Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fooshe View Post
    Answer: A view of the ocean.

I never noticed it until we had a yellow flag lap.
    No shit? Drove there once and I was too concentrated on looking down through the corner to notice, maybe I'll snatch a ride along and look for that next time, haha.
    sigpic

Always chasin'

Comment

I've been on it a couple of times. LSR is a technical, high HP track. Still, I have only driven it my Miata.

The sound requirements are some of the toughest I've seen. The track itself is fun, but really are there many that are boring? Personally, I like Infineon more, and Thunderhill. The West Coast tracks don't have the personality of the East Coast tracks like Road Atlanta or VIR. Just my opinion, whatever that's worth.

Turn 5 and 6 at LSR are where I find the best passing for my style. I am surprised how slow some cars are through 5. Turn 6 in a Miata is literally flat out, accelerator flat on the floor. Dive it in, clip the inner curbing, let the car drift out (4 wheels) and you will *just* clip the outer curbing while exiting. The climb up the hill in T7a/b is where the aggressiveness in 6 allows you to pass. So many drivers are so caught up in being in the correct spot for T7, they lift or brake a little early for it, giving me a little space up that hill to pass them. You don't see T7, you just know it's there. On the Miata, I would try to be a minimum of 3-5 ft from either side at the entry, turn left, wait for the negative G and look right. I found if you turn right in sync with the return of gravity, you stay out of the gravel. Let the suspension compress, hold the turn (stick the wheel once and hold it) and flatout on the accelerator by the time the car reaches it's maximum suspension compression. Exhale.

It's fun. Computer games offer no such thrill, just an idea of the line you should take.
      '88 325is
      Alpinweiss

Comment

A GT-R wrecked pretty badly during this track day (and my run group). I found some footage of it (at the end):

Dude was clocked at 130 over the crest in the back straight. He would have straight-up PLOWED through those guys in the SE-R. Claimed brake failure.

Comment

Jesus, i didnt know it was that close. I remember seeing the car go off in my mirror but didnt remember the sentra. Also didnt know it was turboed.

Fun watching my lines tho from the sentra haha.
          2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
          95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
          98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
            A GT-R wrecked pretty badly during this track day (and my run group). I found some footage of it (at the end):

Dude was clocked at 130 over the crest in the back straight. He would have straight-up PLOWED through those guys in the SE-R. Claimed brake failure.
            Dude couldn't drive.

Ive been in a r35 doing 130-135 entering andretti hairpin every lap; car is marvelous and doesnt always use brakes to slow down. Turn 5 it can go in hot around 85mph and exit around 70mph; the super duper awd just man handles the ground to slow the car

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
            OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

Damn, that was close!
              Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

lol

"good job bro"

I think in-car commentary between passenger and driver is always the best at a trackday
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X