Brake Bias Valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brake Bias Valve

Finally heading out to the track in September and its time to start getting the car ready.

I'd like to install a brake bias valve in place of the factory piece beside the brake booster.

I'm looking at several valves but not sure what to purchase. I'm more concerned with how I'm going to mate the valve to the factory lines. Whats the pitch on them?

A few of the valves I'm considering:

Wilwood 1/8" NPT

OBP 3/8-24

Tilton Metric - This looks like what I need...

Tilton 3AN & 3/16"

What do you fellow racers suggest?
    IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Looks like I might have answered my own question...

Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

So technically this should bolt up right?

Comment

Denis,

Have you tried running a more aggressive rear pad to help with the bias instead? Like pfc 01's and 06's or 08's Or dtc60/70
      -Build http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=295277

Comment

It's a metric thread (M10x1), if that was what you're asking about.

Comment

Note, you'll have to re hardline the rear to the bias valve...you can buy brake line with either metric or SAE fittings...and you can put one of each at each end of a line...makes things easier.

Comment

I had wilwood one with M10 threads. Don't think Wilwood sell it anymore.

anyway, i just took out the factory bias valve and put the adjustable unit down there. No need to make new lines. I can reach it from top to make adjustment.

Ideally adjuster should be somewhere driver can access at all time to make adjustable easily.

Comment

Originally posted by FLG View Post
              Denis,

Have you tried running a more aggressive rear pad to help with the bias instead? Like pfc 01's and 06's or 08's Or dtc60/70
              Yep. I've experimented with all sorts of stuff. Its time to step it up a knotch to dial this fucker in so I can finally get more than a days worth outta my pads!!

Originally posted by petrolhead View Post
              It's a metric thread (M10x1), if that was what you're asking about.
              YES! Thank you man.

Originally posted by liquidgroove View Post
              I had wilwood one with M10 threads. Don't think Wilwood sell it anymore.

anyway, i just took out the factory bias valve and put the adjustable unit down there. No need to make new lines. I can reach it from top to make adjustment.

Ideally adjuster should be somewhere driver can access at all time to make adjustable easily.
              Perfect. I would love to bring it into the cabin but I think leaving it in the factory location will be fine.

Thanks guys. Going to order this guy soon.

Comment

I typically don't like just posting links (especially for someone I work for). But.....

Threaded for BMW metric 10mm x 1.0mm lines.
                ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Originally posted by SkiFree View Post
                  I typically don't like just posting links (especially for someone I work for). But.....

Threaded for BMW metric 10mm x 1.0mm lines.
                  http://www.iemotorsport.com/bmw/E30-brakes/wwvalve.html
                  Woah. That's about half the cost! Any significant differences between the two?

Comment

Keep us posted with results with whatever valve you end up getting.
                    Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by dude8383 View Post
                      Woah. That's about half the cost! Any significant differences between the two?
                      Well.... no easily discernible differences that I can see. Most our shop race cars use it along with who knows how many 2002/E30 track cars out there. Probably sold a couple hundred over the last several years.
                      ADAMS Autosport

Comment

I used it in the 2002 before I did a bias bar... worked fine.

Need to put it into the E30, since it really doesn't like braking going down hills over bumps...

t
                        now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
                          Keep us posted with results with whatever valve you end up getting.
                          Will do! Waiting till next month before I start making the big purchases.

Originally posted by SkiFree View Post
                          Well.... no easily discernible differences that I can see. Most our shop race cars use it along with who knows how many 2002/E30 track cars out there. Probably sold a couple hundred over the last several years.
                          Gotcha. Thats what I needed to know! I'll be in touch at the end of the month :)

Originally posted by TobyB View Post
                          I used it in the 2002 before I did a bias bar... worked fine.

Need to put it into the E30, since it really doesn't like braking going down hills over bumps...

t
                          Awesome, thanks for your input!

Comment

Working...
                          X