No announcement yet.

Help with some "track" modifications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because I rally-x the car, dust and dirt are also a concern. I never did make a dead pedal, and my dash modification is on hold.

My build thread is in my signature, if you want to see where the car has gone in the last year(-ish).
    Patrick Henry

1989 325iC build: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316880

Comment

My E36 is gutted, but just has a 4-point bar. I installed a dead pedal from a mustang (don't remember what year - just search eBay for "Mustang dead pedal"). It just attaches to the side kick panel, and works like a charm. I originally used the sheet metal screws that came with it, but they've started to loosen a bit. I plan to replace them with nuts/bolts, as I can access the back side through the speaker hole. I just glanced at my E30, and looks like he same set up would work well if you don't have a cage. Mine has a full cage with foot bars, so no room for a dead pedal and my size 12s.
      Cliff

Comment

Originally posted by CPP View Post
        My E36 is gutted, but just has a 4-point bar. I installed a dead pedal from a mustang (don't remember what year - just search eBay for "Mustang dead pedal"). It just attaches to the side kick panel, and works like a charm. I originally used the sheet metal screws that came with it, but they've started to loosen a bit. I plan to replace them with nuts/bolts, as I can access the back side through the speaker hole. I just glanced at my E30, and looks like he same set up would work well if you don't have a cage. Mine has a full cage with foot bars, so no room for a dead pedal and my size 12s.
        Cliff
        I'll take a look at those. Thank you!
        Patrick Henry

1989 325iC build: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316880

Comment

Originally posted by kingston View Post
          Bumping an old thread. I realize that the OP has probably already moved past these issues, but maybe other people will see this at some point. I'm doing a manual window conversion for my track car. Manual window parts are all still available new, although they will likely have to sip from Germany. .
          I got my manual windows from the UK, FWIW. Easier to find them in English :) I have a 4-door, and I got a full set for about $100 + shipping..
          Stage rally/rallycross e30 build/competition journal
          Track/street e21 build
          visit Condor Speed Shop
          visit Motorsport Hardware

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"] 1985 318i/M50 Rally Car - 1988 Porsche 924S - 2005 Sequoia tow pig - 2018 GTI

Comment

You will find that when you go to town on your dash and relocating or changing switches that the standard harness is a massive rats nest.

I say if you have some time pull the entire harness, mount it inside the cabin (as you did say you were planning on caging the car) and plug in the plugs you need, and strip all the extra wiring out.

Unless you get fedup like I did and ditched the entire lot, and rewired with simpler circuits and less interlinked circuits. Figure it will be easier to trouble shoot in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by irish44j View Post
              I got my manual windows from the UK, FWIW. Easier to find them in English :) I have a 4-door, and I got a full set for about $100 + shipping..
              That's about what my set cost, too. And they're arriving on Friday :)
              Originally posted by LJ851
              kingston is the play by play announcer for this thread.
              ‘Tis by the grace of God that my cars run!

Originally posted by unloadedak
              #teamross
              Siobhan's Build Thread - UPDATED!

Comment

Working...
              X