No announcement yet.

Any of you cats do iRacing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would be down for a weekly Open Lapping/Track Day in the Mazda's with you guys. Thursday nights would work fine for me.

I think the issue may be that it's great for drifting but we arent' looking to drift. We are looking to race, and practice.

LFS was ok, I started playing some SimBin Titles and personally I liked those better. I found RF MUCH better then LFS.
    clutchCTRL!
    Move with a purpose.
    - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
    - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
    - 2000 323i AT
    2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

What track? My favorites are Lime Rock, Road Atl, and Mosport
      - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

Jb and I run together occasionally. I'm going to try to at least do a full season of one series this time around. I'm thinking GT1 and then running some GT3 for participation credits. I have to say though, I really love the Lotus 79 and the V8 Supercar. Those are probably my favorite on service, but participation is just too low to be able to jump in and run a race whenever you've got time.
        75' M42 Powered 2002
        AW 318is

Comment

I'll host a practice session this Thurs at 6:30 PM Pacific, spec miata, same track of the week so those practicing for the series get more time in. Maybe we can do a short 10-15 min hosted race as well at the end.

IMO the next best series is either SRF or Star Mazda, but those without setups can easily be left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by damastah View Post
            Drifting feels exactly like real life.

Wong thread.

Originally posted by R3Z3N View Post
            I'll host a practice session this Thurs at 6:30 PM Pacific, spec miata, same track of the week so those practicing for the series get more time in. Maybe we can do a short 10-15 min hosted race as well at the end.

IMO the next best series is either SRF or Star Mazda, but those without setups can easily be left behind.

Cool, I got mine setup over the weekend, still have a bit of tweaking to get everything back exactly how I had it, but I'll jump in on the practice session.

Also, it looks like they released a new tire model for this season. The MX-5 cars feel radically different, the rear end wants to come around MUCH easier than in previous seasons. I ran about 10-15 laps at Lime Rock Friday night. Definitely going to have to change my driving style to fit the new tires.
            Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
            Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
            One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
              it looks like they released a new tire model for this season. The MX-5 cars feel radically different, the rear end wants to come around MUCH easier than in previous seasons. I ran about 10-15 laps at Lime Rock Friday night. Definitely going to have to change my driving style to fit the new tires.
              That's not good news. The MX-5 cars were already borderline unrealistically loose.
              Originally posted by kronus
              would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

I felt the Miata to push in almost all situations unless you muscled it around.

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
                  That's not good news. The MX-5 cars were already borderline unrealistically loose.
                  No, it was an understeering pig on the last few tire iterations. You must have a very different driving style because basically everyone complained about it being hard to turn-in on the fixed setup in the rookie series.

I'm going to have to way readjust how I trail brake to keep the rear end from swapping on me.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

But to be fair, they changed a bunch on the MX-5 for the new build:

Mazda MX-5 Cup

- Now has the new V6 tires.

- Made dampers linear to get rid of the weirdness in force changes from low to mid speed. Also linearized the click settings and degree sweeps - now each adjustment produces an even level of damping change throughout adjuster range.

- Increased wheel inertia.

- Adjusted the center of gravity height a little lower and re-tuned the chassis mass distribution angle a little lower at the front.

- Updated setup for the new season.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

My recollection was that it understeered in high speed corners and was loose in tight low speed corners. It's been at least six months since I've been in it though...
                      Originally posted by kronus
                      would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

OH geez, the Esses at toward the end of the lap at Summit Point are interesting, also have to be much earlier on the brakes on the big straights.

Much different. Ugh.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

I'll be in the general practice rooms tonight in spec miata. Handle is Justin Ooms

Comment

It's weird, I ran some laps at Summit point and the car felt very different.

Then did a few races at Okayama and the car didn't feel as "off." Strange.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Should be on tonight in the Open Practices..

Is it possible to run 900degrees in the Mazda Cup Car?
                              clutchCTRL!
                              Move with a purpose.
                              - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                              - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                              - 2000 323i AT
                              2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
                                Should be on tonight in the Open Practices..

Is it possible to run 900degrees in the Mazda Cup Car?
                                I am with my Fanatec CSW v2....

Comment

Working...
                                X