The r3v autocross video thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eric View Post
    Got the idea from your vids! Have you been on Laguna seca yet???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yea, last April. Thought I showed you the vid? I'll bump the Mountain thread, it's a fun vid.

Friends are going this weekend but my car's not ready and I don't have a job lined up yet. Finally done with school for good as of whenever I turn in this take home final.
    2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
    95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
    98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Think you'll stay in CA, move to wherever you get a job, or come back to CO and look for work here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Come on guys, take it to PM.

I've always liked the sunroof view, I would suggest mounting it lower, just on top of the roof, and back a bit further, to see more of the driver's view. But that's just me.

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post

I've always liked the sunroof view, I would suggest mounting it lower, just on top of the roof, and back a bit further, to see more of the driver's view. But that's just me.
          Mine was with a gopro 1, so not much for aiming. I'd like it lower too.

Here is another one when the M5 was on RS3's.
          My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
            Think you'll stay in CA, move to wherever you get a job, or come back to CO and look for work here?
            Wherever I get a job, honestly. CA at least till July, then CO if nothing has appeared.

2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
            95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
            98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

A little fun with a friend in the car:

Comment

Nice dude, what a course! You are super aggressive but if you are going for times you are probably overdriving a bit. Hard to see exactly what is going on in that course due to overexposure; if you want to use that camera angle try holding a white index car up to the gopro as you start it to trick it into using less exposure time, so we can see the course :p
                Thanks, yeah haha, I tend to overdrive a lot at AutoX. Choppy steering inputs, and steering with the throttle are my character traits. In a real track setting, I am pretty much the opposite though, weird how that works!

For your tip on the overexposure, you mean hold up a white paper or something bright to it when it turns on? Hmm... I gotta try that!

Originally posted by tinkerputzer View Post
                craz azn didn't see much of the coarse but your form looks great!
                Thanks man!! :)

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |

Comment

I tried mounting the GoPro to the sunroof like I've seen in this thread a couple times. I like it! I just need to figure out how to get the mirror to block less while still allowing a passenger.

Tricky course today and very low traction. I didn't do too great, but it's seat time.

91 318is Members' Rides Thread

Comment

Awesome course today. With a few more runs i think i could have cleaned things up a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerputzer View Post
                      Awesome course today. With a few more runs i think i could have cleaned things up a bit.

El toro is my favorite venue. Almost made it down today but couldnt get out there in time. Ill look for you at the next few. I either drive my sti of my IS.

Looked like a good course.

Comment

Dude that course is awesome! I WISH we had courses like that up here!

This isn't exactly autocross, but my weekend was a bit more dangerous :)

Comment

Thunderhill Nate?
                          Originally posted by kronus
                          would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Yep :)

The two fastest laps where I was ballsiest were cut off as the gopro ran out of batteries :( there is still time on the table if I can go truly flat through 8 and carry more speed through 9 and 11. I had to really nail most corners to get the 2:13s but I'm sure a 2:11 or 2:10 is there with a really ballsy talented driver, it's just really hard for me to keep my foot planted when I'm turning in at 100mph on stock suspension, lol. I can trail brake 1 at 110 no problem but my brain just won't let me keep it flat through 8 jumping berms at 100 headed for a ditch. Perhaps in the next few visits if they happen.
                            Last edited by Wh33lhop; 03-24-2014, 08:43 AM.

Comment

Last time I was out there was for one of the NASA 25 hours I crewed (2006). It looks even better with the improvements and layout changes since. I've been a passenger but never driven it. One day...
                              Originally posted by kronus
                              would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

My e30 with blown struts and all seasons with an auto.

Me driving: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YCGJath8G8

My buddy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGpWYp3aanE
                                He sold his WRX and was in the market for an STi at the time so he kicked my ass in my own car! :/

This coming weekend i'm debuting the new wheel/tire setup. Next event i'll have H&R sports and Billsteins. making progress!
                                Originally posted by Roysneon
                                I have a vert project car that will stay auto until/unless the trans craps out on me. I'm just gonna paint it, slam it and pull bitches.

Comment

Working...
                                X