Talkin Turkey Rallycross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talkin Turkey Rallycross

Our regional TVR SCCA annual Talkin Turkey Rallycross was today. After the morning runs, we predict what our overall time for the day will be. Closest to their prediction wins $100. I was 9 seconds off my prediction. My afternoon runs were perfect, and although no bucks, a class win against some fierce competition on Rally tires is good too. And, we still have the Christmas Rallycross event coming up.

sigpic

2011 335i/1995 Mercedes C220 (rallyx)

Interesting idea, I like it. So I assume that the competitors are not allowed to actually look at their comp times throughout the day until after their last run (so nobody can "dog it" on their last run to get their time, or something)....
    Stage rally/rallycross e30 build/competition journal
    Track/street e21 build
    visit Condor Speed Shop
    visit Motorsport Hardware

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"] 1985 318i/M50 Rally Car - 1988 Porsche 924S - 2005 Sequoia tow pig - 2018 GTI

Comment

on an unrelated note....where is your camera mounted? It seems really zoomed in, and the vids would probably look better if you moved it back between the driver's seats so you can both see the entire windshield view and perhaps part of the driver...

like so

Track/street e21 build
      visit Condor Speed Shop

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"] 1985 318i/M50 Rally Car - 1988 Porsche 924S - 2005 Sequoia tow pig - 2018 GTI

Comment

I guess you could dog it for a couple runs to reach a goal, but you know how tough it is to hold back once you drop that clutch. I had bumped the zoom on the camera reaching back to turn it to record. I usually turn it on and leave it for a set of runs, but I screwed up all the runs this time. Its mounted on the harness bar BTW.
        sigpic

2011 335i/1995 Mercedes C220 (rallyx)

Comment

Yeah, I know I couldn't do it haha....but who knows what some people would do for some cash :)
          Track/street e21 build
          visit Condor Speed Shop

Comment

Sweet! Love me some rally cross action!

Comment

Working...
            X