Need Advice on Eliminating Body Roll *Tight Budget*

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • jntar
    replied
    Event this Sunday. I'm anxious to see if I can get closer to that Celica All-Trac and 2013 Mustang 5.0 GT that are in my class.

    Leave a comment:


  • 96Formula6spd
    replied
    Since he got it right they were saturn sawtooth wheels.

    Leave a comment:


  • 96Formula6spd
    replied
    Originally posted by Nsquared97
    ^My otherwise stock suspension '87 is responded very well to a big front bar. What wheels are those on your Miata?
    That's the fun part. I make everyone take three guesses. They are a stock wheel though. 15x6.

    Leave a comment:


  • Nsquared97
    replied
    ^My otherwise stock suspension '87 is responded very well to a big front bar. What wheels are those on your Miata?

    Leave a comment:


  • 96Formula6spd
    replied
    I would vote a front sway bar. I did one on the my miata and it was a world of difference. Rwd car like a bigger front bar. My miata is on stock springs still and I am able to get close with the driver mod to the fast guys on the str miata setup. Thats what I would do right now.

    Side note enjoy this miata body roll. Should be enjoying the e30 soon.


    Leave a comment:


  • yeaseth
    replied
    GC kit will do it, I dont know what You can do for 300 bucks that you dont already have. I would say bushings would help a ton. but the springs from Ground control you could get for 300 bucks even though you wouldnt have the proper dampeners to match it would help temporarily.

    Leave a comment:


  • Nsquared97
    replied
    Just about any weight reduction will kick him out of STX. You are allowed to do lighter seats, but with mounts they have to weigh a minimum of 25 lbs.

    Leave a comment:


  • petrolhead
    replied
    "Eliminating Body Roll *Tight Budget*"

    Make it lighter anyway you possibly can. Big things, little things, everything. It all adds up and will reduce tendency to roll. After that, whatever else you do to minimize roll, will give more results (, compared to doing the same mods on a heavier car).

    Leave a comment:


  • Nsquared97
    replied
    To be quite honest, until you start going to BIG events (Match Tours, Divisionals) and kicking everyone's butt, very few people would care about a different rack. But at the same time I am all for honest, clean racing.

    Leave a comment:


  • jntar
    replied
    Couple things.

    1)I do qualify for STX. Since making this thread I did further research on the non ZF rack I bought. It was from advanced autoparts and the part number matches the ones they sell for the '91. I looked up some pics and the lines are run in the exact way the stock ZF rack I had were and have also measured the LTL turn and its around 3.8 LTL (this was done crudely, but still done).
    I then went to our SCCA tech and was cleared to run, I didn't with hold the information of the rack and they measured and checked it also.

    2)The bigger front bar with stock rear bar made a huge improvement on the cars handling and gave no ill effects thus far. I dont see the need for a rear bar. IMO it would not help the car any.

    Leave a comment:


  • Daeldalus
    replied
    not trying to mess you up or anything but OP's car does not qualify for STX because you are not allowed to change your steering rack to any other unit.

    plus i have always heard that for AutoX you should not use a bigger sway rear bar because of oversteer issues so???? or is it better to keep both bars fairly well matched?

    Leave a comment:


  • Nsquared97
    replied
    Very cool man, keep it up. I can't wait to for coils and to move into STX.

    Leave a comment:


  • jntar
    replied


    Put up a run .3 off first




    Leave a comment:


  • jntar
    replied
    Progress being made with the new setup and gaining experience as a driver.

    3/2/13


    4/7/13


    5/19/13

    Leave a comment:


  • jntar
    replied
    Originally posted by freeride53
    Please post back with updates! This thread is extremely relevant to me.
    So far with spirited street/mountain driving the three upgrades I made are night and day difference (better). I have a two day autocross event this weekend I will be running in. Saturday is test and tune, Sunday is race day. I'll post back next week with more thoughts.



    On another note. When I was under the car installing the sway bar I noticed that I have the offset CABS. I must have somehow overlooked this originally.

    Leave a comment:

Working...