Grabbed a GoPro for Today's Sebring DE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grabbed a GoPro for Today's Sebring DE

I snagged a gopro off of Craigslist yesterday just in time to do a couple vids at Today's PCA DE. Another successful track day in the little E30!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTaXbxIJJko&feature=youtu.be

A different angle:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41k8AakRqE4&feature=em-upload_owner
    S50'd

Originally posted by TDE30
    What is this faggy shit I have happened upon?
    Originally posted by slammin.e28
    I can always live in a M3. Can't M3 a house.

The S50 gives that some considerable getup!
    Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Nice. I really want to run Sebring one day.
      Last edited by agent; 09-22-2013, 07:19 PM. Reason: typo
      Originally posted by kronus
      would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

sweet! looks like a lot of fun
        saw some nice cornering, too ;)

Comment

Originally posted by ELVA164 View Post
          The S50 gives that some considerable getup!
          yeah, its pretty decent. I usually surprise several of the Porsche guys. Of course the GT3s and such still scream by without a care.
          S50'd

Comment

Camera angle in first video is pretty much identical to the view I use playing Forza. In other words this was AWESOME to watch. That looks like so much fun. Track looks quite taxing on suspension though, pretty torn up in areas.
            1991 325i - "Scambles" The Daily Driven lightly modded.
            1988 Mazda RX-7 TII "Mako" The Free Dorito
            bacon by Jared Laabs, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by AwakenNoMore View Post
              Camera angle in first video is pretty much identical to the view I use playing Forza. In other words this was AWESOME to watch. That looks like so much fun. Track looks quite taxing on suspension though, pretty torn up in areas.

Sebring is known for being quite rough, and it is! Turn 17 exit is fast and bumpy - and a little scary. I saw a guy wearing a T-shirt yesterday that said, "Turn 17 at Sebring is the wildest corner in North America" -Andy Lally
              S50'd

Comment

about damn time. I've been wanting to see videos of your car in action for a while now haha. How much does your car weigh and what diff are you using?

Mount the camera in your car next time, we all love in-car videos!!
                sigpic

Comment

The car weighs 2630 without driver and I'm using a 3.25 diff with the stock G260 transmission. I will try to get some in car footage next time.
                  S50'd

Comment

Originally posted by Lof8 View Post
                    The car weighs 2630 without driver and I'm using a 3.25 diff with the stock G260 transmission. I will try to get some in car footage next time.
                    full interior and sound insulation? I'm around 2700 (no driver) with the VSR roll bar and full interior/sound insulation. Any stories or videos keeping up with other cars? I'm hoping to keep up with my S2000 friends here in California
                    sigpic

Comment

Nice driving! I like the first angle, those porsches looked nice driving by.

Comment

Originally posted by robgoesvroom View Post
                        full interior and sound insulation? I'm around 2700 (no driver) with the VSR roll bar and full interior/sound insulation. Any stories or videos keeping up with other cars? I'm hoping to keep up with my S2000 friends here in California
                        I've removed the rear seats, rear carpet, and trunk tar. Its got lightweight front seats, but other than those things, the interior and insulation is intact. 944 turbos, boxsters, and earlier 911s are my usual closely-paced cars. I got a couple point-bys from an e46 M3 this weekend. My car handles the tight corners really well and I can gain ground on most people through the twisties, however, the high power cars just pull away on the straights - making those drivers think they're "faster".

To this point, I have only run at the track with the Porsche club. I will be doing a NASA event sometime soon and will have a much wider variety of cars to play with.
                        S50'd

Comment

Yep, i took a Bertil Roos driving course and they said fast doesnt mean good. Anyone can push a pedal. I should take another course, that was fun! Good luck OP

Comment

Working...
                          X