The r3v autocross video thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tinkerputzer View Post
    What makes a course specific to miatas and boxters? A little on the tight side?
    Yeah, a lot on the tight side. Part of it stems from the venues that the local SCCA chapter seems to be restricted to here, though the courses I've driven thus far seem to have been designed with those cars in mind.

Originally posted by kronus
    would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Very wide open course today at El Toro, saw third gear three times. 85 degree's and sunny, made for a fun day. Hopefully my inputs are closer to square waves :)

Comment

sigpic
        "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

sigpic
          "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

This weekend's Spokes autocross used nearly the whole track at Harris Hill Road in Texas. I was a hair from touching the rev limiter in 3rd. I couldn't compete with the high horsepower cars, but I'm pretty happy with my 88.0. My goal was to better 90 seconds, and I did it twice.

Autocross, Forza style.

91 318is Members' Rides Thread

Comment

Very wide open course today at El Toro, saw third gear three times. 85 degree's and sunny, made for a fun day. Hopefully my inputs are closer to square waves :)

Looks better. Hard to do full square waves in a third gear slalom :p

Comment

Super jelly of you guys and your fast ass courses. I codrove both my cars on R888s today on a super tight course. Had some fun bits but that's about all I can say about it. No spectacular driving since well, it's hard to do anything but understeer and roll your eyes at 20mph.

E46 (50.9 and sloppy driving)

E30 (48.8 but gopro batteries dead, here's a 49.2 with some more sloppy driving)

God super tight courses are annoying. Even in the E30. You could point out that it's still a driving skill to navigate a tight course, but honestly it's just not fun.

Comment

what the hell is with the sea of cones? At that point it's just visually distracting!
                  2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                  95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                  98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

And a waste of time setting up. Don't tell me... tell UFO. :\

Comment

Yea, no wonder Justin left. That's not worth 3hrs of driving for.
                      2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                      95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                      98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Hard to do full square waves in a third gear slalom
                        Would you say that is due to not being as close to the limit as you would be in second? The typical slalom spacing with PCA is around 25 steps which, for my car to be going as fast as i should in second, means banging the revlimiter though it. I also think that is part of what my problem was in the past is not wanting to be on the limiter through it thus going to third before it this time.

God super tight courses are annoying. Even in the E30. You could point out that it's still a driving skill to navigate a tight course, but honestly it's just not fun.
                        what the hell is with the sea of cones? At that point it's just visually distracting!
                        Plus you have to keep you driving line with in the freeking perimeter cones. Waste of time setting back up when they get hit. BMWCCA autocrosses down here are set up like that.

That was nice driving in the e30! At around :29 what did you do to initiate the slide/rotation? Lift then steering input?

i'm guessing co-driver = dead weight lol

Comment

Gah I am jelly of you guys already running, my car is still under a snowbank. Nice driving Wh33lhop, especially considering the craptastic course design, that was painful from here.

Comment

Wow, that's an insane number of cones! It really keeps the course tight, and agree about those designs. Do you guys get to see course maps before the events are run?
                            88 325is - S52 powered

Originally posted by King Arthur
                            We'll not risk another frontal assault, that rabbit's dynamite!

Comment

Yeah they let you see the course map and walk it beforehand, it's just not very fun... Fun for me is putting power down and balancing the car through the right line at high speed, not a quick transition from 20mph left to 20mph right... That is just stupid.

Would you say that is due to not being as close to the limit as you would be in second?
                              Pretty much. At higher speed the car is more unstable and the weight transfer from flinging it around will be more of a detriment to your times. Depends on the car but it takes a lot more stones to do at 70 than at 40 :p

That was nice driving in the e30! At around :29 what did you do to initiate the slide/rotation? Lift then steering input?

i'm guessing co-driver = dead weight lol
                              Thanks, that run was fun but again pretty sloppy. I lifted and tossed it in, then rolled back on it as it started to round the apex. It slid a bit more than I was hoping for, lol.. I think the 48.8 was much cleaner around there.

Yeah my poor codriver was the dead weight that got dumped.
                              Last edited by Wh33lhop; 03-10-2014, 10:21 AM.

Comment

I'll throw one of my vids from last year with my new E30 into the mix!

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |

Comment

Working...
                                X