Lola Goes Autocrossing

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • agent
    replied
    I was the only E30 present at this one.

    Leave a comment:


  • chondamx
    replied
    Were you faster than that "other" E30? I passed him on my bike today and chuckled to myself.

    Leave a comment:


  • Gary Horneck
    replied
    Yes I am, Huntsville. Our next event will be at the old airport. I also run up to Tullahoma, TN to run at the Tri-Lake events.

    Leave a comment:


  • agent
    replied
    I have to say I was absolutely not a fan of the start line immediately followed by a 100+ degree turn. Especially after I suggested they combine the S/F line (and heard "hey that's a good idea" in the background from someone in the trailer over the radio...) to help with timing when the electronic system failed.

    Are you in North Alabama Gary? I'm going to come down to Huntsville and run at the old airport sometime.

    Leave a comment:


  • Gary Horneck
    replied
    Nice course. I have to make it up there to compete with you guys before the season ends.

    Leave a comment:


  • squidmaster
    replied
    those look like some fun courses!

    Leave a comment:


  • agent
    replied
    My best run of the day today. Timing and scoring was being done manually (on cell phones!) today since they couldn't get the issues resolved with the electronic equipment...

    Leave a comment:


  • stinkydriverx
    replied
    I love e30's but that gc has my soul. Glad to see your out there in the car though!

    Leave a comment:


  • agent
    replied
    I saw Greg - the Subaru owner - at Cars & Coffee last weekend. He said for this weekend's event it will be making a little more power than last time (great...) and that he plans to sell it by the end of the year to move on to the next project.

    Here's another article on it:

    Leave a comment:


  • chondamx
    replied
    Car looks sweet, Chris! Also, I'll just leave this here...http://www.rs25.com/forums/f128/t185...swap-stid.html

    Leave a comment:


  • agent
    replied
    I was so excited to know I was going to get through run #5 without the car bogging down, I was admittedly over-aggressive. Thanks for the pointers!

    Leave a comment:


  • Wh33lhop
    replied
    Watched the video. You could probably be a bit faster by focusing less on shifting and more on your line and being smooth. Every time you downshift to first to come out of one of those hairpins you unsettle the car, it can't put the power down out of the corner and then you waste more time nudging the rev limiter and shifting. Sliding slows you down, focus on carrying more speed smoothly through those hairpins.

    Edit: watched mo' video, #7 seemed much better in those sections.
    Last edited by Wh33lhop; 08-15-2013, 11:24 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • agent
    replied
    Originally posted by Wh33lhop
    Yesss. Glad to see it kicking ass!
    I was waiting for you to comment. :mrgreen:

    Leave a comment:


  • Ether-D
    replied
    I once finished backwards at Music city raceway. There's a video somewhere...

    Leave a comment:


  • Wh33lhop
    replied
    Yesss. Glad to see it kicking ass!

    Leave a comment:

Working...