No announcement yet.

Jongbloed 15x10 On Track Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isn't the 275/35/15 a really popular tire for miata's?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post

Yup, and the Miata guys are finding they are even faster on an 11" than a 10".

A lot of the fast NASA TT guys are now sticking 245/40/15s on the 10" wheels.
      Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
      Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
      One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post

And E30s.

Comment

Originally posted by berlow94 View Post
          Still going to agree that the car isn't going to drive well or fast at all with all of that grip. E46's run into problems when running that big of an r-comp tire. Your cars suspension was never designed to handle that.
          I bet money you will be faster with 15x8's and 235 width tires. Way lighter too!

Not likely,besides that where are you finding 235-15's?.If your talking about those oddball toyo T1s(from memory)than for sure wrong.
          A 205 works best on a 7.5 to 8" wheel and the 225 is no improvement unless on a 9" wheel,the Maxxis is on the narrow side but still likely best on a 10" wheel.
          With tons of grip the car may not "feel" lively buts its very rarely slower than the same car with more grip.

Comment

Originally posted by robgoesvroom View Post
            Where are you getting hub centric 25mm spacers?

I bought the H&R DRA ones:

sigpicLevel Motorsport: www.levelmotorsport.com

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/levelmotorsport/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LeVelIndustries/?fref=ts

Comment

If Hoosier made 245-15's I would consider trying them against the 275.

I know what you are saying about suspension geometry, but do you think that the way the car is built doesn't change the capabilities at least a little bit? For instance my car is seam welded, full cage, tube front end, rear shock towers heavily reinforced, subframes heavily reinforced, rear trailing arms reinforced, lots of adjustability everywhere for alignment and dampers. I think the stiffening of the chassis and the ability to adjust modern suspension components really changes what the car can handle. If you are running 10's with 275 Hoosiers, I doubt we are talking a spec car here.

Comment

Jongbloed 15x10 On Track Car

This is all relevant to my interests. I'll let you guys know how much faster or slower I'll be running with 245s on an other wise stock E30 chassis around end of January. Rocco can give you his inputs on a 275 Hoosier.

Toyo makes 235 R888s. IIRC, Maxxis is the only company that makes a 245/15" dot tire.

Anyways, it's great Jongbloed made these wheels in bmw fitment. I think they look great!

sigpic

Comment

You'll def be faster.

Hoosier does make 245/15's. Only other that hasn't been mentioned is an avon tire we can't really get anyway.

It would be nice if we could get some 245/15 tw200 tires.

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerputzer View Post
                    You'll def be faster.

Hoosier does make 245/15's. Only other that hasn't been mentioned is an avon tire we can't really get anyway.

It would be nice if we could get some 245/15 tw200 tires.
                    Sorry, I meant to say 255/15.

Comment

I'm running a 235/40r17 on Apex 17x8 wheels. Very happy with the 235 tire on the 8" rim.
                      I need a 17" wheel to clear my brake setup.

This statement, "A 205 works best on a 7.5 to 8" wheel and the 225 is no improvement unless on a 9" wheel", is completely wrong. 205 works best on a 7" rim MAX. A 205 on a 8" rim is some stance bro crap. And 225 on a 9" rim? Try 255.

My car is equally as built as yours minus the front tube frame and i can definitely feel my trailing arms and rear subframe flexing and i'm running Toyo Proxe RR's. I'm putting 275 HP to the ground.
                      The best one-stop shopping for German car parts and lifestyle: http://www.gutenparts.com/

Comment

I'm running a 235/40r17 on Apex 17x8 wheels. Very happy with the 235 tire on the 8" rim.
                        I need a 17" wheel to clear my brake setup.

This statement, "A 205 works best on a 7.5 to 8" wheel and the 225 is no improvement unless on a 9" wheel", is completely wrong. 205 works best on a 7" rim MAX. A 205 on a 8" rim is some stance bro crap. And 225 on a 9" rim? Try 255.

My car is equally as built as yours minus the front tube frame and i can definitely feel my trailing arms and rear subframe flexing and i'm running Toyo Proxe RR's. I'm putting 275 HP to the ground.

Its actually not wrong,about 3 minutes with your new friend Mr google will enlighten you to an actual proper same tires/different width wheels and same car/course/driver and day testing.

I'm no flat billing stancer,I'm deep in my forties with 20 yrs of racing behind me already for whatever its worth.

Comment

I'd like to see more pics of the aero setup in berlows sig

sigpic

Comment

Here's the first thing "Mr. Google" gives you when you search '205 tire on 8"rim'.

If this is what you have been driving on a race track for 20 years could you please PM me and explain to me what you are smoking? It sounds incredible!

The best one-stop shopping for German car parts and lifestyle: http://www.gutenparts.com/

Comment

Originally posted by robgoesvroom View Post
                              I'd like to see more pics of the aero setup in berlows sig

It's an APR GT-250 wing with a custom APR front splitter/undertray.

Comment

Here's the first thing "Mr. Google" gives you when you search '205 tire on 8"rim'.

Nice girly 205's.

Don't try to compare pedestrian tire widths to Rcomp widths.
                                Last edited by Northern; 10-16-2017, 11:50 AM.
                                Originally posted by priapism
                                My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                                Originally posted by shameson
                                Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Working...
                                X