Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
    Jeez, how many cones did you mow down? :p
    All of them. Is that not what you're supposed to do?

The video isn't loading for me so I can't confirm, but I think I only got one on this run. My other 2 runs were clean, but this was my fastest if you don't count that pesky 2 seconds for the cone.

I did ride with a guy for a couple runs at the event before this where he was credited with 5+ on each run, and I think timing just couldn't keep up with the cone calls. He wasn't trying to hit them all, but he was. It was painful, even from the passenger seat.
    88 325is - S52 powered

Originally posted by King Arthur
    We'll not risk another frontal assault, that rabbit's dynamite!

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerputzer View Post
      This was a fun one :)

[YOUTUBE]GSFHgmkc9jQ[YOUTUBE]
      Well driven, looks fun dude. Big ass slide mighta slowed you down a touch though. ;)

My codriver just bought an EF civic SI built for STC. I would have taken the class in this enduro if the (autozone) brakes hadn't failed on the last corner and DNF'd me. Fun little car, this is the first time I set foot in it and it only took me a corner or two to feel comfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
        Well driven, looks fun dude. Big ass slide mighta slowed you down a touch though. ;)

My codriver just bought an EF civic SI built for STC. I would have taken the class in this enduro if the (autozone) brakes hadn't failed on the last corner and DNF'd me. Fun little car, this is the first time I set foot in it and it only took me a corner or two to feel comfortable.
        Thanks! Yeah it definitely killed the time a little but such fun.

Man that enduro looks like a blast. I was like oh no wtf when you went off course, what a bummer!

I've heard the EF's are great cars. Easy to drive fast and consistant.

Comment

Fast ass course. 3rd twice. The uneven pavement made going flat out in third around the sweeper a little interesting. This is my fastest run by a half second but yet the most boring.

Comment

Ugly, with no traction and no confidence in the car, but it sounds good. My friend beat me by .004 in a m20 stroker with similar suspension and better tires

Last edited by Jb325is; 12-09-2014, 06:41 AM.
            - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

tinkerputzer wrote:
              Fast ass course. 3rd twice. The uneven pavement made going flat out in third around the sweeper a little interesting.
              We've been running Porsche Club events the last few years on an old Naval Airfield. Those folks enjoy "spirited" courses and my 325is with 3.73 gears routinely runs out of revs three to eight times a run. A typical run will require 3rd at least twice. On one course last year, once I got into 3rd on the second corner, I never went back down. A one minute course entirely in third. That was entertaining. My little E30 (in 3rd gear) was rather badly outgunned by the Porsches. I couldn't quite keep within 3 seconds of FTD, but it was fun.
              For their typical brisk courses, the 3.73 is the lowest gear that would work with the stock M20. Two of my friends have tried the 4.10 but were disappointed. They're great on tighter courses but not the PCA events.
              Were I interested in actually competing, I would probably like to try something a little taller for their courses. But, for me the 3.73 is pretty great for street and for giggles.
              Last edited by dmmai; 01-04-2015, 06:33 PM.
              1990 E30 325is
              Alpinweiss
              H&R Cup Kit Suspension + IE Adjustable Sway Bars + GC Camber Plates
              RD Strut Brace + Turner Cross-Drilled Rotors + Porterfield Pads
              2002 E39 540i M-Sport
              2013 F25 X3 28i 2.0T
              2015 F36 428xi G.C. M-Sport

Comment

Yeah 3.73 with a g260 is a good compromise. PCA courses are always super wide open to let them stretch their legs. I'm usually neck and neck with other cars with similar power and weight and prep but the gt3 and z06 that are on hoosiers always blow us away. SCCA courses at the same venue are much more balanced and challenging and usually never see 3rd. I wasn't too happy with my driving that day. Just couldn't put a fast run together.

Comment

Autox season has to have started for everybody. Post up those videos!

Now a 318ti

Comment

From Daytona CFR SCCA event this past weekend. '89 325i/S52.
                    https://youtu.be/D9c9tu8S7M4

Comment

Not my best driving.

Now a 318ti

Comment

Originally posted by wingnut1961 View Post
                        From Daytona CFR SCCA event this past weekend. '89 325i/S52.
                        https://youtu.be/D9c9tu8S7M4
                        Karting track! That looks so fun!

Comment

Not so good runs on a old concrete runway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccFCey-SekA

Comment

From earlier this month. Came in first in my class and second fastest BMW overall against every generation of M car.

This is with RS-3 Version 2's

sigpic
                            1991 318is S52
                            1987 325i Vert
                            1991 325i
                            2011 e70 X5

Need Anything E30? -> http://www.gutenparts.com/

Comment

STR S2000... I think I edged out a GT academy winner with the 4th run but I'm not sure yet

Comment

I'm surprised how little steering angle you need for that car to turn. Guess I'm used to the slow E36 rack.

Now a 318ti

Comment

Working...
                                X