Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lof8 View Post
    ^ on screen telemetry is sweet!
    The data acquisition is amazing. Reviewing at home either later in the day or the next day is incredibly revealing. That was my best run time-wise and I thought it was the best overall, but when comparing to some earlier runs I found that halfway through the run I was 0.75 seconds behind and made up more than 1 second on the last half, having made two changes to my my approach to that section. I've only had it working for 2 events, but I am already hooked.
    88 325is - S52 powered

Originally posted by King Arthur
    We'll not risk another frontal assault, that rabbit's dynamite!

Comment

Oh my, this won't be good!

Screen Shot 2014-09-12 at 5.24.13 AM by ericandshovin, on Flickr

oh wait, we're all good here.

Screen Shot 2014-09-12 at 5.24.47 AM by ericandshovin, on Flickr
      My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Bullet Ride View Post
        Here's one from Sunday. There's a few mistakes but it was good for 2nd fastest raw time I believe.

Glad you're enjoying your ride, bullet. So jealous of your set up. Sounds great!
        sigpic

Comment

Understeer is never good

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
            Understeer is never good
            Not really my problem, haha!

Comment

Hey fellas, so after several years of owning E30s, I finally did my first autocross! I had a complete blast and definitely learned a lot. After reviewing all the videos I took, there is definitely a lot of time still left on the course. Looks like I will have to become a regular attendee and work on this driving :D. I went out with Agent (you can see/hear Lola right at the beginning) and Sideways87 and we all ran great. Open to criticism!

'91 318is M52 Turbo (in pieces)

Comment

Whoops! Never mind...
                Last edited by agent; 09-17-2014, 05:37 AM.
                Originally posted by kronus
                would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by chondamx View Post
                  Hey fellas, so after several years of owning E30s, I finally did my first autocross! I had a complete blast and definitely learned a lot. After reviewing all the videos I took, there is definitely a lot of time still left on the course. Looks like I will have to become a regular attendee and work on this driving :D. I went out with Agent (you can see/hear Lola right at the beginning) and Sideways87 and we all ran great. Open to criticism!

The best advice that comes to mind is to calm down for the tighter stuff. Aggression is good, but only when it's controlled aggression and doled out in the right places. You came in too hot to a lot of the tight corners and then just cranked on the wheel... focus more on smoothly guiding the car in the line that you want to take instead of going as fast as you can and keeping the car on the course. Then add aggression as necessary where you feel you can.

Remember, it's better to brake a little early and nail the exit than brake a bit late and blow your apex.

Comment

Here's me and Lola on the same course. This was my first time on the Azenis so I'm still feeling them out. I flat-spotted the right front on my first run going on to the final corner, which I totally blew. This is my "finally broke 0:40" run:

...and here's Gary Horneck in his '11 335i:

Originally posted by kronus
                    would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
                      The best advice that comes to mind is to calm down for the tighter stuff. Aggression is good, but only when it's controlled aggression and doled out in the right places. You came in too hot to a lot of the tight corners and then just cranked on the wheel... focus more on smoothly guiding the car in the line that you want to take instead of going as fast as you can and keeping the car on the course. Then add aggression as necessary where you feel you can.

Remember, it's better to brake a little early and nail the exit than brake a bit late and blow your apex.
                      Thanks for the advice! I didn't really realize how bad I was cooking it until I pulled the videos. Watching Chris' run, he obviously did a MUCH better job in those two tight corners...as evident by his consistently three second faster laps . I'm coming for you, broseph.
                      '91 318is M52 Turbo (in pieces)

Comment

Comment

This is my best run from this weekend. It wasn't a normal competition in that this was a two day event, largely club against club. All of the autox regions from North and South Carolina join in, and the top 10 PAX times from each club are totaled and the collective lowest time wins. There is actually a large trophy that goes around and is held by the club that wins until the next year, and a lot of trash talking associated. They still do individual trophies, but it's secondary to the club competition. It's a lot of fun, and has a different atmosphere than most other Solo competitions.

As for the run itself, I was trying out a new sway bar setup and I wasn't entirely comfortable with the handling. The car was actually a lot more stable than I was used to so I was still trying to figure out the limits. I dropped a couple seconds across the 3 runs, but still easily had 1-2 seconds left on course. I was also surprised by the amount of grip given that I'm on NT01's and the ambient temp was only about 60*. Oh well, it's all part of the learning process.

88 325is - S52 powered

Originally posted by King Arthur
                          We'll not risk another frontal assault, that rabbit's dynamite!

Comment

I like to whore out my videos. 50 degree weather + rain + 500 treadwear all-seasons = fun. Not my best driving but I didn't expect to be competitive with what I was driving, ended up 7/11 in STX.

Now a 318ti

Comment

Originally posted by matthugie View Post
                              This is my best run from this weekend. It wasn't a normal competition in that this was a two day event, largely club against club. All of the autox regions from North and South Carolina join in, and the top 10 PAX times from each club are totaled and the collective lowest time wins. There is actually a large trophy that goes around and is held by the club that wins until the next year, and a lot of trash talking associated. They still do individual trophies, but it's secondary to the club competition. It's a lot of fun, and has a different atmosphere than most other Solo competitions.

As for the run itself, I was trying out a new sway bar setup and I wasn't entirely comfortable with the handling. The car was actually a lot more stable than I was used to so I was still trying to figure out the limits. I dropped a couple seconds across the 3 runs, but still easily had 1-2 seconds left on course. I was also surprised by the amount of grip given that I'm on NT01's and the ambient temp was only about 60*. Oh well, it's all part of the learning process.

Jeez, how many cones did you mow down? :p

Comment

This was a fun one :)

Comment

Working...
                                X