• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some video from the start of the race on Sunday

36th -> ~15th

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nq4vjGiPmoI
    Ben
    Thelma-Louise, the '88is Chump Car - back to M20 power!

2014 ChumpCar Season Schedule!
    April 5-6 Autobahn, IL - Sat: 1st! Sun: 3rd
    May23-25 Watkins Glen, NY: 4th, 5th, 4th
    October 4 PittRace Sprints: 2nd in C-class
    October 18-19 NCM, Bowling Green KY: 2nd, 1st!
    Nov 1-2 Watkins Glen - Chumpionship - 1st car to exit the race with significant body damage :(

Find us on FB! Schaut Speed Motorsports

Comment

Yikes. 2:18 in an E30? Isn't the SpecE30 record at WGI a 2:24?

Great job turning 2:24s!

Originally posted by whysimon
      WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Congrats on the podium! I drove final stint in the #80 325i on Saturday, fourth stint on Sunday. First time out for the car/us, we did okay considering...

Sunday should have been our day, I know we could have been in the top ten if our opening driver (who you passed @4:04 in the vid :)) had kept it on the track. He went off in the laces (chute) about an hour in, got stuck in the mud and couldn't get back on without a tow. By the time I got in (fourth stint) we were on 5 1/2 cylinders, but I managed to keep it in the 2.27s-29s. Pretty sure I could have gotten into the 25s if they kept me in the car a little longer; I was losing time in the laces and the left hander coming out of the boot.

We managed to finish twenty-somethingth after being back at 65th after the off track incident. Again, not bad for the car's/our first race (but dammit, what might have been!). Had a blast though, can't wait for the next one.

Oh yeah, any idea who made the trophies? Those things were badass! Any artist's name on the bottom or something? I'd like to buy one of his pieces if I can.
        '84 318i - Lapisblau/Schwarz (in cryosleep)
        '06 330i - Titansilber/Schwarz

Comment

Working...
        X