopy, but it made the hour drive home fine and seems to stop dripping now. I had a piece on me in my spare box to bypass the gasket completely, but we didn't have time and both have time commitments tonight and didn't want to get messy in the paddock for no reason, and didn't have any distilled water. But I solved MattE30's problem the same way and it did the job.

I have a video too of his best run.

looks like fun. So what if he beat your best time.
    Current Cars
    2014 M235i
    2009 R56 Cooper S
    1998 M3
    1997 M3

Comment

i'm not unhappy about it. i actually expected it as he's done a lot more cone dodging than I have. He's only driven my car about two times beforehand, but it was pretty easy to step in it and feel her out. He was suprised it handled more neutral than he expected.

But we both walked the course and thought corners were going to be tough, but the car made quick work of them. Only the big hairpin was tough for me, all others were simple and easy to get around. He actually had the hairpin down easy with some left-foot braking.
      Last edited by rwh11385; 10-16-2005, 07:11 PM.

Comment

:( link's dead
        ________
        Free Whole Foods Gift Cards
        Last edited by Gr00v3; 05-12-2011, 11:20 AM.

m42brigade

r3v Photo Crew: Founding Member

Originally posted by Eurospeed
        Guys like him are the reason I love it when people do things to their cars that are different. It just like anytime Karlo posts a thread with pics of his car, I love watching all the elitist pricks on this site shit their pants when they see an E30 that doesn't fit their standards.

Comment

case sensitive on file type = ghey. fixed

oh yeah. note to self: once again, do not stay up late the night before an auto-x drinking. we were both up to 3:30 am and we had to leave at 8 to drive an hour to grissom. not fun working on that little sleep.

Comment

oh yeah. a funny note. two or three people came up to me while gridding and complimented my car and asked questions about it. haha.

and a friend saw my car in the parking lot for the first time andwas excited about it (it was a night mind you) and made me take him for a ride....and he really enjoyed it and the brakes and tires.

Comment

that just proves that you still have something to learn in your own car. I've always wanted to let somebody more experienced than me take my car out and see how much faster they are than me.

as far as that coolant leak, however you do it, fix it! it will cause major problems if you don't...
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

duh Chris. but yeah, I'd recommend it. I wish people weren't dumb and took all the loaner helmets even when they weren't running anytime soon because i wanted to run both of us in the car the first couple times.

i'll fix it today in a half hour. and i had the parts to do so in the car with me at the event, just he had work, and I had a meeting so we just wanted to get back and not mess with it. cost of repair: $6.

Comment

Working...
                X